Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 203064 times)

Poonyen

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarg!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube page
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2014, 11:05:03 am »

There you go, a fixed rendermax.lua.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8QFWS9tHkaaaUU1YTJMeEt0aW8/edit?usp=sharing

Put it in the Dwarf Fortress subfolder and you'll have light, including furnaces.

Thanks so much for your effort. Best community ever, exhibit A.
I like to make music especially for Dwarf Fortress and Soundsense in my spare time (https://www.youtube.com/simonswerwer, http://soundcloud.com/simonswerwer). Also check out Toadese Language Utility to read and write DF dwarven texts (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136098). Bang the tankards!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #166 on: June 11, 2014, 11:44:34 am »

It seems like the reaction "Buy coke(3) for 500 shillings" for Bomrek's Bargains gives only 1 coke instead of 3
Fixed in 5.06 :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 11, 2014, 12:47:49 pm »

*reads 5.06 fix list*  AAAAARRRGGGGH!!!  I had just decided on running this fort until it died, instead of restarting every other year, then you went and fixed the butchering sentient thing (which was my biggest pet peeve with MDF as it was).  Now I've gotta download and upgrade. :P

Between the soul change, no more research for certain buildings and the caravan fixes I have no choice!  Why you gotta keep making things better?!?!?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #168 on: June 11, 2014, 12:51:57 pm »

fixed the butchering sentient thing (which was my biggest pet peeve with MDF as it was).
Its not fixed. Warlocks and Orcs still stumble over the problem, but at least the Dwarves dont have to bother with it anymore. I might add it to Orcs as well, but I have to see how to handle scalps... same for Warlocks. And they even need the bones/meat/skulls from the invaders as well.

Why you gotta keep making things better?!?!?
We do what we must, because we can.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 11, 2014, 03:12:46 pm »

Are souls stockpilable?  If so, where?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #170 on: June 11, 2014, 03:22:00 pm »

No.

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 11, 2014, 03:30:55 pm »

Withered ones that are about to be destroyed go in the refuse stockpile, but since you can still use them, it's a good place to keep a place where you can make use of them.

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 11, 2014, 04:27:23 pm »

I am probably the only one... but I LIKED the butcher bug. I was able to train my butcher corps to legendary +5 pretty fast.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #173 on: June 11, 2014, 04:32:43 pm »

But butchers dont need skills at all...

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 11, 2014, 05:03:54 pm »

Is there anything you still need changelings for? Or was everything switched over to the new spawning system?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #175 on: June 11, 2014, 05:05:06 pm »

I think Kobold Arenas still use them, the Alchemy system still uses them for water/magma-lings, and mages make their familiars from them. I would have to check, if there are any other uses.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 11, 2014, 06:42:23 pm »

But butchers dont need skills at all...

Pretty sure it affects butcher speed?

Even with three bucheries my orc fort gets bogged down after sieges and stuff starts rotting.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #177 on: June 11, 2014, 07:02:18 pm »

Yeah, for bodyparts the skill counts for speed. Pets are butchered instantly though.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 11, 2014, 08:25:29 pm »

How do you get the gold bags from kobold thieves now?  I've got some skeletons/corpses of kobolds that I would like to loot loot from.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #179 on: June 11, 2014, 08:32:34 pm »

Unfortunately thats no longer an option. Automatons and Frost Giants still use the itemcorpses (bifrost bars and clockwork parts), but I cant do that for Kobolds, because you can also play kobolds, and it would be silly if you have no corpses, but bags of loot to bury in Kobold mode.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 92