Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Flames, and Ashes: World on the Brink of War  (Read 8711 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Flames, and Ashes: World on the Brink of War
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2014, 02:21:17 am »

Take a look at the strange rifles.
Wut?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2014, 02:57:29 am »

~Snip~
[spoiler~kill~=Dead Hostiles]
18 Gangers
9 Autoguns
11 Autopistols
2 Strange Rifles
[/spoiler]
~Snip~
Take a look at the strange rifles.
Wut?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2014, 03:00:46 am »

Ah, my bad. Yes, +1, and also have Eomann look at them.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2014, 07:44:28 am »

Ah, my bad. Yes, +1, and also have Eomann look at them.
+1 The Xenos have probably armed these foolhardy men.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2014, 10:22:59 am »

We don't need no explosives.

What's the collateral damage radius of our lance again?
It'd take out a few hab blocks from the blast, but of course to do that it'd need to go through the rest of the hive to hit that hab block as you're pretty much almost at the bottom of the hab.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Flames, and Ashes: World on the Brink of War
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2014, 08:17:20 pm »

The armsmen head off to sweep the hab blocks, and gather up any bodies and gear they can find among the supposedly abandoned and ruined looking structures around you. While that's going on you call Eomann over to help you examine one of the strange rifles the gangers were using, it quickly becomes apparent that the weapons were marksman rifles as you find a scope and bi-pod along with a few small displays on the weapon itself that seem to tell the distance from target, any wind there is, and how to adjust for the shot. You turn to Eomann and ask,

"What do you think of these weapons Eomann?"

"They appear to be built off the basics of this sub-sectors autogun designs though the creator has changed some of the mechanisms, and even made entirely new ones for the weapon such as these displays. Whoever made these weapons has great skill, and knowledge with technology considering they made something that is probably the equal to some of the better sniper rifles the Imperial Guard uses though it is most assuredly rather high orders of tech-heresy.

There are very few people who could make such a weapon, so the individual behind this is either a genius or had some form of training, its very possible we are facing a heretek Madam Inquisitor."

You continue to ponder those words for the greater part of an hour as the armsmen drag the corpses of the gangers out in a line in front of you, the connection between all of them quickly becomes apparent then. Every single one of the gangers has a silver cog tattooed somewhere on their body, three of them have a much larger version that covers their entire back though how this is important still escapes you ...

Spoiler: Companions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dead Hostiles (click to show/hide)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2014, 09:31:37 pm »

Gather the weapons, we'll use one of the rifles as they so to be simple modifications nothing you wouldn't see outside of a guard regiment.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2014, 09:35:26 pm »

Gather the weapons, we'll use one of the rifles as they so to be simple modifications nothing you wouldn't see outside of a guard regiment.
Actually the changes are quite drastic, the its an autogun turned into a semi-auto marksman's rifle with non-standard scope and entirely new additions such as the data screens which are wired into the scope itself. A rather large leap in innovation, and development of new technology that the Mechanicus would see it as tech-heresy, not to mention quite a few guard regiments go against the rules with weapon customization and keeping non-standard weapon as things like trophies.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2014, 09:40:47 pm »

Actually the changes are quite drastic, the its an autogun turned into a semi-auto marksman's rifle with non-standard scope and entirely new additions such as the data screens which are wired into the scope itself. A rather large leap in innovation, and development of new technology that the Mechanicus would see it as tech-heresy, not to mention quite a few guard regiments go against the rules with weapon customization and keeping non-standard weapon as things like trophies.
Shhhhh, be quiet no one needs to know, besides we can turn it over once we get a proper weapon, and besides inquisitors have been know to carry DAEMON weapons, I doubt a heavily modified auto-gun will bring up to much outcry.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2014, 09:42:04 pm »

Gather the weapons for the Mechanicus to examine. Have the armsmen from the station and the planet checked for cog tattoos by Eomann. Interrogate and shoot any with the tattoos.

Search the buildings thoroughly, then set them on fire, get back in the APC and head back to the base, have everyone checked for tattoos, interrogate and kill any with said tattoos. Take a convoy this time rather then just a few as we head out.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2014, 02:28:12 am »

Gather the weapons for safekeeping until trusted Mechanicus personnel can inspect them. Have the armsmen from the station and the planet checked for cog tattoos by Eomann. Imprison and interrogate any with the tattoos.

Search the buildings thoroughly, then set them on fire, get back in the APC and head back to the base, have everyone checked for tattoos, imprison and interrogate any with said tattoos. Check on whoever it was we thought was arranging the meeting with a Techpriest, question them about exactly what they did.
Slight modifications, other than that, +1.
I have a bad feeling about where this might be going...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2014, 02:56:49 am »

Where do you think it might be going?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2014, 04:56:59 am »

Inquire around (possible to the armsmen?) about the importance of tattoos--is this a common practice around here or is it to symbolize ties for the local gangs?

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2014, 08:01:33 am »

Gather the weapons for safekeeping until trusted Mechanicus personnel can inspect them. Have the armsmen from the station and the planet checked for cog tattoos by Eomann. Imprison and interrogate any with the tattoos.

Search the buildings thoroughly, then set them on fire, get back in the APC and head back to the base, have everyone checked for tattoos, imprison and interrogate any with said tattoos. Check on whoever it was we thought was arranging the meeting with a Techpriest, question them about exactly what they did.
Slight modifications, other than that, +1.
I have a bad feeling about where this might be going...
+1 and
Inquire around (possible to the armsmen?) about the importance of tattoos--is this a common practice around here or is it to symbolize ties for the local gangs?
+1

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Flames, and Ashes: World on the Brink of War
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2014, 10:06:03 pm »

"Get the weapons loaded onto the APC right away, and then call to the Navy garrison to have them prep a group to come out here and torch these hab blocks and any sign that these gangers were ever here. Of course first things first, Eomann search all of them for cog tattoos, if you find any tie them up and toss them into the APCs gagged and knocked out preferably."

Its not long after saying those words that you find yourself in the APC with everyone having been cleared, not a single cog tattoo was found on any of the armsmen and the weapons were now safely loaded up in two equipment lockers in the APC. That is all of them except one of the strange rifles which you claimed for yourself, inspecting it now you find a small name perfectly carved into the side of it reading 'Fraxis Longshot Marksman Rifle' followed by the abbreviation 'FLMR'. As Eomann said it was a good weapon, but your possession of it may well anger most of the Mechanicus as few elements of their organization are open to innovation ...

--Later at Waystation 24C in the Office of one Astin Proriol
Shortly after your arrival back at the Navy garrison you find yourself in Astin's office with the man himself pacing behind his desk, despite his efforts to hide it you can tell he's upset about the events you've set in motion. Few commanders would enjoy having someone come in and telling them that their facility with several hundred people within it needs to be put on lockdown, and every person within that facility needs to be checked for an obscure cog tattoo. You take the moments of silence to take a look around Astin's office which you find is almost entirely covered in bookshelves that are filled with dataslates and aging tomes, either the man has a very strange way of keeping the garrison's record or he has a deep love of reading from the looks of it.

Your observations are cut short as the Senior Armsman suddenly stops pacing, and turns to you to speak.

"All of the personnel within the Waystation have been checked over for this cog tattoo that you're so interested in, not a single one has been found with it so I must assume that my garrison is clear. The team you asked for has been sent out, and I've received word that the hab blocks are now purged and burnt husks as you've ordered, though I must admit the price you put forward for such a small group attacking you is rather high. You burned the homes of hundreds of people for a mere twenty gangers, but forgive me for stepping out of bounds it is not my business to judge you.

I simply ask of you one thing, be careful where you prod Inquisitor, this fledgling hive is a powder keg waiting for the smallest spark to send it bursting into full-out war and to be honest I don't think we could win one. The Rear Admiral taught me something long ago, that a single well placed dagger in the dark could change the entire course of a battle, whether its a naval engagement or air superiority always have a trump card up your sleeve. But enough of that, the convoy has been prepped and it'll consist of three APCs, the twelve armsmen that Rear Admiral Helk handpicked, and four of my own to help bolster your ranks. Hopefully this will be enough to dissuade such attacks a second time."

You spend the almost the entirety of the next hour with Senior Armsman Astin working sorting out the details of examining everyone who enters or leaves the Waystation 24C spire. Once that is done you have him summon the officer who supposedly went to arrange a meeting with the Mechanicus to see if was them that betrayed you to these would-be assassins, not long after your summons the young woman enters the Senior Armsman's office and you sit her down across from you and Astin. Astin informs you that this young lady is one Jenifer Carson, an armsman who has been in his service for fifteen years now, turning to her you ask,

"What was it you did when you went to supposedly arrange this meeting with the techpriest, did you inform these gangers that I was going to the Mechanicus Spire and conspire to kill an Inquisitor?"

Jenifer's eyes go wide, and she jumps slightly as she speaks,

"No, no I'd never do such a thing, I worship and love the God-Emperor to the very depths of my being. I would never do something that would endanger those who carry out his will, I swear on the Throne and the Emperor himself that all I did was set up the meeting as you asked of us. You can check for yourself Madam Inquisitor, Logis Yulith has been expecting a meeting with you and is ready for the meeting at the Mechanicus Spire with you, I swear it!"

Spoiler: Companions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Recovered Weapons (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 08:24:16 pm by adwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7