Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 203377 times)

mageprince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #810 on: August 18, 2014, 06:04:12 pm »

-Post moved to relevant subforum by post author-
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 06:10:25 pm by mageprince »

Prats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 19, 2014, 04:48:42 am »

Magic: There is an advanced, very complicated magic system in place. I wont touch the subject here, see the building section for the Wizards School and the Altars of Magic.
Building Section
You can create arcane dwarves here and all magical reagents. For all info on the magic system, please go to the "Magic" section of the manual

Where is the Magic section? I remember in older versions were picture guides of Magic system (What auras,spells do mages have) So where I can find more info?   ???

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #812 on: August 19, 2014, 01:08:09 pm »

Magic: There is an advanced, very complicated magic system in place. I wont touch the subject here, see the building section for the Wizards School and the Altars of Magic.
Building Section
You can create arcane dwarves here and all magical reagents. For all info on the magic system, please go to the "Magic" section of the manual

Where is the Magic section? I remember in older versions were picture guides of Magic system (What auras,spells do mages have) So where I can find more info?   ???
my mistake... i forgot to port it. I will add it back with the next update, but if you download an older version you can still use the magic page from it... it hasnt changed.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kalinth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 21, 2014, 11:13:38 am »

First post here, really enjoying this mod so far but I've hit a small snag and i'm not sure if it is a bug or if perhaps I've done something wrong. Seeing as the snag I've hit relates specifically to !!FUN!! stuff, it shall all be under a spoiler tag! This is all version 6.0, have not updated to 6.1 since it only added hermit mode and I wasn't particularly worried at not being able to try that out yet and I didn't see any bug fixes in it's patch notes!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've really enjoyed the spin this whole mod puts on DF and am hoping that the reasons these items have not worked is because I derped somewhere, either in my world creation (not a preset world, was freshly generated on 6.0) or because I have turned something off on accident (Fear the night is on, Diseases are off) Everything else aside from starting dwarves and points is default as near as I can tell.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #814 on: August 22, 2014, 08:08:20 am »

Did you have corpses around when the marker was found? It only reanimates stuff directly after being found.

The ward: There is a script issue about created creatures not using their interactions. I can fix it... wards bought at embark or from caravans should still work fine. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kalinth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 22, 2014, 09:13:35 am »

Did you have corpses around when the marker was found? It only reanimates stuff directly after being found.

The ward: There is a script issue about created creatures not using their interactions. I can fix it... wards bought at embark or from caravans should still work fine. :)

Based on what I can remember of my fort and the state it was in at the time I don't believe there were any dwarf corpses around and odds are there weren't any non dwarf ones laying about. Don't recall having had a siege before I found it and I hadn't started culling my goat herd yet. If that is the case I apparently avoided a good time by sheer luck lol.

As for ward, The initial ward I had did come from a caravan/embark. It still acted like a dud. I am in the process of starting up a new fort now though and will grab some wards at embark and test the stuff again (this time on 6.1!)

Kartag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 24, 2014, 05:38:48 am »

Looks like it is possible for runes on weapons to be washed away. Today, when I finally managed to clad my prized squad in volcanic armor and arm them with volcanic swords engraved with 14 different runes, I sent them out to fend off some wolves. On the first hit one wolf transformed into a "cloud of blood and gore", which showed up in units screen as "berserk". My dwarves kept hitting and slashing it, until it finally disappeared and left no corpse or any items whatsoever. I checked the weapons to see which rune caused such a transformation. Five out of ten swords were completely rune-less, the only thing covering them was vomit - not even blood. On three more swords 6-10 runes disappeared, but some were left. Is this intended? I don't like the thought that I have to re-engrave all weapons after every single kill.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 05:44:26 am by Kartag »

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 25, 2014, 12:50:01 am »

It appears all things craftsdwarf related reactions mix scepter and scabbard....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seems that when nobles ask for scabbards, they mean scepters. This leads to much head scratching if one does not use the manager or perhaps some workflow wizardry. Seems to me scabbards should be made from materials other than rock in the first place since historically wood, leather, cloth and metal was used.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 10:54:32 pm by BoffoDorf »

Gatallorsith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 25, 2014, 07:42:09 pm »

Ok I've just started my first playthrough after planning my embark very carefully.

I took strawberry, prokble berry and fisher berry seeds to plant aboveground at the start. I prepare the farmplot where I see some grass and not on the snow just to be sure and what happens? The 3 seeds doesn't show up on the ui, I only see "kobold bulb" that I even don't have.  :(
Any idea on what could be wrong? In the manual it says "all terrains".

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 25, 2014, 07:45:48 pm »

Use DFhack to snuffle up a full grown plant of each of the seeds types. That has been known to help with problems like this. Just type "hackwish" and look for strawberry, fisher berry and prickle berry. Be careful not to snuffle straw/fisher/prickleberry JUICE instead, as that is a plant which shouldn't exist in its normal form.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Gatallorsith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 25, 2014, 07:53:34 pm »

Use DFhack to snuffle up a full grown plant of each of the seeds types. That has been known to help with problems like this. Just type "hackwish" and look for strawberry, fisher berry and prickle berry. Be careful not to snuffle straw/fisher/prickleberry JUICE instead, as that is a plant which shouldn't exist in its normal form.
Thanks, I'll try.
It's so demoralizing to find a bug after..like 5 seconds of play :P

Gatallorsith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 25, 2014, 08:16:43 pm »

Done that with all 3 plants, over the farmplot. Even tried to create another farmplot. Nothing changed.

I really don't know what to think. I'm not even in a wetland, and the only thing it shows is the kobold bulb.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 08:19:19 pm by Gatallorsith »

Gatallorsith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 25, 2014, 08:29:03 pm »

Sorry for the 3 posts.
I tried on a different biome I had in the map and it worked. The biome I was in before was a mountain area. So it's not a bug, even if the kobold thing shouldn't show up so at least I've found something to fix  :P

From the wiki:
Farming of above ground crops is only possible on tiles that lie in a biome supporting their growth. Those are "land" biomes excluding the notoriously cold Glacier and Tundra, but also all Mountain biomes.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 26, 2014, 01:58:47 am »

In the future, I'd suggest an initial gather job, anything your herbalists find is guaranteed to be farmable in that biome if the plants/seeds you've brought are incompatible.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 02:01:12 am by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Prats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 27, 2014, 05:54:18 am »

If I turn off "Researcher's Study", can I build researchable buildings at the beginning or all of them will be unavailable?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 92