Poll

How should we handle duels?

Play through DN or DevPro
- 4 (15.4%)
Freeform Duels/Storydriven duels
- 7 (26.9%)
IRC Chatroom
- 2 (7.7%)
Which time period should this be done in?
- 1 (3.8%)
Before GX
- 5 (19.2%)
During GX
- 3 (11.5%)
After GX
- 4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 42

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread  (Read 45757 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread
« Reply #465 on: June 20, 2014, 02:43:54 pm »

I intend to change the banlist in-universe a few times, actually.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 20, 2014, 02:48:12 pm »

Luckily, this is an RPG, and we don't have to give a shit about Forbidden cards when the plot is involved if we don't want to.

Besides, do you really think the guy playing a shadow game with you gives a shit whether it'a forbidden or not?
Depends on if he's using a duel disc or not.  I think a couple would-be cheaters in the anime have been caught out when their disc rejected the card.  And, conversely, at least one fair duelist was just as surprised as his opponent to find that his ace card (a last-second gift) was only accepted by the system because the system had been hacked, in spite of it being Forbidden in-verse.  I simply said it for the sake of completeness, because we are using the ban list for our created decks.

Aye, but I think that's as much because the Duel Academy has rules more than anything else.

Also, what the hell is the point of Forbidden cards existing in-universe if they're always Forbidden and thus unusable? I mean really.
What's the point of them existing in real life?  To be perfectly honest, and I apologize if I'm missing anything obvious, I'm not sure why this is a point of continuing contention on your part.  As I noted, I said it for the sake of completeness, because it may have mattered to Blitz.  As he's weighed in and said that it doesn't, it won't. 

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 20, 2014, 03:05:43 pm »

I just meant that in universe I didn't think there were multiple rules sets, since TCG, OCG, and the other one all have different semi-/limited/forbidden lists.

But if Blitz says it don't matter none, it don't matter none.

And my Six Samurai deck that will eventually be created will contain copious amounts of Gateway :p
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 20, 2014, 03:08:15 pm »

Coincidently, expect CED to be unbanned for all of one day before it is banned again.
Oh, and Pot of Greed will have to be unbanned for some of your second year, as well as Monster Reborn.
And when did I state the banlist didn't matter? At least that's the impression I get from your post Culise.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 20, 2014, 03:18:24 pm »

Coincidently, expect CED to be unbanned for all of one day before it is banned again.
Oh, and Pot of Greed will have to be unbanned for some of your second year, as well as Monster Reborn.
And when did I state the banlist didn't matter? At least that's the impression I get from your post Culise.
Oh, whoops, sorry.  I meant that it didn't matter in the context of big evil villains who don't play by our rules, which is what Rolepgeek was expressing concern about.  If the banlist is changing, it's probable that it will change in a way to permit said villains to be more threatening, rather than less, or in the context that I had stated, it'd be more likely to be an unban of the young forms of the Dragon Rulers, if said cards were used.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 20, 2014, 03:25:04 pm »

For a second I thought you were talking about Cyber End Dragon. Almost gave me a heart attack. >.>
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 20, 2014, 03:27:18 pm »

Nope. Chaos Emperor Dragon.
And yes, to the more important villains, petty things like a banlist won't matter very much.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 21, 2014, 05:29:35 am »

Anyway, I decided that the villain cards are definitely going to be RP-only, and am currently in the process of designing them. Any questions?
Edit:Just noticed a mistake in a post from way earlier in this thread. I said Sephaion, but meant Sephylon.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 06:09:43 am by BlitzDungeoneer »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 21, 2014, 11:12:18 am »

What's the theeeeeeeme for theeeeeemmm?

And also can we steeeeeeaaaaall theeeeeeeemmm whenwebeattheirasses?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 21, 2014, 12:55:47 pm »

>___>  <____< Maaaybe.
The theme is Dragon Lord of (insert element here).
Should I do the whole 3 monsters, 1 red 1 blue 1 yellow, or should I change things up a bit?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 21, 2014, 01:25:47 pm »

Do orange green and purple.

Or red, green, and blue. Possibly cyan, magenta, and yellow.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 21, 2014, 01:28:19 pm »

I already have a few planned out, but like I said, should I do 3, or more?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 21, 2014, 02:40:46 pm »

One per semi-major villain.

And I say at least six, one for each attribute. Possibly a seventh for the ULTIMATE FINAL UBER-MEGA BUT NOT ACTUALLY FINAL BOSS.

There never does end up being a truly final boss, does there? *sigh*
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 21, 2014, 02:44:42 pm »

First off I agree with the one per semi-major villian, secondly

I have never been this pumped before, I haven't been choosing cards I've just been using a random list generator and my deck.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 21, 2014, 02:55:43 pm »

Rolepgeek, that is a freaking great idea! Except there will be a final boss, in the form of an eight card which is a fusion of the previous seven.
Also, should I keep the destroy/tribute 3 cards gimmick?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 42