Poll

How should we handle duels?

Play through DN or DevPro
- 4 (15.4%)
Freeform Duels/Storydriven duels
- 7 (26.9%)
IRC Chatroom
- 2 (7.7%)
Which time period should this be done in?
- 1 (3.8%)
Before GX
- 5 (19.2%)
During GX
- 3 (11.5%)
After GX
- 4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread  (Read 45781 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread
« Reply #450 on: June 20, 2014, 01:53:30 pm »

Well... Wish me luck guys.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 20, 2014, 01:56:03 pm »

I'm sure you will do fine :)
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 20, 2014, 02:00:32 pm »

And now, Calagon takes the role of Yugi for this 'episode'. Why? Because he have Shawn a card that may very well win him the game.
Pro tip anailater. If you have more life points but your opponent controls a powerful monster,  equip it to your opponent.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 20, 2014, 02:04:37 pm »

I will do this! I will also try to not lose horribly! Also I should invest in getting more actual monsters as soon as I can!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 20, 2014, 02:10:30 pm »

You know, you kinda have to respond to Zan's action.
Any other suggestions/votes for the villain cards?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 20, 2014, 02:15:17 pm »

I know about them, and I considered them, but...
I just don't want to use those in particular.
Any other suggestions/votes for the villain cards?

Stuff based off the Greek Titans?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 20, 2014, 02:19:45 pm »

Make seven of them, based around the six attributes and a seventh special attribute that only applies to that card or something. Or simply have it technically be all the attributes at once.

Base it on mythological incredibly powerful/scary figures. Like the Nuckelavee, for water.

Edit: Or do it based on the Zodiac signs, with the most powerful being the 13th Zodiac, Ophiuchus(or whatever), the Snake
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 02:21:37 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 20, 2014, 02:22:59 pm »

Not sure.  If you have a team of four, you could go Dragon Ruler - Blaster, Redox, Tidal, and Tempest.  All four of the younger versions are Forbidden, but the adults are still viable at Limited.  Other aces might be Horus, the Simorghs, Vanities, Heralds, or the Monarchs.  I'm somewhat uncertain when it comes to created cards, but it's not a terrible thing, I think.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 20, 2014, 02:25:33 pm »

Luckily, this is an RPG, and we don't have to give a shit about Forbidden cards when the plot is involved if we don't want to.

Besides, do you really think the guy playing a shadow game with you gives a shit whether it'a forbidden or not?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 20, 2014, 02:28:54 pm »

That's a good question, Blitz will our characters get involved in unimaginable battles of Good Vs Evil, where are lives, no, our souls are on the line?

If so that is acceptable.
If not, that is also acceptable.
So how are you today?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 20, 2014, 02:31:47 pm »

Tell me, if I'm asking about villain cards , what do you think?
The answer is yes. Yes you will.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 20, 2014, 02:33:55 pm »

Luckily, this is an RPG, and we don't have to give a shit about Forbidden cards when the plot is involved if we don't want to.

Besides, do you really think the guy playing a shadow game with you gives a shit whether it'a forbidden or not?
Depends on if he's using a duel disc or not.  I think a couple would-be cheaters in the anime have been caught out when their disc rejected the card.  And, conversely, at least one fair duelist was just as surprised as his opponent to find that his ace card (a last-second gift) was only accepted by the system because the system had been hacked, in spite of it being Forbidden in-verse.  I simply said it for the sake of completeness, because we are using the ban list for our created decks. 

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 20, 2014, 02:35:00 pm »

On the subject of villain cards...
I'm not the best source of information on this subject but maybe try going for non-god cards?
In the end its your choice but maybe try and avert expectations.
So how are you today?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 20, 2014, 02:37:07 pm »

Well, they're not going to be god cards, anyway. I was thinking something in the style of the Light and Datk Rulers in Arcana Force, and then we could so the whole control fate thing Sartorius had going on.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 20, 2014, 02:39:38 pm »

Depends on if he's using a duel disc or not.  I think a couple would-be cheaters in the anime have been caught out when their disc rejected the card.  And, conversely, at least one fair duelist was just as surprised as his opponent to find that his ace card (a last-second gift) was only accepted by the system because the system had been hacked, in spite of it being Forbidden in-verse.  I simply said it for the sake of completeness, because we are using the ban list for our created decks.

Aye, but I think that's as much because the Duel Academy has rules more than anything else.

Also, what the hell is the point of Forbidden cards existing in-universe if they're always Forbidden and thus unusable? I mean really.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42