Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I up the damage on weapons to speed up combat?

No, it's a good pace already.
- 3 (20%)
No, I don't want to die faster.
- 3 (20%)
Sure, Ethereal needs to die!
- 5 (33.3%)
Yeah, It's a bit slow.
- 1 (6.7%)
No, you should make the effects have steeper penalties to quicken it; not artificially enhancing the damage.
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: The Bastion from the Plague [Flee!, Waitlist available]  (Read 24534 times)

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bastion from the Plague [Beginning, Waitlist available]
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2014, 11:50:18 pm »

(( Damnit, Ethereal!
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2014, 02:33:36 pm »

((Update will be tonight. Ethereal will be doing
Attempt to open window and climb to street level. Otherwise lie down on the floor and have a rest.
unless he posts soonish. We may get our first example of combat!))

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2014, 03:07:49 pm »

Go to the kitchen.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2014, 03:15:41 pm »

Warren feels the first pangs of hunger, and searches the house for food.
[12] Warren found a loaf of bread, and some cheese. He had a cheese sandwich.
Niru puts his laptop in his bag, safely securing it, goes around and secures/boards up the windows and doors if they have not been secured, he grabs anything that may be of use later and puts it in his bag. ((Niru always carries his bag if able.)) If he still has time, then he heads down to the kitchen and grabs some food.
Some of the windows had already been boarded up. He then [6] found a sealed bag of chips. Instead of eating the chips right away, he went down into the kitchen [7] and grabbed one of the remaining apples. He also cut off a slice of leftover ham.
Grab a snack, look for tools and such to see about making the house defensible.
He is partially in shock - if anyone tries to speak to him, he kind of mutters and ignores them.
Dan [8] also grabbed a remaining apple and ate it. He looks for some tools [11] and finds a hammer along with some nails. Unfortunately, no boards were with it. As he looked around, he noticed that most of the windows were boarded up and all but the main door were bolted and boarded as well.
Go upstairs and find the best defensible room and take it.
[14] Having gone up the stairs, Alexandra finds a good room at the end of the hall. It has a good amount of furniture in it to barricade the door with. There's a few hedges and bushes down below the window to break a fall, but it isn't much.
Go to the kitchen.
Despite having had an overwhelming urge to open the window and jump out into the street below, Ethereal resisted. He instead walked down to the kitchen.

Spoiler: Ethereal, Ethereal (click to show/hide)

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2014, 03:46:27 pm »

Gather a nice supply of food/water and bring it back to my room, then lock my door and open the windows, aiming to find a nice spot where there are a nice amount of herbs.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 05:58:50 pm by Ethereal »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2014, 04:17:51 pm »

Save enough food for a few days if I find it, and then go up to a room with a window and a cupboard. Push cupboard against door. However, first check with everyone to see if everyone is going to bed.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2014, 05:40:59 pm »

((I am sooo tempted right now to have Niru start flirting with Ethereal, however I don't want to do that till it is safer.))

Locate clean water, locate empty bottle, fill bottle with water, locate iodine, purify the "clean" water, put in bag, locate cup, fill with water, purify, drink, locate bottled water, put in bag, locate nonperishable food, put in bag, eat ham and apple, put chips in bag, locate perishable food, eat perishable food, board up the rest of the windows on the ground floor, return to room, set up solar panel charger with laptop in room, block door, make sure window is locked and shades are drawn.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2014, 05:52:08 pm »

((I am sooo tempted right now to have Niru start flirting with Ethereal, however I don't want to do that till it is safer.))

Locate clean water, locate empty bottle, fill bottle with water, locate iodine, purify the "clean" water, put in bag, locate cup, fill with water, purify, drink, locate bottled water, put in bag, locate nonperishable food, put in bag, eat ham and apple, put chips in bag, locate perishable food, eat perishable food, board up the rest of the windows on the ground floor, return to room, set up solar panel charger with laptop in room, block door, make sure window is locked and shades are drawn.

<3.

Question, how many actions can we put in one action? I'm used to doing one per, but looking at Niru's action, I feel like we can do more.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2014, 05:53:33 pm »

((I have no idea how many we can do, I'm attempting to establish an upper limit as to what WM will allow by doing increasingly large action lists.))

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2014, 06:08:00 pm »

((I believe I have established that in the OP. One major action, up to two minor actions. Your current one will be condensed into "locate water and set up stuff in my room". tbh I forgot I had put a limit until just now. Thanks for the reminder! RP-y actions (i.e. shutting down laptop and securing it) don't count, and if something isn't possible (i.e the windows were already boarded) then I will move down the list to the next action, if one is posted. At least, that's what I tell myself I'll do.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2014, 06:13:28 pm »

((I believe I have established that in the OP. One major action, up to two minor actions. Your current one will be condensed into "locate water and set up stuff in my room". tbh I forgot I had put a limit until just now. Thanks for the reminder! RP-y actions (i.e. shutting down laptop and securing it) don't count, and if something isn't possible (i.e the windows were already boarded) then I will move down the list to the next action, if one is posted. At least, that's what I tell myself I'll do.))
((I'll condense my actions then to what I want done.))

Locate iodine, store in Bag.
Locate bottled water, store in Bag.
If time then Locate Nonperishable Food, store in Bag.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2014, 07:28:21 pm »

Find a bag, put red bulls, apple, etc. in bag. Put anything else I can scavenge quickly from the kitchen in bag; especially clean water and nonperishable food.

-I keep my sword near me at all times, however. Does not go in bag!-
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 07:30:40 pm by DontBanTheMan »

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2014, 12:40:28 pm »

Gather a nice supply of food/water and bring it back to my room, then lock my door and open the windows, aiming to find a nice spot where there are a nice amount of herbs.
[15] Ethereal found a loaf of bread and a canteen full of water. He brought it back to his room, then tried to open his window. [14] He got it open, but unfortunately it was too dark to accurately see any herbs on the streets.
Save enough food for a few days if I find it, and then go up to a room with a window and a cupboard. Push cupboard against door. However, first check with everyone to see if everyone is going to bed.
[17] Warren found two cans of beans, but talked to everyone he could find before taking them. It seems most are undecided about going to bed yet. He then took the cans and tried to find a room. [7] He couldn't find an unoccupied bedroom, but he found a secluded couch in the rear of the building.
Prop a chair up against the door handle and look out the window for any infected or such.
Alexandra barricaded the door with a chair, and checked the area below once more. [1] It seemed there was merely a single infected down there.
Locate iodine, store in Bag.
Locate bottled water, store in Bag.
If time then Locate Nonperishable Food, store in Bag.

Niru checked a medicine cabinet, [11] and found a bottle of iodine tablets. Peering inside, Nire found that some were missing, and not all were there. About [8] 8 tablets were in the bottle. He takes it, and goes back to the kitchen. [12] He finds a couple of water bottles in a cooler, and puts them in his bag.
Find a bag, put red bulls, apple, etc. in bag. Put anything else I can scavenge quickly from the kitchen in bag; especially clean water and nonperishable food.
-I keep my sword near me at all times, however. Does not go in bag!-

[1] He didn't find any bags. He still tried to scavenge from the kitchen though. He [6] found a can of corn, and moved to take it. However, he was interrupted by Jeff coming to the kitchen.
How are you all? Feeling- Hey! I thought I told you all not to take any of my canned stuff!?

Spoiler: Ethereal, Ethereal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Niru Novarin, Kevak (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2014, 12:45:49 pm »

((As part of the internet, I would have expected Niru to have a good deal of knowledge about the plague.))

Niru: locate some sort of weapon, preferably ranged.

Niru: locate some sort of melee weapon.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2014, 06:13:27 pm »

Apologize hastily before putting it back.

Find somewhere in the house that I can hole up for the night (with others if necessary, but preferably by myself).
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13