Poll

How should we handle duels?

Play through DN or DevPro
- 4 (15.4%)
Freeform Duels/Storydriven duels
- 7 (26.9%)
IRC Chatroom
- 2 (7.7%)
Which time period should this be done in?
- 1 (3.8%)
Before GX
- 5 (19.2%)
During GX
- 3 (11.5%)
After GX
- 4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 42

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread  (Read 45748 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread
« Reply #480 on: June 21, 2014, 03:21:57 pm »

No, make all the summons unique in some way. Still make them kindof a 'final use' card that screws you if it fails(except for the one that doesn't , of course), but still.

Like having to banish your entire graveyard, or discarding half the remaining cards in your deck every turn, rounded up.

Edit: also, for the theme, you should totally base them off various creepy/scary mythological figures. The Nuckelavee should be water. Maybe something to do with Seraphs or the underworld/heaven for Light. Etcetera.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 21, 2014, 03:24:47 pm »

Hmm...
So, the Wind attribute one would presumably require discarding your entire hand with a minimum of 4 cards. Something like that?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 21, 2014, 03:28:49 pm »

Dark attribute wouldprobably only be summoned from the graveyard(no idea for summoning conditions other than that), Wind attribute might require discarding your entire hand other than that card, maybe even gaining power based on the number of cards, Earth might wipe everything from the field or eat your side of the field to come out, Light might banish your graveyard, Fire would deal a shittin of LP damage to you, and Water might be the milling thing or something
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 21, 2014, 03:30:02 pm »

What would the 7th card be? DIVINE?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 21, 2014, 03:32:16 pm »

Void, or the like. The eighth card would be Divine, or Spirit, or something.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 21, 2014, 03:43:41 pm »

So, 8th RP-only attribute? I think I might stick with 7 cards, with with the 7th one being DIVINE, or something?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 21, 2014, 03:44:58 pm »

I originally suggested seven. :p
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 21, 2014, 03:48:38 pm »

Yes, but I want a goddamn final boss card. Your suggestion meant no final boss. Oh, and we'll do it in the style of the duel in 5ds where Jack, Yusei and Crow dueled the villain at the same time, but with even more people. Yeah, 10 people vs 1.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 21, 2014, 03:52:09 pm »

Nine people, actually.

And I really don't think that's a good idea.

And also spoilers: I've never finished GX, bro.

Should probably be more like 2 or 3 people fight the final boss, while everyone else fights a revamped version of the one of the older bosses, to give the other times to win against FINAL BOSS.

Or just make the final boss have all the boss cards in his deck.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 21, 2014, 04:01:25 pm »

So, who would those 3 people be? And maybe I'll have the other 6 fight revamped versions of the previous 6 bosses, not just one.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 21, 2014, 04:04:20 pm »

So, who would those 3 people be? And maybe I'll have the other 6 fight revamped versions of the previous 6 bosses, not just one.
We'll see when it comes to that?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 21, 2014, 04:07:12 pm »

No, we obviously have to decide on that now.
Actually, I like dark's idea, let's go with it.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 21, 2014, 04:07:25 pm »

That's what I meant. >.>

But yeah, we'll either vote on it, or people can be fine with not being always in the spotlight. We'll all get our own 'episode' at keast once, after all. I believe you can balance it.

In fact, what would be interesting would be a roulette duel. Every few turns, your opponent changes, but your field remains the same. Equip cards to monsters you're not fighting anymore remain, unfortunately, meaning some cards are more useful than others, and field wipe is less effective than build-up, unless you have insta-wipe.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 21, 2014, 04:19:43 pm »

Can we please allow synchro cards at some point in the future? I ask because a lot more strategies become viable with them, and also because Karakuri is really fun but totally reliant on synchros(seriously four fucking cards in that archetype are tuners it's ridiculous).

Plus, Deep Space works well in terms of flavor for Synchros. And it means Levels are worth a damn.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 21, 2014, 04:27:15 pm »

...RPGeek, do you even realise how much that would fuck up the timeline?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 42