Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 203124 times)

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #135 on: June 08, 2014, 07:33:24 am »

I think it's to stop them breeding.  You just have to bung them on a nest box asap and hope they lay something good.
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 08, 2014, 10:26:36 pm »

I can confirm the v5.05 elven unicorn problem.

No wagon, unicorn as the pack animal, ZERO trade goods. Welp, i guess if they wont bring me stuff, i will force them to bring me lots of bodies to butcher, and lots of mithril items to melt down.  8) declaring war is fun

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2014, 01:18:13 pm »

I can confirm the v5.05 elven unicorn problem.

No wagon, unicorn as the pack animal, ZERO trade goods. Welp, i guess if they wont bring me stuff, i will force them to bring me lots of bodies to butcher, and lots of mithril items to melt down.  8) declaring war is fun

knew i wasn't the only one who found it odded.
i dont usually trade with them so i didn't mind much

jwpartain1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 09, 2014, 01:30:34 pm »

Is there any way to change the 'm' key back to the military interface page? It's been really bugging me :)

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 09, 2014, 02:27:54 pm »

I'm guessing your using Alt-tab, which makes a bug in the game think you are using Alt-m instead of M for military. Hitting alt once after returning from an alt-tab will fix that.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

jwpartain1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2014, 02:46:02 pm »

Thanks! That's most likely it, I'll report back after work.

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2014, 05:51:30 pm »

Hey Meph, quick issue,

I'm playing on 5.01, want to put a few years into this fort before going up to 5.05

Migrants are showing up and instantly going "Friendly" instead of civ members. They just hang out on the edges of the map, and only show up on the "others" tab of the units screen. Can't do anything with 'em.

Is there a DFhack command to make a unit a civ member?

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 09, 2014, 06:03:37 pm »

It's a fairly longstanding bug (actually inherent to vanilla DF). Quoting an old post regarding the solution (from the previous dwarfmode bug thread):

There is a bug where when traders who came to your fort as part of a caravan may try to migrate to your fort some time afterwards, but for some reason still think that they are there to trade. Use the 'v'iew option to select them, then type 'tweak fixmigrant' into the DFHack window to fix them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #143 on: June 09, 2014, 06:09:33 pm »

Hey Meph, quick issue,

I'm playing on 5.01, want to put a few years into this fort before going up to 5.05

Migrants are showing up and instantly going "Friendly" instead of civ members. They just hang out on the edges of the map, and only show up on the "others" tab of the units screen. Can't do anything with 'em.

Yes, makeown. See the dfhack readme. Its a vanilla bug.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 09, 2014, 06:42:20 pm »

Hey Meph, quick issue,

Yes, makeown. See the dfhack readme. Its a vanilla bug.

Ah, thanks much Meph. You rock, as always.

EDIT: Also thanks to Niveras, didn't see the post above. You rock as well.

migshark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 09, 2014, 07:29:29 pm »

I've got a suggestion related to a pet-peeve of mine that I'm losing hair over; smaller building sizes - at least for future buildings, if not current ones. 3x3 workshops Meph, remember those :P ?

I'm always trying to design efficient, compact, vertical forts with as little pathing and used (dug out) space as possible to maximize production and minimize FPS death. I get that you can't have 100 reactions on every workshop, so the count can't really change, and you want a clear sense of progression, but big workshops just hamper design such that it that can only be compensated for to a limited extent. That is, the space they take up can't be reduced through any sort of skill, if all tiles aren't passable then entrances and so on are limited, and workshops with similar reagents can only be so close together when they're all so big. I'm guessing(?) you also want to have the sizes relative to their purpose realistic (eg: guildhall/temples), but I think you should leave more of the surrounding architecture for things like that up to us. The building tiles are pretty, but so are decorations, so they might see more use this way.

To give you some numbers just on space, I'm currently designing a QF blueprint for MW dwarves (about 150 of them living in segregated luxury, catacombs included, + 3.5 Zlevels for 75 more). I've roughly calculated that I could squeeze everything besides the larger temples and the admin/magic buildings into a 40x40x17-18 fort, but that handful of omitted buildings, many of which don't see constant use, would take up a couple Z levels on their own. Now that I think about it, my forge/magma levels would also be bursting at the seams... back to the drawing board spreadsheet.

ibluminatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 09, 2014, 08:52:11 pm »

Played adventurer mode recently after updating to 5.05. I kept encountering Xen on the surface. It seemed strange to me because in the manual they are mentioned, their description at least, as being in the 3rd cavern layer. Sidenote I usually do clean installs/extracts to prevent duplicated raws or other errors.

Theinsomniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2014, 10:06:22 pm »

My dwarves aren't collecting plants from their farm plot, they're just left there to wither and die.
I enabled farming for all of them, but the plants still remain unharvested, what can I do to get them to start harvesting their plants?

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 09, 2014, 11:33:53 pm »

Your dwarves might have them harvesting, but not gathering them. Make sure you have Dwarves Gather Food turned on. (o)rders -> Gather (f)ood

Poonyen

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarg!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube page
« Reply #149 on: June 10, 2014, 01:00:56 am »

Since more people are reporting bugs over here and my problem is related to MW Dwarf mode, this is a repost from another thread (so apologies if you saw it and thought: 'What a loser, I'm not answering that. I hope he dies.'): http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138967.msg5353723#msg5353723

Rendermax works perfectly, but not with illuminations (i.e. braziers, fireplaces). Didn't have this problem with 5.02.

Anyone else gets this error message when starting up (or restarting Rendermax):

My dwarves are walking around under there blind, falling over each other. Last week a dwarfette even got pregnant, and she swears she was assaulted outside the gemcrafter's.

Thanks!
I like to make music especially for Dwarf Fortress and Soundsense in my spare time (https://www.youtube.com/simonswerwer, http://soundcloud.com/simonswerwer). Also check out Toadese Language Utility to read and write DF dwarven texts (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136098). Bang the tankards!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 92