Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 108

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82262 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny 2: Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2014, 02:55:14 am »

Kevak and Lyeos bring up a good point.

WHAT RACES ARE AVAILABLE!?

Typical fantasy races, Kevak mentioned a few, you can make yours up* but it'll need to go through Kevak due to how the system is being done.

*Like I did.
Gotcha. My chara will probably be fairly standard, but I'd like to toss a few Original-ish ones in there for flavour.

Also, can there be Viera? Call it a vicarious thrill, but I want my character to be able to date a sexy bunny babe. :P

(( Also, since most of you play my games, when should I start the Gaiden? ))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2014, 02:56:52 am »

Any and all races are available provided they aren't unreasonable (Meaning no being a Friend Cube from Portal or being a giantdeathlazordemongolemdragonofdoomanddestructionandfireandpotatoes.)

I'll just need to work out the stat caps with you if you do an original one cause the system needs to work with them. (I recommend the bay12 lower boards irc.)

The world is set up so there are thousands of races, some well known some less then well known, so there can be Viera, just will need to work out their stats and culture with you.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2014, 02:57:27 am »

Psssh, dude, there's only one chick in this entire group, and she can't be with any of them. Technically can't be with anyone of her own race either, anymore, although she has her (yes, this is going to sound weird) "daughter" with her. Huh. Guess I need to think up things for the other castes, as her "daughter" was made for combat.

So, I suggest that CMC has to play a "sexy bunny babe".
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 03:00:07 am by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2014, 03:01:21 am »

Damn it I just realized that I'll have to work on my races stat caps too. That  would be funny if CMC had to be the bunny girl but I don't think he will do it so no. Unless you want to CMC. ((If you have enough characters then I say soon.))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2014, 03:03:44 am »

So, I suggest that CMC has to play a "sexy bunny babe".
Wait... would I still get to date one? XD jk. I hadn't thought about it honestly, but it could be fun to play as a female. Someone will just need to punch me in the kidney to get the estrogen flowing. Hmmm... Their race is usually more prone to fragile speedsters tho and all the NPC will be hitting on me because all Viera ever are unnaturally hot. So maybe I oughtn't.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2014, 03:06:56 am »

Don't be ridiculous, the NPCs hit on no one. It's KJ you'll have to worry about.*

And I dunno if it's fun. I only end up having to be one every single game. Though it's significantly easier to manipulate other players if they realize you're they're only option

Anyways. Yeah. Care to pick a group?

It's:
Prophet with Kevak
Myself with KJ
Playergamer (Who wants to start by himself).

And yes, you would still get to date one if we encounter one.

*The simplest solution is to not make your character have ridiculously revealing clothing.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 03:24:06 am by Lyeos »

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2014, 03:37:31 am »

You and KJ sound like the best group. Kevak will just keep trying to trap-ify EVERYTHING and Prophet will follow Kevak everywhere. KJ could be funny for sake of what you told me. After all, having your character be hit on can be amusing. ( The first two or three times anyway. ) But I might still go with a male character, and either way I would dress rather modestly, so. I dunno. I think I will go with the Viera because it's different enough from the type of character I normally use, but not so much that it kills my ability to play it well. I might go with a male Viera though. ( I checked, they really do exist, they're just extremely rare and "prefer to have nothing to do with the females (except mating)" which is a pretty accurate paraphrase of the Wiki. ) So. If I go that route, I could also play the character that hits on everything. Problem is, whenever I try to do that it usually comes off as creepy. I want to be pathetic and funny to put down, not "that creepy guy who makes me never want to shower or sleep again"

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2014, 03:43:33 am »

So you want to be a pathetic pervert? Never mind that i miss read that a bit.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 03:46:32 am by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2014, 03:45:19 am »

You and KJ sound like the best group. Kevak will just keep trying to trap-ify EVERYTHING and Prophet will follow Kevak everywhere. KJ could be funny for sake of what you told me. After all, having your character be hit on can be amusing. ( The first two or three times anyway. ) But I might still go with a male character, and either way I would dress rather modestly, so. I dunno. I think I will go with the Viera because it's different enough from the type of character I normally use, but not so much that it kills my ability to play it well. I might go with a male Viera though. ( I checked, they really do exist, they're just extremely rare and "prefer to have nothing to do with the females (except mating)" which is a pretty accurate paraphrase of the Wiki. ) So. If I go that route, I could also play the character that hits on everything. Problem is, whenever I try to do that it usually comes off as creepy. I want to be pathetic and funny to put down, not "that creepy guy who makes me never want to shower or sleep again"
Go to the original thread and read about the Lunarik species.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2014, 03:48:42 am »

I'm not going to be a Ril worshipper as this chara he is to apathetic and neutral to worship anything besides his demon ancestors. I'm mean Lukas was really really really loyal to Ril but to this chara Ril is a stranger.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 03:52:05 am by Prophet »

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2014, 03:49:34 am »

So you want to be a pathetic pervert? Never mind that i miss read that a bit.
No, no, no! Just a Casanova Wannabe who fails at womanizing. Not a pervert at all. ( Or at least a minor one. ) Also, I want to play off the aspects of the Viera being essentially a female-dominant race. ( Meaning, he's probably screwed in a lot of aspects in terms of being able to womanize successfully. Complete with an over-bearing sMother to flashback to for added comedy. ) Basically, I want to be the comic relief guy of my group. However, there's already a comic relief guy so I might go with being a stoic since I'm assuming Lyeos's character is the leader.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2014, 03:51:26 am »

Go to the original thread and read about the Lunarik species.
Or you could just tell me about them instead. If not, link please.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 06, 2014, 03:54:19 am »

In the OP is a link to the first thread just so you know.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 06, 2014, 03:54:48 am »

No, why would I be the leader? And who is supposed to be comic relief? KJ? No... No, KJ's just creepily perverted. And fair enough, though... Kevak's... Entire race = traps. And bombs. And ridiculously hard to kill.

In all honesty Kevak's character would likely be the leader due to being way, way older. Unless he tries to avoid everyone except for Prophet's character again. So, basically you're going to have a character that's bad with women, but thinks he's good at it?

Spare yourself having to read through the first thread. I'm... Gonna be really critical here and say... It was... Well... Not... Not good.

My character is just going to do his own thing while taging along so I'm not the leader but I'm not a follower either.
AKA Follow Kevak's character, though I suppose as the GM you character does need to simultaneously stay out of it while also guiding us to the plot if necessary.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 03:59:20 am by Lyeos »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 06, 2014, 03:57:18 am »

My character is just going to do his own thing while taging along so I'm not the leader but I'm not a follower either. But of course my character does not really care. So he'll pretty much do what the rest of the group is doing anyway so it does not matter.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 03:59:43 am by Prophet »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 108