Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 520200 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #5130 on: August 14, 2014, 11:18:18 pm »

He just shoots it? Or does he attempt to disable or detonate it?

Ok, So far I have it set to XD8, which is powerful, I'm thinking I reduce it to (X/2)D4 which has a minimum damage of 50 and a High of 200. IT is dodgable which is as planned, and the attack is a major spell with a TN of 9. The paper used in the attack cannot be recovered during battle.

Sound good?

High of 200

That is an ungodly amount of damage for a major attack. You'd have to increase the mana cost by a lot, because that's still pretty game breaking.
Highly unlikely though. Rounded to two decimal places, there is a 0.00% chance. Most likely is 125 damage at 5.03%
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: August 14, 2014, 11:20:39 pm »

Still, that's gamebreaking damage for 6 freakin mana. Honestly, supply Sen with all the paper she needs, use Dalia to debuff the bosses, and protect the both of them while they butcher the boss.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: August 14, 2014, 11:22:57 pm »

Damage most likely to be around 110 to 140.

What should the damage most likely be around?

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: August 14, 2014, 11:26:38 pm »

Well, the normal booster for a major spell is +60% damage, which for Sen would raise to 13+9 damage at most, not five times that.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: August 14, 2014, 11:27:08 pm »

Lohengrin braces himself on the missile and points his revolver at the warhead. "Null, you might want to set up some shields, if you can. This could get a little bumpy." The German then shoots the fucking warhead.
As in just shoots it? Or is it bravery-enhanced to disable?

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: August 14, 2014, 11:30:39 pm »

Well, the normal booster for a major spell is +60% damage, which for Sen would raise to 13+9 damage at most, not five times that.

The attack is not magical mind you. It's purely physical that uses mana to make it float and fly. It's Sheets of paper hardened to steel then sent at the enemy in the form of a giant dragon. It's like a thousand sheets of sharpened steel sent flying into an enemy.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: August 14, 2014, 11:30:55 pm »

Shooting it could be effective if it crits and hits the detonation doobly boop.

Also I hope someone tells one of my characters 'make me' so they can talk about how much sexual tension that would cause.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: August 14, 2014, 11:39:48 pm »

He shoots it with the hopes to detonate it.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: August 14, 2014, 11:56:08 pm »

I kinda want Isaac to randomly show up and start beating the crap out of the Archon, but no real reason as to why he'd show up...
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: August 15, 2014, 12:00:12 am »

Shooting it could be effective if it crits and hits the detonation doobly boop.
Nukes don't work that way, I doubt a bullet would detonate the explosives, even if they did, they would have to detonate all of them to ensure a proper detonation.

I will assume that the requirements are 'Even Bigger', that is, 12 BP, Target of 15, seeing as it shouldn't be physically possible and the nuke is hard to hit due to the velocity difference.

Turn Order:
Null: 13/16
Lohengrin: 6/6
Pluto: 5

"Surely one cannot be serious! Barriers, especially against such a weapon are not within one's capabilities!"
Null braces for impact behind cover.

[-12 Bravery Points] [23/27 Target is 15] Lohengrin spins on his heel, facing his target side on. He brings his revolver to bear, keeping it's sights trained upon his mark for zero-point-four-six-two seconds before adjusting for its rapid deceleration, fall and various atmospheric effects. He pulls the trigger. A second passes. Perhaps two.

Then, the world fades away in a flash of white and instant of shearing agony. (Lohengrin does not have enough Bravery to survive that. Null does not have enough Defense to survive that.)

Target Destroyed. The objective has been completed, however, Lohengrin and Null are KIA, permanently.

The super-heated, irradiated remains of the SLAM and interception platforms lurch forwards, propelled by the destruction of the city. Quickly, their now far-from aerodynamic forms begin to rapidly decelerate, yet by the time they hit the next city in their flight path, they still carried an immense amount of kinetic energy. The results were not pretty.

Null [DEAD] [4/4]
Lohengrin [DEAD] [38/54]
Pluto [DESTROYED] [0/0]

Either the pair is going to be posthumously prosecuted for peace-time war crimes, or they'll be awarded Medals of Honor posthumously.

Right as for the analysis, well, I didn't find much about Null's support capabilities seeing as unfortunately, covering fire doesn't protect against nuclear fireballs and violent thermonuclear explosions can't really be suppressed by bullets either.

As for Lohengrin, high-risk, high-reward. By the looks of it, Bravery is like MAG and MP except crazier. Allowing him to pull off more stunts but carrying greater dangers. That is, should he fail the TN, he's basically dead. Plus he can't recast because it isn't a spell and he'd probably be too dead to retry. It is still compatible with the magic system by the looks of it, so that's a thing.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 12:01:47 am by Empiricist »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: August 15, 2014, 12:02:44 am »

Of course, most GMs probably wont care as much about the physics stuff as you do so the prices wont be as boringly outrageous.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: August 15, 2014, 12:03:08 am »

That was the most fucking metal test battle I have ever been apart of. That Lohen died with a smirk on his face, confident that he would finally join the great heroes he so idolized. What a baller.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: August 15, 2014, 12:06:45 am »

It isn't physics, it's logic. If you have a nuke sitting somewhere in YOUR OWN MILITARY BASE IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY until you need to deploy it, you'd want it to stop working rather than detonate if gets hit or something malfunctions. Plus a bullet isn't going to set off a nuke just by hitting it, it may cause parts to go supercritical and cause a slight explosion that ruins the nuke without the whole thing going off, but it isn't going to set the entire thing off. There shouldn't be any part that just detonates the damn thing if it gets hit.

That was the most fucking metal test battle I have ever been apart of. That Lohen died with a smirk on his face, confident that he would finally join the great heroes he so idolized. What a baller.
I think it's also the shortest, coming at 1.66 turns (the nuking thing ended the turn before the Pluto could do anything).

Smurf: Any comments on the test battle?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: August 15, 2014, 12:09:47 am »

But there is a part made especially for detonating it and it's basically a remote controlled gun.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: August 15, 2014, 12:12:04 am »

This is me showing I am in the OOC :P
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 685