Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 108

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82293 times)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny Continuation or Sequel: Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 02:37:48 pm »

I say we just do standard and most of this will depends on the dice we're using.
Define "standard" for the socially/intellectually/gaming-ly challenged ones looking at this. Including me.
Take a closer look at this text!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 02:39:51 pm »

You know, the standard stats.

Endurance
Strength
Dexterity
Intelligence
Will/Wisdom

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 02:42:55 pm »

Oh.
Mmmmphhh'kay! Simple enough.
Wanna make a horribly broken system? I do!
So, how do we make these unbalanced?
Take a closer look at this text!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 06:49:48 pm »

Well i'm not as busy as i thought i was going to be but i still have stuff to do tomorrow. Also please keep things like stats simple this is my first time every running a game so i'm not going to be very good at it. If you don't want it to be simple at least make it not broken please.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 08:13:32 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 09:12:03 pm »

Wait, is this a restart or a sequel?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 09:16:33 pm »

I'm pretty sure this is going to be a sequel but we are still in planning phase so if you guys want to make this a restart i'm fine either way. Will you be playing again?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:23:23 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2014, 09:25:51 pm »

Yes, but I just wanted to be sure.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2014, 09:26:38 pm »

Ok i'll add you to the waitlist then. Do you like my idea to keep track of the shipings or is it ships i can't decide?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:32:14 pm by Prophet »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2014, 10:21:44 pm »

So does anybody else have any proposals?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2014, 12:14:24 am »

Just found the thread.

Anyways, I suggest a sequel, maybe a few hundred years in the future, Ril would still be around and the descendants of the characters likely will also be around.

I would suggest a mana system (I can give you several.)

I would suggest a stat and skill system (I can also give several of these.)

I also suggest limb health (I'm using a very detailed one of these for Miasmatic. Individual parts of the body can get injured in various ways, same with parts of bones. The femur is divided into 5 sections actually in it.)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2014, 12:25:06 am »

Well i think that almost everyone if not everyone wants the mana system and i know kj seems to want a stat system and Lyeos seems to support it so i guess those are two things that we need to have in the game i don't know about limb health i don't know how that works i can get a rough idea of how mana and stat systems would work from years of playing video games unless they are very different from how video games use mana and stats. When i say i don't know how limb health works i mean i don't know how we would keep track of it for so many character's. I guess it could work if i kept track of enemy health and everyone else kept track of their own health? Unless their was a lot of enemies then i might not be able to keep track of all the enemies health or it would take a really long time to manage it all. I think we have decided on it being a sequel so far from what i seen everyone is voting sequel so if you don't want it to be a sequel then i suggest changing or submiting your vote now........ ok its decided(  :P ).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 12:38:46 am by Prophet »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny 2: Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2014, 08:17:06 am »

For the limb health thing try something like Arrowflights system. Each limb, the torso, and the head, have health. You take a malus to targeting things other than the torso unless you have a perk to remove or lessen it.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2014, 12:02:28 pm »

Since I've been useless this entire time I'll suggest that we tone down magic's power by making it were the more kinds of magic a mage knows the harder it is to learn a new type of magic and I also suggest that we make it were mages can't just learn opposing types of magic like if I used ice magic then fire magic would be really really difficult to learn and it would take much longer to learn. So basically I'm supporting Lyeos's idea and then adding in my idea to the end.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2014, 12:04:32 pm »

I could just give you a magic system, seeing as how I have several.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2014, 12:13:06 pm »

That would probably be easier then trying to make our own I would like that a lot it would help us get the game started up faster so please and thank you Kev-senpai.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 108