Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 108

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82176 times)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny 2: Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #555 on: June 10, 2014, 11:09:03 am »

Average Iron Revolver*: (The first guns were made by hand, all were unique and had unique ammo, this is balanced because of scarcity of ammo, if you want more ammo, go to the gunsmith who made this. I'll let you decide how much ammo you start with.)
Range 15 spaces. Base accuracy is 23% (Handguns are really inaccurate.) Durability 34. 1d4 blunt damage. Base Damage Resistance is 4. (I advise not meleeing too much with this thing.)

Average Heavy Revolver* Rounds. 4d6 piercing damage. (Early Revolvers were rather heavy hitters but short ranged.) past 7 spaces, -3% accuracy for every additional space target is away from firer. Roll 1d20+BDR vs 1d12 per each shot for durability.

Hm. I thought you said they had 1980s tech, so I assumed we wouldn't encounter this problem. Guess you did this because Prophet was against it?

Anyways, I'll start with a decent amount of ammo, then drop it for another weapon. Heading back to the same place every time I run out of ammo would be a pain in the ass for everyone.

Eh. If we ever get a central hub or something to operate out of, which I doubt, and we can actually, you know, hire someone, we could hire a gunsmith and then I could get back into using them.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 11:45:24 am by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 10, 2014, 11:13:33 am »

So, how exactly would an Illusion look? I was thinking something like this;
Personal Hell Illusion
Innate==>Species
50% success rate. Forces target to see what they consider, consciously or subconsciously, what their own personal hell is. Lasts for 10 minutes, target cannot move while affected, 50% chance of breaking target's mind.
10 INNAM
Or would it be a more general thing?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 10, 2014, 12:31:04 pm »

On a related note, I have no idea where to begin with the soulsucking thing. Still. INNAM... Okay, so that's what it will be using...? How does that work? And I dunno about the success rate, cause if it has a high chance to fail... That's gonna be a pain in the ass since it's necessary for survival. Gonna bump the time down from one hour to, maybe, twenty minutes, though. An hour seems excessive.

On an unrelated note, how many systems are left and which of those are necessary to have before we begin the game?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 12:42:04 pm by Lyeos »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 10, 2014, 12:42:07 pm »

Soulsucking would be 90% or so if not struggling with victim as a base %. On top of bonuses from doing it a lot, bringing it up to 100%

It's innate so it will be using INNAM

First layer mana is 4 letter + M. second layer is 3 letter + M.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 12:52:58 pm by Kevak »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 10, 2014, 12:44:39 pm »

Well, from what I understand so far, there's a bunch of different types of mana. Magic classed as Innate uses INNAM, or Innate Mana. Incidentally, fairly certain that out of combat it can have 100% success rate, like both variations of my Shadow Walk, and Reinforcement and Extension.
Nevermind, Ninja'd by Kevak. Was my assessment at least accurate?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 10, 2014, 12:47:16 pm »

Yup! Different mana for different things.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 10, 2014, 12:49:33 pm »

Soulsucking would be 90% or so if not struggling as a base. On top of bonus,s from needing tom bringing it up to 100%

What?

It's innate so it will be using INNAM.
Yes, but specifically how does that work? You mentioned something for Prophet as generating mana over time, is it basically the same thing? I guess this is really going to depend on the cap, as she's low/no magic other than this.

Thankfully they do produce venom that induces euphoria, so I doubt those victims will struggle. Might have to go for sleeping victims, since it's one arbitrary 'dose' of venom per five souls consumed.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 12:54:34 pm by Lyeos »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 10, 2014, 12:52:03 pm »

Oh sorry, I haven't slept yet today and I'm really hyper, I appear to have made some spelling errors.

Fixed.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 10, 2014, 12:59:51 pm »

Thank you Kevak! That makes sense now. Also, this. Unless the actual stat system needs to be up before you can answer this?

It's innate so it will be using INNAM.
Yes, but specifically how does that work? You mentioned something for Prophet as generating mana over time, is it basically the same thing? I guess this is really going to depend on the cap, as she's low/no magic other than this.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 10, 2014, 01:16:25 pm »

Most species generate mana of certain types per turn, some have much higher caps. Some spells allow mana to be switched between types or transfer or steal mana or other stuff. Which I am too tired to get into cause I was up the entire night working on this stuff.

Your character will be powered by a form of Channel Mana (Up to you as to what type), eating a soul gives you Channel Mana. You will start with a spell that lets you convert that type of Channel Mana to Innate Mana to do your soulsucky thing. You will use a certain amount of said channel mana per day automatically to keep yourself going (I'm thinking like one mana per day and you get 50 per soul with a 1:1 ration for transfer to innate.)

Now anyways. Been up all night working on this.

*goes to sleep*

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 10, 2014, 01:40:06 pm »

Got combat system up on the first page now.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 10, 2014, 01:54:46 pm »

So, in what timeframe can we expect the stat system? And in what timeframe will this start?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 10, 2014, 02:03:40 pm »

So, in what timeframe can we expect the stat system? And in what timeframe will this start?

Seems a new system is put up every two-three days.

As for when this will start, that entirely depends on how many essential systems have yet to be presented. All attempts to gain this information have been ignored.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 10, 2014, 04:13:56 pm »

Phooey, putting this here. Dunno about the mana cost, gonna need to have fairly decent mana cap if it requires... Well, life-force to make this spell work.

Here, very... Skeletal.

Temporary name: Soul Nomming
Innate==>Species
90% Base success rate versus non-struggling victim. Boosted to 100% versus non-struggling because she's done this nonsense over nine-hundred times. ?50?% Success versus struggling.
Steals victim's soul, converts it into 50 ?GODM?.
Twenty minute process?

?5? INNAM

As a side note, I fully intended this to be only necessary every two months.
Storing 50, then requiring that to be converted to use this spell, at, say, ten INNAM, or even five,
Puts that at only slightly over one month, close to a month and a half, thus, the relatively low mana cost I presented.
However, if her cap is high enough to store a fairly large pool of mana, due to only being able to use it for these purposes, then I'll go with a higher mana cost.

Should we invite Zal to this? We have seven players already, but he did run the last one.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 10, 2014, 04:25:35 pm »

((I'm trying to think of what kind of magic demon magic would be. So far my brain is not being helpful so any suggestions?)) ((I'm fine with Zal joining if he wants to.))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 108