Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 108

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82316 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread
« on: June 02, 2014, 02:39:06 am »

((This is my first time GMing a game so be gentle.)) Original GoD IC Thread
GREETINGS COUNTRY MEN AND WOMEN FROM THE GREAT COUNTRY OF UPPER ROTESKA

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kevak's Magic System (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kevak's Combat System (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Final Bits Part One (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 10:59:43 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny Continuation or Sequel: Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 02:39:50 am »

Alive/Players:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 06:42:27 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 02:40:42 am »

Dead/Missing:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 06:42:51 pm by Prophet »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 02:41:14 am »

Relationships:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 07:09:24 pm by Prophet »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 02:49:03 am »

Alright, so! New magic system, plot, things to that nature, yes?
Oh, and you already have the new character's sheet, I need to add abilities or skills though. I'll get around to it.

Anyways, so... Proposal!
Either a mana system, each spell having a different cost so weak spells won't burn through as much as powerful ones (and to eliminate, you know, the OP-ness that was a problem in the last one), or having limited uses of spells per day.

Mana system provides another problem!
How are we going to determine mana? Are we going to add actual stats? Or just fluff it?
Or will it be a set amount for everyone and have spells built around that system?
Oh, and spells should take longer to learn. Just saying.

Ridiculous side-proposal! Have us post our character's name at the top of our posts for easy location, complete with silly titles gained through gameplay and one from the start! As a poor example:

Ammilek, the Living Doll:

"Words"
Action(s)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 02:56:33 am by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 02:59:42 am »

I would prefer a mana system if we do this so if the others want it +1 to the mana system but only if the others want it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:10:58 pm by Prophet »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 03:11:01 am »

I like the DnD style one.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 03:16:23 am »

I like the DnD style one.
Oh, yeah, shit. You're gonna be in this one too? It's not... Continuing where the other left off. Kinda a restart, possibly/probably in the future.

If so, add him to the list, 'cause, y'know, he participated in the old one.
Alright, either way we're gonna need to think of a list of spells, blah blah blah. Blahdy blah blah.

I have no preferences either way, but we're gonna need to decide how each is gonna work.

Also, stats or no stats?

Plot or no plot?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 03:20:51 am by Lyeos »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 03:22:03 am »

Stats It keeps things interesting.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 03:36:33 am »

Hmm. Distributing points like a lot of games or shall we roll? I'm... Voting on the first, honestly.

We could pull a Worldmaster and have health for each body part... Just so everybody could lose limbs!

Prophet, Kevak, thoughts?

You have more experience dealing with stats than I do, any suggestions? I suppose Kevak does too.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 03:45:06 am by Lyeos »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 03:45:26 am »

I don't know anything about DnD so I'm fine either way to tell you the truth I'm really confused? If we have a spell list will we still be able to make new spells based of old ones like how my frost bolt turn into ice impaler? I think Kev-senpai is offline. I'm going to be busy Monday and Tuesday so if a don't respond or if I'm not online the next few days that's why.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 03:59:21 am by Prophet »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 04:41:13 am »

I don't know anything about DnD so I'm fine either way to tell you the truth I'm really confused? If we have a spell list will we still be able to make new spells based of old ones like how my frost bolt turn into ice impaler?
Ultimately it's up to you as a GM, but... I'd say either limit it to learning in certain areas or not do that... Since it's basically just a higher-tier version of that spell, so either higher mana cost or fewer uses per day.

Did Zal give you anything to go on in terms of plot? I think he had one, but... We never got to it, you know? 'Cause plot was an issue.

Anyone know if Playergamer intends to join this one? Though we probably should get the new stat system sorted before new people anyways, so, yeah, things. Fuck, I'm tired.

Also, I'm sticking with my stupid suggestion of having the name/title at the top of the post. Maybe underlined or in italics? Even if it's just me doing it, I like stupid little things like that.

((Sheet moved to page three.))
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 08:41:31 pm by Lyeos »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 01:00:18 pm »

Nope we have no plot right now well I kinda have a start of one. (cough Copying Zal's plot start cough.)

I'm going to be gone for the rest of the day might be on tomorrow if not then I'll be on the day after that.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:38:38 pm by Prophet »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 02:02:45 pm »

Mmmmmpppghhh'Kay!

So, stats.
What? Dex, Str, End/Con, etc? Or something different? And should they just be a direct bonus (stats level directly = +stat bonus] to actions related to that or do we want to have math-thingummies for different actions? Limits to how high the stats can go? Maybe we can surprise Prophet by having this sorted out by the time he gets back. Though a certain trap-loving guy could provide some input...

And is our equipment going to give bonuses/penalties?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 02:29:05 pm »

I say we just do standard and most of this will depends on the dice we're using.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 108