Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 203006 times)

Snaaty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #435 on: July 02, 2014, 02:10:43 pm »

Hm, okay thanks for the help anyway.

@Meph: So, the "not seeing the guild thing§ is intended. For me this makes it not that easy to keep track of everything, mostly in two situartions:

1. One starting-seven dwarf is already guild member, but for a skill, that's not initially useful. So I instead make him a miner, and forget about his guild membership. Later on, however, his guild-labour is useful, but I don't remember that my now epic miner is also potentially a awesome Glassmaker or someting.

2. Huge migrant waves make it difficult to keep track of everything even in Vanilla. You get the pont.

So, to be a bit more constructive, how about this: If a dwarfs highest skill is something his Guild doesn't support give him just an asterisk behind his name in the unit screen. That way I can see all my guild-dwarves on first glance, yet the screen doesn't get too full and distractive.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #436 on: July 02, 2014, 02:22:17 pm »

It highlights the skills they are good in, which is a much more useful information than just "they are in a guild".

Solution to your issue: Therapist. It sorts by guilds. Much, much easier than anything you could potentially do ingame.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 02, 2014, 02:45:37 pm »

Are werebeasts as puny in humanoid form as in vanilla? I cage-trapped an Orc Orc werebeast, a gem longsword didn't manage to tear his skin, but when I had him thrown before my sorry excuse of a military, his throat was torn apart by a war mastiff (not even a metal-clad or otherwise strenghtened one) and he was beheaded by a stab of a recruit's ironbone longsword. I guess it would have went very differently if he was in a transformed state... I had Deon's Genesis mod's werebeasts in mind, who had insane (as in, Chuck Norris) stat boosts in base form and could transform at will/when injured.

Also, centaurs give megabeast corpses? Neat. Are they usable?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Jawesome16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 02, 2014, 09:07:45 pm »

I'm not sure if this belongs in the Dwarves section, but I recently bought a few golems from a caravan, then i researched the 'Golemforge' and built one above a lava channel to make it work. I then started attempting to 'activate' the golems. It says they're being activated, but they never change. They just remain 'inactive swordgolem/hammergolem/speargolem'. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Edit: Golems still don't work, but now I have a much more severe problem. My soldiers that I used to fight off a Beak Wolf siege and murder some werewolf hunters just recently started murdering every civilian within sight. The main problem is they have admantium weapons and armor so basically nothing can come close to hurting them. I haven't attacked any of my own civilians, and noone is unhappy/tantruming. Is there something that just makes the military go berserk?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 10:45:51 pm by Jawesome16 »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 02, 2014, 10:58:48 pm »

I'm not sure if this belongs in the Dwarves section, but I recently bought a few golems from a caravan, then i researched the 'Golemforge' and built one above a lava channel to make it work. I then started attempting to 'activate' the golems. It says they're being activated, but they never change. They just remain 'inactive swordgolem/hammergolem/speargolem'. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Edit: Golems still don't work, but now I have a much more severe problem. My soldiers that I used to fight off a Beak Wolf siege and murder some werewolf hunters just recently started murdering every civilian within sight. The main problem is they have admantium weapons and armor so basically nothing can come close to hurting them. I haven't attacked any of my own civilians, and noone is unhappy/tantruming. Is there something that just makes the military go berserk?

Loyalty cascade. They must have killed a civ member. Or maybe werewolves or something else gave them [CRAZED]. In any case, they SHOULD still respond to orders. Lock them in a room and drown them. Or starve them. If they don't respond to orders, still try to do the "lock them in a room" thing by luring them into one.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Jawesome16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 02, 2014, 11:21:29 pm »

Loyalty cascade. They must have killed a civ member. Or maybe werewolves or something else gave them [CRAZED]. In any case, they SHOULD still respond to orders. Lock them in a room and drown them. Or starve them. If they don't respond to orders, still try to do the "lock them in a room" thing by luring them into one.

I convicted 6 soldiers of murder and they were hammered to death. No one attacked anyone else afterwards. I think one of my dwarves was discovered to be a warlock spy then was basically torn limb from limb by my military, but that happened awhile ago. Maybe that caused it, or maybe the werewolves did. The admantium weapons did no/little damage to the werewolves, but my war drakes managed to kill them. The weapons kept bouncing off or something like that. That was definitely interesting to deal with ._.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:55:33 am by Jawesome16 »

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 03, 2014, 11:33:17 am »

What kind of adamantium weapons? Gotta be sharp stuff, like swords. Blunt weapons made of adamantium are useless for combat (which is why folks like to use them for hammerdwarfs - so punishments are not lethal)
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 03, 2014, 11:34:25 am »

I convicted 6 soldiers of murder and they were hammered to death. No one attacked anyone else afterwards. I think one of my dwarves was discovered to be a warlock spy then was basically torn limb from limb by my military, but that happened awhile ago. Maybe that caused it, or maybe the werewolves did. The admantium weapons did no/little damage to the werewolves, but my war drakes managed to kill them. The weapons kept bouncing off or something like that. That was definitely interesting to deal with ._.

W8, was the dwarven justice system just USEFUL? 0_0
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Jawesome16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 03, 2014, 11:41:14 am »

What kind of adamantium weapons? Gotta be sharp stuff, like swords. Blunt weapons made of adamantium are useless for combat (which is why folks like to use them for hammerdwarfs - so punishments are not lethal)

They were using spears, long swords and short swords but the attacks kept glancing off.

Kiefatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 03, 2014, 11:57:31 am »

Werewolves need silver weapons it seems. Like the lore, they can be hurt by silver. I'd of thought anything would hurt them, but silver would be much more effective.

Jawesome16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 03, 2014, 01:28:46 pm »

I guess I'll have to make a squad dedicated to killing them and equip them with silver weapons then because more and more werewolf thieves are showing up.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #446 on: July 03, 2014, 01:55:20 pm »

Either silver, or traps. or wall ins. or bridges. or moats. or fire. or ice. or moonsilver. or poison.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 03, 2014, 02:25:53 pm »

Is an artifact cloth runerobe of any utility, besides making someone look pimp?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #448 on: July 03, 2014, 02:32:37 pm »

Yes, it adds a 50% damage reduction to the wearer.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 03, 2014, 07:04:19 pm »

Yes, it adds a 50% damage reduction to the wearer.
Pimp's Runerobe:
Effects
50% damage reduction
100% SWAG increase
Abilities
Pimp all the undead hos!
Make it rain (bones)!

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 92