Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Illion : Mech RPG: Game thread:  (Read 14196 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Illion : Mech RPG: Game thread:
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2014, 11:17:05 am »

"Yeah? You seein' something I don't? Cuz' I'm pretty sure the big one ain't armed worth a damn. We make them get out of their mechs and leave. Sound of fightin' will get someone to call for backup anyway; this way we can spend that time doing what we came here for, instead of trying to finish off some worthless loading mechs."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2014, 11:20:05 am »

"Roger that then. You talk 'em down if you wish, but we have to smash up most of these shuttles, and we want some too."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2014, 12:34:15 pm »

You know, I caaan always just laser them, electricity doesn't really get affected by inertia.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2014, 12:35:16 pm »

You know, I caaan always just laser them, electricity doesn't really get affected by inertia.
((Lasers are light...))
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2014, 12:37:26 pm »

((Lasers are light...))
((technically there's one laser and two ion beams "electrolasers" so you're both right))
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2014, 12:42:50 pm »

((OOC thread is linked in the OP....))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2014, 08:08:49 pm »

"So get started, then. Make sure you can show off your guns, though. If they don't comply, we blow them to shit."

Start moving towards the Huge Mech, train gauss cannon on the cockpit.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2014, 08:26:34 pm »

I'll focus on the supports near the civvies.[/glow] Kiren instructs his mech to move towards the support mechs among the civilians and turns on his mech's external speaker system as he begins locking on his targets. Attention civilians, please clear the area surrounding Mechanical Support Platforms A and B, minimal safe distance of one hundred meters. Pilots of Mechanical Support Platforms A and B, dismount and move away from your Mechanized Units
 or you will be terminated. This is the Violet Wolf, you have ten seconds to begin dismounting.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2014, 08:50:19 pm »

"That sounds good."

Ready gauss gun and microwave emitter, the only weapons that won't knock holes in the hull. Fire microwave emitter at the large support mech if it doesn't stop being piloted.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2014, 12:31:07 pm »

Aim gauss cannon at the grouping of four small mechs on the central spindle. Fire if they move or if other members of my team open fire.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2014, 09:29:28 am »

Paint the large mech with the laser designator, and try to disable the small mechs with the Electronic-Warfare suite.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2014, 10:28:08 am »

Turn 2: Flames of the Revolution

Kiren Violik [100]

The civilians panic as the towering bulk of the Violet Night, hard to discern as it dynamically blends in with the background, moves towards them. Most flee towards the waiting evacuation crafts, though some people start running back to the elevator. The Support mechs increase their pace, carrying their precious cargo to the nearest transport. The civilians stay away from them, more to avoid being trampled than anything else.

You do get a good look at the mechs now. They're simple Scarab Support mechs. Mass produced in the massive factories of the solar system, it's no surprise to encounter them here. They're not intended for combat, and are lightly armored, often unarmed and generally unsuited for combat..

Alice Konicek [86]

You wait for the elevators to go down one last time, delivering their final passengers, then open fire. The missile bays open up, as you unleash hell upon the primary elevator assembly. Despite the winds, most of the barrage remains on track. A small dozen crashes into the spindle, lightning fires and leaving cargo swaying in the winds as the supports melt away. A couple other missiles loose guidance, simply smashing into the ground.

The majority reaches the end of the hangar, smashing into the elevators, the spindle supporting them and the back wall. The elevator assembly disappears in a true firestorm as the Chlorine Trifluoride ignites, making it appears as it the very air is burning. Amidst the carnage, the elevators burning and smashing into the ground goes almost unnoticed. Alarms wail as the civilians try to flee the firestorm. Though hard to see amidst the fire, you see that many are overcome by the poison gas released.

Allec Carrick [78]

You take aim, and take a shot. A loud snap echoes through the hangar as the hypersonic projectile flies towards it's target, and punches straight through, before embedding itself in the opposite wall of the station.
You're not sure if you hit anything important, but the mech does appear to be moving, if significantly slower than before.

Kaoru Hashimoto

After setting up the target designation, you initiatilize the electronic warfare suite. You don't succeed in disabling them, but you do succeed in scrambling their communication systems, messing with whatever sensor systems they might have, and manage to identify their mechs. Standard Issue Hauler Armored Exosuits, often unarmed.

Your sensor system is picking up something else though, multiple flying targets coming from the other side of the spindle. Four flying targets, coming from the other side of the Hangar. Perhaps responding to the fire, though they might also be responding to you.

Angel Carlson [75]

You fire the Microwave Array at the huge support mech. It stops for a moment, as sparks erupt from what you think is the head. It then turns to face you, bathing you in a blinding light as it bring 2 Sonic cavitation emitters to bear against your mech. The Buckyball coated depleted Uranium keeps together though, sustaining no damage.

Lucen [26]

Seeing the Huge mech open fire against your ally with little effect, you take the time to aim your weapon. You're pretty sure you have identified the cockpit, and as long as he doesn't move to much should be able to hit him easily.

All

It appears atmospheric pressure is dropping rapidly. On top of that, the fire is rapidly burning up oxygen and releasing poisonous gasses.

General Battlefield description

The huge, primary hanger of the HMV Argo, a massive cylinder almost 1 kilometer long, and 1 km from top to bottom. A spindle runs through the center, 500 meters above you, carrying the cranes that allow cargo to be moved through the bay. As cargo is easier to handle in zero gravity, most of it has been suspended of the spindle. The wind howls as the cargo flies by overhead at almost 360 kilometers an hour (relatively). A massive firestorm envelops the back end of the cargo area, cutting it off from the rest of the ship. The elevators are a molten mess. Passengers are panicking towards the shuttles as the battle unfolds.

Though you intend to use one of these, 2 ACL's (Atmospheric Cargo Lifters) are located on the far end of the cylinder, which could make for an appropriate ride, if you could fly them through an airlock moving at 360 kmh.

The Argo is an older vessel, as clearly identified by the fact that it still relies on inertial systems to provide artificial gravity, rather than much simpler, modern, non-inertial alternatives. Other evidence of that is that it still relies on massed amounts of manual labor, through mech's, rather than the massive cargo cranes present in later designs.

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Players:

Spoiler: Mech Health (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Angel Carlson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lucen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shadow Strider (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kiren Violik (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Violet Night (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alice Konicek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rocket Raven (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Mech health (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mech Stats (click to show/hide)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2014, 10:38:25 am »

Niru pressurized the Violet Wolf and fires into the two support mechs with his lasers and microwave emitter aiming for the center of mass. May I ask which one of you thought it would be a good idea to use an incendiary weapon when not all of us have life support systems? Going at me for not being a team player and then effectively killing a third of the group if we can't wrap this up quickly?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2014, 11:11:20 am »

There's no reinforcements getitng through that. Let's smash the rest and then move.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2014, 12:53:04 pm »

"Shit. I had been hoping to avoid civilian casualties...now it's not just 'following orders', it's war crimes. Wonderful. As if I wasn't in enough shit already."

Lucen sighed, and sent a needle flying through the heavy mech's cockpit. Even if she didn't hit the guy inside, the controls would be messed up pretty bad. If it didn't stop moving, she'd fling two more, just to make sure. Then on to other targets...

Also,yeah, pressurize please
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13