Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 202934 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #405 on: June 30, 2014, 08:47:27 pm »

Hey guys, minor issue. I'm having a problem where my dwarves won't dump things that die on my sawblade traps. Or rather, to be more specific, they will not gather the corpses. This leads to clogged traps. They are not forbidden. They will neither dump them when marked, nor move them to the corpse/refuse stockpile. I had to move them by dfhacking a torrent of water into them, at which point they were dumped. Anything I can do to avoid this?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 30, 2014, 10:23:37 pm »

Are the traps in an area considered "outside?" If so you may have the policy set to prohibit gathering of refuse outside.
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 01, 2014, 12:11:51 am »

Oh. Well I'll try that next time. But would that prevent them from collecting things that have been [d][d] designated as for dumping? I thought that overrode it.

::EDIT::
One more thing. Is there a best way to find Blood of Armok? I've got about a dozen bones and half as many tears. No blood yet, seems odd. I can understand why it's rare, but I was hoping to have found some by now.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 12:24:26 am by Dunamisdeos »
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Rimbinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 01, 2014, 01:32:14 am »

One more thing. Is there a best way to find Blood of Armok? I've got about a dozen bones and half as many tears. No blood yet, seems odd. I can understand why it's rare, but I was hoping to have found some by now.

I think it depends on your embarking location. For me it tends to be on the surface layers of dirt, clay and peat (mostly three first layers). To see you can use dfhack: reveal (to uncover the map) unreveal (to undo), prospect (to see if you have any at all)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 01, 2014, 03:13:25 am »

I think it depends on your embarking location. For me it tends to be on the surface layers of dirt, clay and peat (mostly three first layers). To see you can use dfhack: reveal (to uncover the map) unreveal (to undo), prospect (to see if you have any at all)

Oh no I don't have any at all :(

Can you trade for them in caravans? It makes me sad that I won't get to try out spawning magma and such in my fort.

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 01, 2014, 04:45:43 am »

You can buy Blood of Armok from Teduk's Fine Goods, for a mere 25,000 shiny gold circles.
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 01, 2014, 08:00:33 am »

You can buy Blood of Armok from Teduk's Fine Goods, for a mere 25,000 shiny gold circles.

Which is in fact pretty easy to get if you just brute force the basic prayer reaction for soft metal with a good number of dwarves.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 01, 2014, 12:55:17 pm »

This may apply to more than just dwarves, but several reactions refer to "kuckle" dusters rather than knuckle dusters.

However, this is purely cosmetic as it is only the item names that are referred to as such, the actual tags all refer to knuckle dusters. Nothing is broken.

In my browsing, reactions to make gem/glass (all three)/rock, copper/bronze (cold forging), and volcanic (magma forge) refer to kuckle.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #413 on: July 01, 2014, 01:36:17 pm »

This may apply to more than just dwarves, but several reactions refer to "kuckle" dusters rather than knuckle dusters.

However, this is purely cosmetic as it is only the item names that are referred to as such, the actual tags all refer to knuckle dusters. Nothing is broken.

In my browsing, reactions to make gem/glass (all three)/rock, copper/bronze (cold forging), and volcanic (magma forge) refer to kuckle.
thanks, I fixed it. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 01, 2014, 02:04:32 pm »

Now question, is there a renewable means of acquiring rock crystal for crystal glass (other than trading/market), or alternative methods of making crystal glass?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 01, 2014, 03:21:42 pm »

Minor issue. I've been shearing leatherwing bats but not getting any product out of it. Has anyone else had this problem, or am I just not waiting long enough before shearing?

Nevermind, the guy doing the shearing also happened to be the tanner, and processed them without me noticing.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:24:52 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 01, 2014, 03:23:53 pm »

To see you can use dfhack: reveal (to uncover the map) unreveal (to undo), prospect (to see if you have any at all)

Note, "prospect" only counts what you've already revealed.  "prospect all" includes gems & ores that are still unrevealed.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 01, 2014, 04:56:34 pm »

While we're at it, I'm not looking at it now, but between Rune Weaponries/Armories one of them is misspelled ruen.  :)

To see you can use dfhack: reveal (to uncover the map) unreveal (to undo), prospect (to see if you have any at all)

Note, "prospect" only counts what you've already revealed.  "prospect all" includes gems & ores that are still unrevealed.

Yup, I did prospect all. I do have multiple biomes on the map, will it only prospect the biome in which the cursor lies? Frankly though, If I can just buy them from the shop there then I'm happy. Got more gold on this map than I know what to do with.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 05:34:17 pm by Dunamisdeos »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 01, 2014, 08:15:39 pm »

Can plump helmet men haul?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 01, 2014, 08:17:38 pm »

Can plump helmet men haul?

Probably not. They aren't proper citizens, so they shouldn't be able to do most jobs.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 92