Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 520206 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #5145 on: August 15, 2014, 12:14:15 am »

Looks good; I'll be interested to see how Lohen interacts with more enemies to play with, although he'll need to use his Bravery economically.

((It having four uses? Just limit it to one use per battle. Sheesh.))

It's still overpowered. The attack has a 8.7% chance of instakilling the archon, with a base speed stat of 50, and a 37% chance of killing the archon as it is now.

A one in three shot. No.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: August 15, 2014, 12:16:30 am »

In honor of the being made of pure energy I've added to the trope page.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: August 15, 2014, 12:18:17 am »

But there is a part made especially for detonating it and it's basically a remote controlled gun.
That's on uranium ones. Also, it literally is a remote controlled gun. The issue is, it doesn't detonate it by shooting it, it detonates it by shoving in enough uranium for the resultant mass of uranium to go supercritical (it has to move quickly otherwise the front part will go super critical, damage the bomb and not cause any large explosion). Randomly shooting one with a revolver is not going to detonate it.

Also, the classification wasn't just because of the unfeasible result. It was also because he was standing on a cruise missile traveling at Mach 3, aiming at a distant, rapidly decelerating and falling nuclear warhead. That is not a favorable shot.

Looks good; I'll be interested to see how Lohen interacts with more enemies to play with, although he'll need to use his Bravery economically.
Yeah, I didn't expect them to actually succeed (even if it cost the their lives). I just figured they'd get swarmed by drones, Null would suppress them or cover Lohengrin and that Lohengrin would pull some sort of action movie tactic and dodge gattling gun fire whilst shooting down enemies until there were too many and the nuke flashbanged them.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: August 15, 2014, 12:19:54 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 01:08:41 am by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: August 15, 2014, 12:20:31 am »

Okay, and your point is? Most other people would still make it cheaper than what you did.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: August 15, 2014, 12:20:40 am »

Eh, I'll save the not suicidal tactics for the when Lohen's playing for keeps. In my headcanon what just happened was the end of Lohen's story in some other timeline.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: August 15, 2014, 12:25:00 am »

Okay, and your point is? Most other people would still make it cheaper than what you did.
My point was, there were a significant amount of factors that would have prevented him from doing so, I gave what I considered to be a fair value for a near-impossible shot with impossible results.

If another GM decides to make it cheaper, that is not my problem. However, it is better to overestimate it in testing and have a more experienced GM give it a suitable value in the field than to underestimate it in testing and possibly cause an unfair nerf.

I did what I believed was right. As an acting GM for that battle, I believe I did indeed have right of interpretation. If you beg to differ, then by all means GM his next combat test and show us what your opinion on the matter is.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: August 15, 2014, 12:26:11 am »

Okay, if you agree that other GMs could or would price it cheaper why are we even discussing this?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: August 15, 2014, 12:30:22 am »

Okay, if you agree that other GMs could or would price it cheaper why are we even discussing this?
Emphasis on could. Not would. A GM does what they feel like is the right course of action so long as it is permitted.

You had every right to complain, however, I also possess the right to defend myself and justify my actions. A matter I believe is rather important here seeing as the test is for someone else's character.

In the actual game, it would be Smurf's decision.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: August 15, 2014, 12:32:20 am »

I don't think you want my opinions on Smurf's decisions as of late.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: August 15, 2014, 12:33:48 am »

You still aren't considering everything. Paper burns when electricity is introduced. The attack would take a decrease in damage. So 400 becomes 200. Look at that It's already nerfed. As I have said, It is still paper. Soak it in water, Burn it in fire, do anything that causes it to not be dry paper and it becomes useless.

Let's say everyone's speed is debuffed pretty hard, because reasons. Now turn your own attack on yourself. Dead. Most of the PCs. Dead. Murder Night? Dead, albeit temporarily. The 'surprise'? About four fifths of its health gone. Overpowered.

Until I receive a version of the attack I find acceptable, just no, otherwise you may find Murder Night has the exact same attack, and a few debuffers among her ranks.

I'd recommend changing the formula to: Magic Roll+60%+3X%, where X is the amount of paper used in the attack. A 100% paper dragon would deal 15+9+45 damage at maximum, still a fairly impressive figure for a major spell.

If I catch anyone putting words in my mouth, or warping my statements, there will be hell to pay.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 12:36:14 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: August 15, 2014, 12:36:05 am »

Nor mine upon yours. Ones which I have a grievous difference of opinion on.

A 44.44% chance of instantly killing the boss that can be re-attempted as often as the opportunity presents itself is something I believe to be fair.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: August 15, 2014, 12:37:24 am »

A 44.44% chance of instantly killing the boss that can be re-attempted as often as the opportunity presents itself is something I believe to be fair.

Wait, what? Please explain.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 12:39:09 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: August 15, 2014, 12:41:21 am »

Wait, what?
As an upper limit on fairness of course. Plus that does take into account that doing so also perma-kills the person trying it. Really, though, if he just chose to do something less dramatic, such as say, just sticking his gun down where the nukes were getting deployed from and firing till he set one off, he would have had over a 50% chance.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: August 15, 2014, 12:43:08 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 01:08:55 am by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 685