Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 108

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82288 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny 2: Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #135 on: June 06, 2014, 01:42:05 am »

So are we going to get skill and attribute points? Is there leveling up? How was the XP system decided? etc.

If we do get points for taking skills, what determines how many points taking a skill will require?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2014, 01:46:07 am »

So are we going to get skill and attribute points? Is there leveling up? How was the XP system decided? etc.

If we do get points for taking skills, what determines how many points taking a skill will require?

We're getting a stat system, Kevak is currently making it. I dunno what you mean by "attribute" points though. Maybe.

As for leveling, it's been brought up but never discussed. As with... Quite a few things.

I think you have to have a reasonable balance between positive and negative traits, which I think I failed to do.

And, I think other than fluff/joke skills, last time we were supposed to pick 2-3 skills to add a few points to. If you've got everything other than that done, go ahead and post it. We're all going to need to adjust our sheets for the new system.
Take a closer look at this text!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2014, 01:54:52 am »

One are you sure that i didn't update the list I remember doing it? Two I'll change the op I was being lazy so yeah I'll get on that now.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 06, 2014, 01:56:07 am »

D=Done Blank=Untouched P=In Progress

1.) Stats: P
a.) System: P
b.) Leveling or stat increases

2.) Magic: P
a.) Basic magic system:P
b.) Schools?
c.) The Psion stuff CMC wants, probably going to fall under magic anyways.

3.) Tech advancement: P
a.) Degree of advancement: P
b.) Access to the newer tech

4.) Plot: P
a.) Starting, who is with whom?: P
b.) Getting people together.

5.) Characters: P
a.) General agreement on those already presented: D
b.) GM Approval:D
c.) Sheets from Kevak and CMC.

Slightly updated list? Uh, I put a P beside those since Kevak's working on them.

Yes, I am sure this is not the same list as the one on the front page.
And alright, thanks.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 06, 2014, 01:57:22 am »

We're getting a stat system, Kevak is currently making it. I dunno what you mean by "attribute" points though. Maybe.

As for leveling, it's been brought up but never discussed. As with... Quite a few things.

I think you have to have a reasonable balance between positive and negative traits, which I think I failed to do.

And, I think other than fluff/joke skills, last time we were supposed to pick 2-3 skills to add a few points to. If you've got everything other than that done, go ahead and post it. We're all going to need to adjust our sheets for the new system.
Attributes. The main stats. Skills: Secondary stats related to proficiencies. For example Constitution = Attribute. Sword play = Skill.

Levelling should be a thing. I don't know how it'll work, but it should. I want to be able to take new skills like I can in other games. Don't really know if the attributes should go up much if any.

Right.

I'm waiting for the system first before making a character because I usually like to base my starting skills off something that makes sense in the backstory. ( Or really, more the other way around. )

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 06, 2014, 02:02:07 am »

I would like airships but if i do add airships then I need to add more tech. To tell you the truth I'm fine with tech from the 18 hundreds but having them in the game means I have to kinda add guns too. I would be fine with guns if they didn't replace melee. By tone like do you mean like grimdark or lighthearted or are you asking about a different kind of tone? ((Remember I'm a noob. I mean I know that it must be "so" hard to tell but I am one.))
If you recall, I already pointed out that gnomes have that grade of tech, as they are a puretech race, they have 1980's grade tech. This includes airships and guns.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 06, 2014, 02:03:54 am »

... Yes, we are having "attributes", though most normal people would refer to them as "stats".

While I agree that I want the leveling, I would rather be able to pour some more points into the base stats, since they'll control... Everything. Though I guess that's going to depend on how the system works and how many points we get to assign to begin with.

Skills seem like something that could be increased through gameplay - you know, trainers. Probably going to have a high [Insert Money Here] cost.

And pffffft. Assigning stats based on the character is obviously more important than making a character based on stats. Don't be ridiculous*.

*Lyeos reserves the right to dump his points into Dex and End/Con.

And, wow, Kevak. You're being even more stubborn about this than I am.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 06, 2014, 02:11:35 am »

OK have i update the list right this time? OK senpai. Now all I have to do is figure out how stats and skills work in a forum game.((My brain already hurts from the thought of learning about all these magic, state, and skill systems.  :'( ))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 06, 2014, 02:31:46 am »

The stat system isn't going to be using a leveling system, stats will increase based on actions preformed. stats will make it exponentially harder to do something outside of reasonable range, for example, someone with 10 strength isn't going to be able to carry a rock golem no matter what they do, as the strength required would in the 40's for any decent amount of maneuverability.

Most races will have caps to most or all of their stats, so a Lunarik for example will not be able to go past 15 with strength or stamina, but have absolutely no cap on intelligence or wisdom (although their utter lack of magic makes this less useful.). Their willpower caps at 10 (making the majority extremely submissive with anything not directly related to their instincts.) but their dexterity and agility cap at 33 and 41 respectively (meaning ones that trained at it can easily climb a castle wall in about twenty seconds with no equipment whatsoever.) Their charisma caps at about 24, however their clothing choices (completely nude or seizure inducing incandescent rainbowtastic blehness) would give penalties to charisma not interacting with them.

Stats can be increased up to their cap with practice or doing things that would increase them, for example lifting weights daily for several weeks would increase strength and maybe stamina by a point, but you would need to maintain it, laying around and doing nothing would result in losing strength and stamina points for example. Stats are in flux based on activities. The soldier that practices swordsmanship every day would have an increased strength and stamina. The mage that upkeeps the memorization of a spell daily will have increased intelligence and willpower (as forcing yourself to focus on something for a long time every day requires willpower.)

I'll have the whole ruleset done either tomorrow or the day after. It'll make more sense then.

Skills are things that need upkeep, a spell counts as a skill, a school of magic also counts as a skill. You will have a hard time casting a spell from a school of magic you don't know well. You will also have a hard time casting a spell that you never commited to memory or did at one point but haven't upkept it at all.

Races with perfect memory (*cough* Lunarik and Gnomes*cough*) do not have this problem. However most races with perfect memory lack magical ability or have a difficult time learning new things in the first place (Elves).

Skills are something that you build over time, mining or practicing sword fighting would give you skill in those, however they would also count as an upkeep for strength and stamina, also endurance.

It'll be clearer when I post the ruleset.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 06, 2014, 02:34:47 am »

Thanks senpai!

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 06, 2014, 02:38:39 am »

Oh, wonderful! Caps for races Kevak isn't familiar with as well! Why did  I ever think having different castes within this "race" was a good thing? Especially since I'm intentionally not revealing more than I feel necessary, nor will I. And... I think this is going to be a bit much for Prophet and that idiot known as Lyeos to handle, especially when a relatively simple system was not only proposed but also requested. Ah, well. We'll see.

Anywho, guess you'll get to post that character now, CMC.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 06, 2014, 02:40:30 am »

I'll actually be contacting you some time in the next day or two and get you on an irc or chat program so we can work out the caps for your race. So I will be quite familiar with it by the time we are done Lyeos.

Edit: We will just be working out the caps, not the details or backstory, I don't want to underpower or overpower the race as you made it, I just need the caps and average levels.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 02:43:16 am by Kevak »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 06, 2014, 02:44:04 am »

I'll actually be contacting you some time in the next day or two and get you on an irc or chat program so we can work out the caps for your race. So I will be quite familiar with it by the time we are done Lyeos.
Oh, dear fuck, I'm not even going to be on until next week after I decide to sleep. I don't even care. Just do whatever.
Frankly, I'm a bit pissed off about certain things that have been going on for a while now here in meatspace, so I just feel like bitchin' right now.

Get what you can from the sheet, it's not terrifically complete nor did I stick simply to the role Ammilek had. I would say low strength, high Dex and End*, probably no magic for her caste. (Other than the whole soul-stealing thing, because that's how the entire race operates, y'know?

*Having to be the one making repairs, a decision made at creation, don't let them get destroyed, make sure they can get the fuck out of there if things get heated. I dunno. What would govern the use of guns, though?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 02:52:01 am by Lyeos »

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 06, 2014, 02:49:18 am »

Kevak and Lyeos bring up a good point.

WHAT RACES ARE AVAILABLE!?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 06, 2014, 02:51:08 am »

Kevak and Lyeos bring up a good point.

WHAT RACES ARE AVAILABLE!?

Typical fantasy races, Kevak mentioned a few, you can make yours up* but it'll need to go through Kevak due to how the system is being done.

*Like I did.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 108