Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 108

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82314 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny 2: Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2014, 09:32:29 pm »

Not even like, a hand thing?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny Continuation or Sequel: Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2014, 09:34:09 pm »

Alright, so! New magic system, plot, things to that nature, yes?
Oh, and you already have the new character's sheet, I need to add abilities or skills though. I'll get around to it.

Anyways, so... Proposal!
Either a mana system, each spell having a different cost so weak spells won't burn through as much as powerful ones (and to eliminate, you know, the OP-ness that was a problem in the last one), or having limited uses of spells per day.

I say we do it like the original final fantasy with different spell levels and limited uses of those spells per day. (7 for the first level, 1 for the seven level, as an example. ) And this limit applies to all spells on that level. So say I use a level one fire spell and then a level one ice spell. Then I have 5 casts left. I will comment on each idea as I see them if I feel they need adjusting.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2014, 09:41:37 pm »

..... We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Which we won't. She's been in her current body for seventy-eight years, the chance of her being attracted to your character is rather slim. Especially due to a difference in desirable traits, particularly, your character's lack of horns. That's actually rather important, and there's actually a good reason for her to get upset over people making jokes about her left horn. Besides, she only has one arm at the moment. She has better things to do.

Anywho! So, Prophet, you're with Kevak's character, yes?

Crap, I had something important to say, but now I forgot! Uhh... We could put off needing stats until Kevak finishes the system... Like, have some significant moment that involves all of us meeting where we get to assign stats and pick a trait or perk or something. I dunno.

At the same time, that would be a bit wonky, and, uh, we don't wanna rush into anything.

Hey, it's CMC! I apologize for the thing on the fifth page. You'll see.
Take a closer look at this text!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2014, 09:45:03 pm »

And now I have to change my character description to make a pun.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2014, 09:50:53 pm »

Well either i'm going to meet up with you or Kev-senpai on the road and the one i don't meet up with can pair up with kj because one i don't have i soul for you to steal and two Lukas's descendants split off from Ril's camp/group after Lukas died. Plus after kj suggested that i'm not sure it would be the best idea to pair you guys up. How many players are we going to have i think one more would be good that means we can pair off into three groups.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2014, 09:55:41 pm »

Playergamer wants his character to start alone, you're going with Ril, CMC may or may not make a suggestion - probably not, now - and I don't care, I'd shoot it down anyways because Ammilek's horns actually have a fairly important purpose.

So, in that case, it'll be groups of 1-2-3. Or, 1-2-2-1.

She's not going to take the souls of people she's traveling with or friends, although she will probably request a "nibble" of your souls, since it actually helps her track you.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:59:21 pm by Lyeos »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2014, 09:58:12 pm »

Or three groups of two.

Also, I made the pun. Kyle is now a horny lizard.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2014, 10:13:20 pm »

Well, there goes any chance of CMC joining.

Anywho, yes, I'm fairly certain being on your own is okay. The main concern I had was that... To put it in an intentionally suggestive way, you're going to be playing with yourself indefinitely until plot pulls us together. Which ended up splitting us apart last time.

Anywho!

Kyle will take her! He need someone to reel him in.
Wait, what? If you're talking about morals, she doesn't... I mean, she knows when it would be a bad idea, but she doesn't care as long as you aren't caught.

If you mean in another way... Your parts are not compatible.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

XD Nah. Jk. Hermaphrodites are not that bad. It's transgender that I find infinitely squicky. I just force gender-binary because I hate dealing with cisgenders and people who claim to be genderless Tumblr people. YOU ARE WHAT YOUR GENITALS ARE. Just to make it easier on me as a GM/person. With a herm, I say it's whichever one functions or I'll treat you like a male because in general, I don't f*** anything with a dick. ( Except myself, but that's probably more than you needed to know... ) Also, to me female is defined as "NOT male" for the sake of simplicty. So that's all the compatibility issues we need to note. ( Also, which is your chara psychologically, I need to know for my schadenfreude techniques to be effective. )

I don't have a character rolled yet, but I know I definitely want to play of the psychological to derive my powers instead of just plain "magic".

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny Continuation or Sequel: Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2014, 10:16:24 pm »

Well, there goes any chance of CMC joining.

Anywho, yes, I'm fairly certain being on your own is okay. The main concern I had was that... To put it in an intentionally suggestive way, you're going to be playing with yourself indefinitely until plot pulls us together. Which ended up splitting us apart last time.

Anywho!

Kyle will take her! He need someone to reel him in.
Wait, what? If you're talking about morals, she doesn't... I mean, she knows when it would be a bad idea, but she doesn't care as long as you aren't caught.

If you mean in another way... Your parts are not compatible.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

XD Nah. Jk. Hermaphrodites are not that bad. It's transgender that I find infinitely squicky. I just force gender-binary because I hate dealing with cisgenders and people who claim to be genderless Tumblr people. YOU ARE WHAT YOUR GENITALS ARE. Just to make it easier on me as a GM/person. With a herm, I say it's whichever one functions or I'll treat you like a male because in general, I don't f*** anything with a dick. ( Except myself, but that's probably more than you needed to know... ) Also, to me female is defined as "NOT male" for the sake of simplicty. So that's all the compatibility issues we need to note. ( Also, which is your chara psychologically, I need to know for my schadenfreude techniques to be effective. )

I don't have a character rolled yet, but I know I definitely want to play of the psychological to derive my powers instead of just plain "magic".
Alright, so! New magic system, plot, things to that nature, yes?
Oh, and you already have the new character's sheet, I need to add abilities or skills though. I'll get around to it.

Anyways, so... Proposal!
Either a mana system, each spell having a different cost so weak spells won't burn through as much as powerful ones (and to eliminate, you know, the OP-ness that was a problem in the last one), or having limited uses of spells per day.

I say we do it like the original final fantasy with different spell levels and limited uses of those spells per day. (7 for the first level, 1 for the seven level, as an example. ) And this limit applies to all spells on that level. So say I use a level one fire spell and then a level one ice spell. Then I have 5 casts left. I will comment on each idea as I see them if I feel they need adjusting.
I have a system mostly fleshed out. The one you propose would not work in a highmagic setting, the system I am almost done with does.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2014, 10:28:24 pm »

I'm going to edit my character a bit.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2014, 10:31:52 pm »

High magic? Huhn.... I was gonna sorta stay away from spells... Prophet, you're sure you don't want firearms? I'm not talking like carrying around some super-duper automatic shotgun with a 32-round drum magazine (they exist), just, you know, a revolver or somethin'.

Ah, well. Looks like I'll be choosing some spells.
Anywho, looks like we'll be getting a sixth person!
Sixth person should pick a group?

It's nice to know Kevak is such a hard worker, though.

Edit: Keheheheh. I know what I'm picking up whenever we go shopping in Kevak's RtD~!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 10:39:17 pm by Lyeos »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2014, 10:34:22 pm »

-Bows and grovels at senpai- Thank you Thank you Thank you senpai! I'm sure. I just don't like firearms in fantasy settings.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 10:36:00 pm by Prophet »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2014, 10:40:49 pm »

Well magic powered firearms work, as does anything made by a tech race. (Gremlins will be a fun one for example, Ril has one in his "Village.")

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2014, 10:45:34 pm »

Can I use psychology instead of magic?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2014, 10:46:13 pm »

... We'll deal with this when we get there. I dunno. Again, if it's a definite "no", then a crossbow should be enough.

Kevak seems to be trying to help me out here, so, thanks.

I'm still going to gripe that someone like the gnomes or the "tech" races Kevak keeps mentioning - whatever the Hell he's talking about and making up - should have made some significant advancement after a few centuries. It also seems to me non-magic users would desire something to give them an edge or some sorta boost against them, so, naturally, I arrived at firearms. Now that he's talking about magic firearms, though... I must admit, I'm quite curious as to what "magic" based firearms would do.

Can I use psychology instead of magic?
Psssiiiiooooon?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 108