Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 517102 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

THe other thing I noticed was that Those that did Multi attacks would run out of attacks and revert back to war of attrition style combat until one person died. So may need passive SP regen during combat. Maybe like 2-3SP gained per turn?

Also, Deriving SP from skill does sound better, But what would the formula be for it?

Also, I did mention that I'll be using this system for my game right? Cause if I did then SP wouldn't be just for Multi attacks but also for Special melee attacks.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

I'm more likely to stick with the MGQ system, since I think the multi attacks are way over the top.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meh, I doubt it will work, since magic will still be that much stronger than Melee.

THen Again, I doubt nothing short of a hard fix for the combat system would fix it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 05:20:39 am by Sanure »
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile

Physical damage is already balanced with magic. Magic excels early on, but you're fucked without mana. The biggest drawback to magic is that you have a stat to use it and a stat to sustain it.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile

I welcome the MGQ system from my whole heart, considering that Icarus already has a BUNCH of special attacks, that I sort of arbitrarily slapped on various drawbacks like mana costs or damage to self, which is pretty hard to actually balance in any way. However if Smurfington can come up nwith a rule on how much SP a special attack should cost, in relation to what it does, that bwould be amazing.

Also, how many SP would someone get, is it an extra stat, etc?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

SP would derive from either strength or skill, not sure which right now. Does anyone still have the data we did on comparing the damage ratio between magic and physical?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

considering that skill already gives a bonus in crit chance, SP should maybe come from strength, which right now is the most underwhelming stat
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Or you could simply ask me. That is also a thing.
But yeah, there's ways.

I just did ask you, didn't I? In a roundabout way admittedly, but it still counts. So I guess that I won't have to do anything else besides wave my hands and say that teleportation of all kinds no longer works? Well, wave my hands and introduce something that'z stopping teleportation from working but still. The two are extremely similar.

considering that skill already gives a bonus in crit chance, SP should maybe come from strength, which right now is the most underwhelming stat

I still think that SP should come from skill, since it makes slightly more sense to me. But I'm not going to complain if you guys want to tie it to strength since it is doing nothing else right now. How many points of SP would we get per Strength? Is it going to work like mana, or will we need multiple points of strength per point of SP? And of course there's that whole balance thing, where we have to figure out how many points of SP you regen per attack and how many you use per special attack.

I feel like we should go with 4~5 points of whatever give you a single point of SP, and you regen a point per regular attack. That'll give most people 2~4 points of SP to play with. Special abilities that use a single point of SP should be limited in scope. So they could be an attack that adds a debuff, or dodge one attack completely or buff yourself slightly. Two points of SP would be for strong single-attacks, multi-character buffs/debuffs or healing, and three points would be for multi-attacks and party-wide buffs/debuffs/heals/whatever. Thoughts? We don't have to go that close to MGQ's system as I've laid out above and could use SP as basically physical magic if we felt like it.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would be fine with crits coming from strength instead, but not BOTH from skill

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Yeah, but then high-strength characters would be the most likely to crit which is a problem since they also do a lot of damage too. If we must split them up, then I'd keep crits based on skill and have SP based on strength.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

I'd raise how much mana spells use to be honest. Or lower how much mana people get. Seriously, no one ever runs out of mana.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Icarus usualy does.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

When was the last time an actual mage did though?

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile

Void teleportation is very simple to block, like regular teleportation. However, it's harder to block manifestation of void related magics or summonable things.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can someone point out to me how Physical damage is leveled out with Magic damage, because I fail to see how.
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 685