Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 57

Author Topic: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode  (Read 110074 times)

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Warlocks☼ - Everything Warlock Mode
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2014, 04:21:11 pm »

the workaround fix is to set another corpse/refuse pile that accepts corpses and bodyparts (can skip bones n stuff) that Takes from the butchery, they will butcher it. then a hauler will come and snatch it, and keep it from being chain butchered

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2014, 04:22:19 pm »

I just forbid the partial skeletons. Or reanimate them.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2014, 05:13:40 pm »

the workaround fix is to set another corpse/refuse pile that accepts corpses and bodyparts (can skip bones n stuff) that Takes from the butchery, they will butcher it. then a hauler will come and snatch it, and keep it from being chain butchered

To add to this, make a quantum stockpile hooked to that stockpile with a minecart.

It's a really annoying bug, but setting this up you can more or less ignore it.

Edit: You should also make a third stockpile that holds "refuse->corpses" that gives to the butchery. That keeps them from snagging the bugged corpse out of the quantum stockpile.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 05:16:13 pm by omniclasm »

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2014, 09:06:05 pm »

I just buthered an elf prisoner and he did not give any meat or bones? Is this supposed to happen? I'm thinking it isn't but checking.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

Endovior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2014, 10:21:51 pm »

I just buthered an elf prisoner and he did not give any meat or bones? Is this supposed to happen? I'm thinking it isn't but checking.

Yes, that's a bug; it was reported earlier.  I had it as well.

Omnicast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 08, 2014, 10:32:02 pm »

HOW COULD YOU! Why would you even think about butchering elves! You should put them into stocks and laugh at them.  :D

Btw gonna try that partial skeleton fix... ingenius! Moving partial skeletons into another stockpile... then chucking them over the side of the wall... with a black monolith waiting for em... might slow down my game though.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 10:34:22 pm by Omnicast »

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2014, 10:39:00 pm »

Yes, that's a bug; it was reported earlier.  I had it as well.

Thanks.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2014, 02:12:38 am »

Are ghouls supposed to be really fast?

Looks like they have really low agility (around 1000), and their speed modifier is 101% instead of the normal 100%. Doesn't seem like that 1 percent will make that much of a difference?

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 09, 2014, 02:44:26 am »

EDIT: Is anyone else having this issue where your ghouls take a partial skeleton to the butcher to butcher it, but never actually do so, causing it to constantly create a job and never get done? It seems to only occur with sentient corpses.

I'm having the same issue as well. Playing 5.05.

I was wondering why the The two offending species for me at the moment seems to be stranglers and frogmen, and again it is the partial skeleton thing.

One way I've found how to deal with this is to just forbid all the partial skeletons there are in the stock menu and with the aid of the search function. Not too sure hoe partial skeletons are categorized, and I couldn't find a way to automatically stock pile them from the butcheries.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2014, 02:55:28 am »

EDIT: Is anyone else having this issue where your ghouls take a partial skeleton to the butcher to butcher it, but never actually do so, causing it to constantly create a job and never get done? It seems to only occur with sentient corpses.

I was wondering why the The two offending species for me at the moment seems to be stranglers and frogmen, and again it is the partial skeleton thing.

One way I've found how to deal with this is to just forbid all the partial skeletons there are in the stock menu and with the aid of the search function. Not too sure hoe partial skeletons are categorized, and I couldn't find a way to automatically stock pile them from the butcheries.

It's any "sentient" corpse.

The way I do it is have a corpse stockpile feeding butcheries, then a "all refuse" stockpile that ONLY takes from the butcheries, than another all refuse stockpile that is 1x1 and fed by a minecart that takes from the other one.

Haulers will grab the partial skeletons, put them in the stockpile, then quantum pile them up. in the last one. Butcheries won't take from it since they will only take from your original corpse stockpile.

It's a pain in the ass, and quantum stockpiles are kind of exploity...but if you have to exploit to deal with a bug, is it really an exploit?

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 09, 2014, 04:37:44 am »

Is there a way to make a stockpile for blood?

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 09, 2014, 11:57:48 pm »

Is there a way to make a stockpile for blood?

I think the switch filter for blood is in the food stockpile option in the animal (extracts) on the second page as you scroll down.

The way I do it is have a corpse stockpile feeding butcheries, then a "all refuse" stockpile that ONLY takes from the butcheries, than another all refuse stockpile that is 1x1 and fed by a minecart that takes from the other one.

Haulers will grab the partial skeletons, put them in the stockpile, then quantum pile them up. in the last one. Butcheries won't take from it since they will only take from your original corpse stockpile.

It's a pain in the ass, and quantum stockpiles are kind of exploity...but if you have to exploit to deal with a bug, is it really an exploit?

Thanks, I thought those posts had nothing to do with this problem :P.

Also, it seems like the manual for candle making mistakenly claims that the alchemist can make candles, yet it is the craftsworkshop that does so instead.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2014, 10:47:11 am »

To be more specific, it's any sentient historical figure corpse. I farm walkers all the time and never have a problem with partial skeletons until they escape and kill something.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 11, 2014, 04:33:16 am »

Beware teaching your warlocks the Gust spell. Whenever it is used, the warlock will be blinded. If it is the first thing to be used, it will put the warlock out of commission as he or she runs to the nearest hospital.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 11, 2014, 04:15:10 pm »

5.05, in my survival 1 warlock fort, i was blessed with just one (even the migrant waves) female warlock, but still settled the caverns level, now roughly.. 6 years later trying hard not to suffer FPS death......

turning her into the overlord made her grow a penis, and is refered to as. he, and she...

shi also cannot, for some reason. raise skeletons like a warlock should. just wastes the soul. which shi could before... i mean you don't settle the caverns with naked pick wielding skeletons not have any heads roll...

witnessed a (wolfram longsword) behead a dreadnaught skeleton in full bloodsteel (dreadnaught mail)

also witnessed skeletons going opposed to life in close proximity to a pylon (created not embarked with) (yes it was blinking P) i have the fortress sprinkled with them with full open los between them and one in hir room that can see out to link with the others.. so they're all powered yet the ones at the gate barracks sometimes just say. f-this. drop their gear and wander ... down to 2 left to pick for a crypt guard for my archers...

also.. need a use for tallow... and farmed trees... and poisons on weapons besides ammo...

for fun you can melt down summoned item for bars, but that stuff wears out too. but he bars don't... hehe worthless fading steel for everyone!

it only happened once. i think i blame it on the "blistering sands" but all the freshly made tough leather shirts and pants (nothing else enmasse) wore off my entire population within minutes. also had some armor get wear and tear X*bloodsteel mask*X ect. probably from the sands somehow..

can the tailor get an option to make full sets of clothing from tough leather? since my skeletons demand clothing.. and pigtails don't grow in my world.. and good luck geting ropereeds in the desert.. 

my fortress uniform is toughleather everything, with bloodsteel anything for everyone, so much ironbone. so much bloodsteel. so many souls... for grins i started training all my skeles in engraving and smelting.. (also its called smelting on the inscriptor and furnace operating in the smelter)

attempting to make a philosphers stone from scratch is a rediclious pain. can it cost like 50 souls or something? (hopeing i get sieged with people wearing the metal i need for my skeletons to go harvest)

that's it for this realm, its basically a win. 20 worker skeletons 8 combat skeletons 2 ghouls(to lead the melee squad) and the lone hermaphradite overlord 1.8 million created wealth, 10000 food / drink , 1000's of bloodsteel bars... can make a skele. promote it to dreadnought outfit it with the best gear, basically if i wanted make 100 of them (omg micromanagement, what i wouldnt give for a make bloodsteel skeleton button =)

now.. as meph said.. its worldgen time!.. on to 5.06!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 04:17:28 pm by Fairin »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 57