Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 517319 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: My Shame is Eternal
« Reply #3810 on: August 01, 2014, 10:03:55 pm »

Urge to do bad with god rising...

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: August 01, 2014, 10:05:33 pm »

Oh yeah, Lizzie's soul is up for dibs. If you can get it from the wolf, that is. You'll have to hunt him down.
As in the players? Or a representative of an afterlife?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: August 01, 2014, 10:06:10 pm »

Any god or whatever can grab her soul if they can get it from the wolf. Or capture it with soul magic or something.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: August 01, 2014, 10:10:10 pm »

As in, if they grab it, they keep it? Or if they grab, whatever was shadowing them will grab it, whatever was shadowing that grabs it and it turns into a free for all?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: August 01, 2014, 10:13:24 pm »

Well that ruins the point of the free for all doesn't it.

Hell will just take everyone's soul because it's free slave labor. Heaven has a vast bureaucracy that will take the souls they want before anyone else can just because they's that organised.

Free slave labor put to what purpose, exactly?

Also, I think you misunderstand the nature of bureaucracies. They rarely speed things up.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: August 01, 2014, 10:13:38 pm »

Lizzie's soul is just like every other soul when the wolf has no control over it. It has no plot protection.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: August 01, 2014, 10:16:29 pm »

To build up their realms. What the hell would demons do with slaves that can't fight besides that?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: August 01, 2014, 10:17:11 pm »

Lizzie's soul is just like every other soul when the wolf has no control over it. It has no plot protection.
No I meant, if a god or their representative grabs it, would they be able to take it to their afterlife in time? Or is there a chance they'll get mugged on the way back and it turns into a free-for-all?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: August 01, 2014, 10:27:12 pm »

To build up their realms. What the hell would demons do with slaves that can't fight besides that?
And for what reason are they building up their realms? A gigantic dick-measuring contest? To what end? Hoping that sometime in the next 100,000+ years or so, Lucifer kicks the bucket and they can get his spot? And then do what, exactly? Continue to do the same old thing as ever? They're demons; as far as I can tell, they don't really have any threats to their realms beyond other demons, who have no real reason to attack them other than getting bored because there's nothing to do! They don't need to eat, sleep, or drink as far as I can tell, they don't give much of a shit about what Void and Creation do because they function just fine in either, being both Void and Creation, I mean, there's just no real purpose for them except as a plot device!

What is the point of the slave labor, other than For Teh Evulz?

If GWG was the GM of Hell and he never answered these questions, someone else needs to step in. Just because a GM left doesn't mean their created world isn't still important, and he isn't coming back, so it's not like we need to worry about him getting upset over his world getting changed.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: August 01, 2014, 10:29:54 pm »

As far as I know yeah. Demons just spend all day messing around or corrupting souls for other demons.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: August 01, 2014, 10:31:09 pm »

As far as I know yeah. Demons just spend all day messing around or corrupting souls for other demons.

So they're literally just MacGuffins? They have no real purpose?

Fuck that.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: August 01, 2014, 10:32:42 pm »

That's your bugbear?

Really?

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: August 01, 2014, 10:35:16 pm »

Having played, and still playing a demon, I have an idea of what happens:

If i remember correctly, Demons want souls due to collecting them and using them for trade.

Part of the unknown lore I have for Sen is that she, when she was around 500 years old, acted as a soul collecter for one of the lords of hell. She found it boring and eventuallt stopped doing that when she instigated a small scale war between her master and another demon of hell which got her master consumed and killed.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: August 01, 2014, 10:38:23 pm »

That's your bugbear?

Really?

What would you rather it be? Would you rather it be about the entire setting? My pet peeve is shoddy world-building. If there isn't internal consistency as to the why of things, it's shoddy worldbuilding. I'm a worldbuilder, so I notice this stuff. If you don't like it, too godsdamned bad. You don't get to tell me what my 'bugbears' are.

I mean, god-fucking-damn, Kj. You've been on my case about my views on this type of shit from day one, it feels like, and it's getting annoying. Disagree with the way I play if you like, but don't fucking dismiss it like I'm inferior for it.

Sidenote: Apologies for the anger, though I'm not gonna take it back. Other threads have been pissing me off and making me irritable.

@Sanure: Yes, I understand they collect souls, figured they'd use them as trade(or some similar fashion of use for them), but the thing I'm asking is why? What's the point of doing so?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: August 01, 2014, 10:38:55 pm »

I take it that the rationale is that it is rather difficult to forge a soul even with magic? Hmm... inflation would be an ABSOLUTE BITCH in Hell though since currency is just being perpetually pumped into the economy :P

Any idea why souls would be used for slave labor though? I mean, constructs don't ever complain and are designed specifically for their purposes after all...
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 685