Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 202990 times)

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #450 on: July 03, 2014, 08:38:06 pm »

Is an artifact cloth runerobe of any utility, besides making someone look pimp?
Yes, it adds a 50% damage reduction to the wearer.
Pimp's Runerobe:
Effects
50% damage reduction
100% SWAG increase
Abilities
Pimp all the undead hos!
Make it rain (bones)!

My plump helmet wine does bring all the dwarves to the yard...

Snaaty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 04, 2014, 02:48:29 pm »

Some things I just noticed:

1. Using the tavern is highly annoying. The constant battle report are really confusing and led to the death of one of my legendary miners, as after some time I started to ignore the tavern-spam. I suppose this can't be fixed. Is it possible that the tavern instead send sparring reports or something? I guess this is a common issue, if not I can explain in depth what I did ad what happened.
Also, the reactions themselves seem to be somehow buggy. There area always several dwarves transformed to a "tame pet", even if I just run the reaction once. Also, the dwarf-transformation seems to continue even after I have ended the last reaction.

2. What is it with werewolves in MDF? I did several embarks on every single one of them there was a werewolf, on some in the cavern, but still. Can I reduce this with the advanced reduce werwolf-curses setting?

3. The population cap of the GUI doesn't seem to be working. (Technically GUI thread, I know) I'm using Linux, so maybe that is connected. I set it to 40 dwarves and just got another migrant wave so now I have 48 dwarves. (It was not one of the first two waves.)

4. I researched the coin mint. I got the announcement, I even tried building it, but noticed that it needed more space or something.
Later, I dug out the space, want to build the coin mint, but now it tells me, that I also need the corresponding science discovery.
My theory is, that it somehow got lost at caravan trade. In between the rsearch and the attempted building, I transported all finished goods to the caravan. however, I am very sure, that I didn't trade the science discovery. It was an elven caravan, so I only could use some and manually selected some stone crafts, no whole bins. What else could explain this?

5. I think the manual says that the crematory needs "Furnace Operating" for working. To actually run the reactions I had to enable "wood burner" (or "oven operator", as its called here). The crematory got constructed with no oven operator enabled, so maybe it uses furnace operator for cunstruction?
EDIT2: Yup, just checked, building needs [SMELT] and burning vermin needs [WOOD_BURNING]. Is that intended?

EDIT: 6. Another thing, might be a vanilla bug. I traded with the caravan, removed my trader, and I think I got a message, that the traders will be leaving now. At some point I noticed, I had many more objects available. However, many of them had xxClothxx and the description says it is mangled. Did I accidentally deconstruct the depot?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 03:03:48 pm by Snaaty »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 04, 2014, 03:00:16 pm »

3. The population cap of the GUI doesn't seem to be working. (Technically GUI thread, I know) I'm using Linux, so maybe that is connected. I set it to 40 dwarves and just got another migrant wave so now I have 48 dwarves. (It was not one of the first two waves.)

This is a vanilla issue-slash-bug-ish-type-thing.

The pop cap isn't a hard setting. The confusion seems to be that players believe it to be a a game mechanic setting, like temperature or invaders, but it appears to actually work as a gameplay setting. This is to say, it alters certain behavior within the game but it is not a straight yes-no switch.

What I've read about is that the pop cap appears to still rely on the liaison. The first two waves are guaranteed (although I think the size of them is random), and after that you only stop getting migrants when the liaison returns to the mountain home to report that you've reached or exceed the pop cap. I don't know exactly how this works but it could potentially mean an extra three or four waves of migrants, and those waves are also either completely random in size or based on fort wealth (so even if you're 1 short of your cap when the liaison leaves, you may still get three waves of 20+ dwarves before the next liaison arrives).

But take all of this with a grain of salt because I could very well be perpetuating a myth.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #453 on: July 04, 2014, 04:19:22 pm »

is it intentional that you can butcher armok's wards?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 04, 2014, 05:27:40 pm »

I have 18 bars of ash, and 7 jugs, yet I still cannot make ink at the craftsdwarf shop when I queue the job to make ink from ash.

I have a craftstdwarf who has been making crafts.

Am I using the wrong labor?

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 04, 2014, 05:31:05 pm »

Try scribe or dyer.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 04, 2014, 05:44:59 pm »

I just checked the raws, it says dyer.  I have dyeing enabled...

hrmm...

I enabled a few more labors (I had 12 remaining to enable).

Okay, it was another labor (not sure which one though), cuz now I have 3 inks.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 05:47:31 pm by thistleknot »

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 04, 2014, 06:38:13 pm »

2. What is it with werewolves in MDF? I did several embarks on every single one of them there was a werewolf, on some in the cavern, but still. Can I reduce this with the advanced reduce werwolf-curses setting?

4. I researched the coin mint. I got the announcement, I even tried building it, but noticed that it needed more space or something.
Later, I dug out the space, want to build the coin mint, but now it tells me, that I also need the corresponding science discovery.
My theory is, that it somehow got lost at caravan trade. In between the rsearch and the attempted building, I transported all finished goods to the caravan. however, I am very sure, that I didn't trade the science discovery. It was an elven caravan, so I only could use some and manually selected some stone crafts, no whole bins. What else could explain this?

2.  Did you enable the werewolf race?  I believe they send snatchers and such.  Did you get the "now you know why you fear the night" message (that is from 'normal' were-thingys)?

3. With cap set to 40 I usually end up with about 50ish dwarves as long as the liason has no problems.  As Niveras said it is based on what the liason says to the mountainhomes your population is.  I usually get right to 40 with the first spring wave and then have two little waves in Summer and Autumn.  If you really don't want any more you can run a dfhack command (that I can't remember the name of) to tell them not to send any more fresh meat.

4. Did you check burrows and make sure the discovery wasn't forbidden or dumped or stolen?  Is it in your stocks menu?

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 05, 2014, 04:09:02 am »

I had a lich show up at my fort.  I decided to lock him away until I decided what to do with him and he almost starved to death.  Turns out liches do not have NO_EAT (in the raws it is in as -NO_EAT- without the standard YESSCHOOLWIZARD or brackets).

beepis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 05, 2014, 08:44:30 pm »

So i made steeloak logs in the sawmill where do i go to make it into steel?

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 05, 2014, 09:35:26 pm »

Try herbalist.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

beepis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 05, 2014, 09:52:32 pm »

what is herbalist and how do i try it?

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 05, 2014, 10:01:20 pm »

The Herbalist's Laboratory. It's a building you research. Reaction is Conduct research in the field of Herbalism (I) at the Researcher's study.

beepis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 05, 2014, 10:03:29 pm »

can gnomes make steel from steeloak?

Jawesome16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 05, 2014, 10:30:51 pm »

I found a bug, but I'm not sure if it's a vanilla bug. I assigned some steelclad cragtooth boars to my captain of the guard. He was mauled by some 'Angry Deep One's and died, but his animals just stayed in the same spot. Even after i buried him they still said they were owned by him and stood in the same spot. Havent had any luck trying to re-assign them to someone else either. Is there a way to make them owned by nobody?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 92