Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Illion : Mech RPG: Game thread:  (Read 14213 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Illion : Mech RPG: Game thread:
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2014, 03:58:15 pm »

"You guys suck."

Pressurize? If not, see if I have a space suit.
Also, fire gauss gun at the mech that just yelled at me.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2014, 04:02:02 pm »

((I don't think anybody yelled at you.))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2014, 04:04:20 pm »

((I don't think anybody yelled at you.))
((Sonic weaponry. Also OOC thread. Link in OP.

It needs love, it's like on the third page.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2014, 05:07:25 pm »

((The GM understood me, all is well.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2014, 05:09:08 pm »

Quote from: G; to All
What the hell just happened up there
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2014, 05:17:32 pm »

Quote from: Angel to G
Everything exploded.
Sig

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2014, 05:01:41 am »

Switch aim to one of the fliers, fire. Also pressurize Hurricane/flightsuit if possible.

Alec triggers his comms briefly, "Nice shootin', Alice. Absolutely wonderful.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2014, 03:50:00 pm »

Turn 3: The poison sky

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

The hangar bay ruined and in flames, Hegemony forces in complete disarray and  a large amount of supplies going up in flames. The mission was going easier than expected. Able to whistand the heat and poison gas thanks to the NBC decontamination system, Alice relaxed for a moment as the others mopped us the last of the resistance. Only a moment though, as it wouldn't be long before the dropping air pressure would affect her mech as well. The lifesupport system might be fully independent, but the Nuclear core would be unable to cope with a loss of air cooling.

Seeing the flying mechs coming in low, Allec Carrick, readied his Close in Weapon system. The Gun roared to live, thousands of Smart AP D-uranium rounds flying through the sky, and straight into the flyers, the armor buckled under the stress, before giving away completely as the mech was turned into Swiss cheese. And then into fondue, as the mech turbocharged gasoline Engine burst into flames, before disappearing in the rapidly approaching firestorm.

The Orca mech meanwhile, is fighting a slow battle with the enemy Centurion. Using only a fraction of it's weaponry, the Orca completely fails to damage the enemy mech. There's a lot of couching coming in on the radio though, most certainly not a good thing in the present situation.

Determined to stop the enemies from securing their precious payload, Kiren fires her mech's electrolasers at the escaping Scarab mechs. The dual laser misses completely, but the slightly stronger single variant hits home. The electrified beam hits the mech, charring it and melting it's Torso as well as doing severe damage to it's internal systems, as it drop's it's payload. The Other Scarab seems determined though, and continues to drag the crate. The now crippled mech is slowly making it's way to the evac shuttle. They're only 50 meters away from the shuttle, so now's your last chance to stop them.

Seeing Angel struggling with her mech, Lucen takes aim, and blasts a shot straight through the Centurion's cockpit, shattering the entire armor and bringing the thing to an immediate halt. Even if the pilot has survived that, his equipment is probably ruined. Besides, the gas'll probably kill him before he can react.

As the temperatures reaches the lower forties (Celcius), and with the airpressure now at 0.75 athmosphere, most of your mechs are starting to struggle. It might be best to get out of here while you still can. The shuttles are preparing for launch, though quite a few haven't had any passengers boarded, and are still standing idly. Amongst these is the shuttle the Scarab's are heading for. The fire continues to spread, though the Armored exosuits have succeeded in creating a firebreak, and the Flying support mech [Name needed] is extinguishing any secondary fires.

General Battlefield description

The huge, primary hanger of the HMV Argo, a massive cylinder almost 1 kilometer long, and 1 km from top to bottom. A spindle runs through the center, 500 meters above you, carrying the cranes that allow cargo to be moved through the bay. As cargo is easier to handle in zero gravity, most of it has been suspended of the spindle. The wind howls as the cargo flies by overhead at almost 360 kilometers an hour (relatively). A massive firestorm envelops the back end of the cargo area, cutting it off from the rest of the ship. The elevators are a molten mess. Passengers are either death or on the shuttles, which are preparing for launch.

Though you intend to use one of the shuttles, 2 ACL's (Atmospheric Cargo Lifters) are located on the far end of the cylinder, which could make for an appropriate ride, if you could fly them through an airlock moving at 360 kmh.

The Argo is an older vessel, as clearly identified by the fact that it still relies on inertial systems to provide artificial gravity, rather than much simpler, modern, non-inertial alternatives. Other evidence of that is that it still relies on massed amounts of manual labor, through mech's, rather than the massive cargo cranes present in later designs.

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Players:

Spoiler: Mech Health (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Angel Carlson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lucen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shadow Strider (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kiren Violik (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Violet Night (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alice Konicek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rocket Raven (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Mech health (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mech Stats (click to show/hide)

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2014, 04:02:06 pm »

((Gonna RP my guy, assuming that whoever had hit the ship with the first blast/other misc weaponry has a visual on it still))
Quote from: G: to: Angel
What the hell does that mean?
((There won't be a response, right?))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 15, 2014, 04:06:39 pm »

Kiren: Contemplate sudden change in gender and anatomy. ((Hehe Kiren's confusing the GM nows. That made my day. Kiren ish a male, remembers?))

Fire the Mortar, recoilless rifle, and the Double Oxygen Ion Laser at the functioning mech,

Fire everything else at the crippled mech.

Move towards the unoccupied shuttles, time to leave.

People, time to get out of here, I'm headed to the unoccupied shuttles, I advise you do the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2014, 04:43:36 pm »

"We're done here. Everyone; disengage, we need to get out."

Burst towards the unoccupied shuttles with combo-Anti Grav and Jump Jets. Swat the Scarabs if they get in the way.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 04:46:37 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 15, 2014, 05:57:19 pm »

Head towards the shuttle that the Scarabs were moving towards.

Fire at the undamaged Scarab with the Gauss gun, and at the other flier with the CIWS if possible.

"Agreed. Want ta see about securing some of this cargo? I'm sure the higher-ups would pay bonuses for captured supplies..."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2014, 06:34:34 pm »

Head towards the shuttle that the Scarabs were moving towards.

Fire at the undamaged Scarab with the Gauss gun, and at the other flier with the CIWS if possible.

"Agreed. Want ta see about securing some of this cargo? I'm sure the higher-ups would pay bonuses for captured supplies..."

"You want to stay in here longer and choke to death, be my guest. I'd rather not lose a comrade so early, though."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2014, 06:43:55 pm »

Quote from: G: To: All
What's going on up there? Angel stopped responding.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2014, 08:04:57 pm »

Time to split.

Fire a hasty salvo of HEAT missiles towards the exosuits, then head towards the shuttles. If the Scarabs are in the way destroy them with the laser.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13