Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Flames, and Ashes: World on the Brink of War  (Read 8695 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Flames, and Ashes: World on the Brink of War
« on: May 25, 2014, 07:04:35 pm »

The air tasted stale aboard the Crimson Son, but it was a familiar taste, a familiar smell of disinfectant, oil, sweat, blood, and more all mingled together in the enclosed hallways of the ship. Not a month ago you stood in the sub-sector headquaters of the Inquisition before three Inquisitors including your former mentor Inquisitor Zaveron who pronounced you a full Inquisitor, with all of the power, responsibility, and freedom that afforded you. Even now the ship was carrying you to your first investigation, but as you wander the hallways you begin to think back about how you came to be here, and the path you've tread so far ...

Your name is ... (What do they call our Inquisitor?)

Upon rising to Inquisitor what Ordo did you align with?
A) Ordo Malleus, the Daemonhunters.
B) Ordo Hereticus, the Witch Hunters.
C) Ordo Xenos, the Alienhunters.

Your Mentor gave you what gift?
A) A blessed power sword that has been wielded by Inquisitors for centuries beyond count.
B) A highly trained individual who was part of the Inquisitor's retinue for many years now.
C) An account filled with thrones to be spent at your discretion.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 04:00:13 am by adwarf »

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your name is ... Maive Imperatrice. Witchbreaker, Slayer of Farseer Tanilel, Huntress of the Fringe

Upon rising to Inquisitor what Ordo did you align with?
A) Ordo Malleus, the Daemonhunters.
B) Ordo Hereticus, the Witch Hunters.
C) Ordo Xenos, the Alienhunters.

Your Mentor gave you what gift?
A) A blessed power sword that has been wielded by Inquisitors for centuries beyond count.
B) A highly trained individual who was part of the Inquisitor's retinue for many years now.
C) An account filled with thrones to be spent at your discretion.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Our name is Vilkia Vistiliv.

We are Female, about 5'6, long black hair down to our middle back, we aren't exactly what would be called "curvy," however we would be qualified as attractive, we occasionally used this to further our own ends during training. We have always been fascinated with dangerous alien life, the more dangerous the better. We are rather curt and direct, we don't normally beat around the bush if we want something, however we occasionally get into a playful mood and are quite willing to drag people on for hours or even days when those happen. We have some "anger management problems" as our Mentor put it, we tend to get frustrated easily if things aren't going our way. People tend to stay out of our way when this happens as you really don't want to piss off an Inquisitor in any situation. We tend to wear utilitarian clothing with as many pockets as possible, we absolutely love pockets.. And pouches.. And really anything at all that we can store stuff in and carry it around. We have a messenger bag that we normally carry around as well, it looks slightly worn and well used. Most of our clothing is black, grey, or brown, all of it seems well used and all of it is quite comfortable.

We aligned with Ordo Xenos, the Alienhunters.

We were given a highly trained individual who was part of the Inquisitor's retinue for many years now by our mentor.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Your name is... Aleksandr Delanor, Fist of the Ordo Xenos, bearer of the sacred power weapon known as the Emperor's Gaze.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're snapped out of your train of thought as your companion Eomann speaks up behind you,

"Inquisitor Maive, Captain Rodrick has just sent word that we are nearing our destination, the Crimson Son will be pulling into the Marasen Imperial Navy docks within the hour. With us now so close I must say that your current strength is rather weak, you've not been an Inquisitor long enough to have acquired much in the way of personnel or equipment, and yet Inquisitor Zaveron still requested that you come here with the rumors of aliens on the planet surface. Even with me at your side Madam Inquisitor things could get rough ..."

Eomann cuts off as you hold your hand up, you'd heard this tale many a time now about how he disagreed with you following this course of action with what assets you held at your disposal. Eomann was loyal beyond a doubt, and ruthless in battle where he felt no fear no matter what he faced, to hear Zaveron tell it he'd seen the Marine charge five genestealers with his twin chainsword roaring in his hands all in order to keep the Inquisitor alive. While you trusted Eomann's council this would be a reasonable enough first job, investigate rumors of aliens being seen on the planet cooperating with some of the populace, find them if the rumors are true, and then exterminate them like the cancer they are.

Sometime later you find yourself walking out of the airlock onto the Imperial Navy docks at Marasen with Eomann close behind, your weapons at your hip, and your rosette firmly in place on your chest for all on-board to see. Looking around you ponder your next step, you could hitch a lander down to the planet to setup in the planet's capital, talk to the senior officers stationed here to get some of the tale from them, check the station facilities, and more ...

Spoiler: Companions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Check the station facilities and talk to the senior officers.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Talk to the local senior officers to get their understanding of the situation (and investigate them for corruption) before making plans to set up our operations.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile

Talk to the local senior officers to get their understanding of the situation (and investigate them for corruption) before making plans to set up our operations.
+1
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Prayer break. Look for a good-sized local chapel (on-station). Have Eomann wait far enough away that the priests won't notice him (ie, probably beyond sight), and keep our rosette out of sight. Talk with the priests, check to see if there are any oddities in their preaching or the local faith, maybe see if we can get our longsword blessed, discretely inquire about the piety of the locals.
If there is a Xenos issue... It might be a good idea to take a look at how loyal the station actually is before we go blundering in with few resources and a reputation that encourages OHSHITKILLITWITHFIRE reactions among traitors.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Prayer break. Look for a good-sized local chapel (on-station). Have Eomann wait far enough away that the priests won't notice him (ie, probably beyond sight), and keep our rosette out of sight. Talk with the priests, check to see if there are any oddities in their preaching or the local faith, maybe see if we can get our longsword blessed, discretely inquire about the piety of the locals.
If there is a Xenos issue... It might be a good idea to take a look at how loyal the station actually is before we go blundering in with few resources and a reputation that encourages OHSHITKILLITWITHFIRE reactions among traitors.
Yes, lets be careful.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Personally I think it's a safer bet to go to those in power first if our presence was heralded, since if we immediately begin snooping when they expect us it'll make them distrustful or tip them off that we don't trust them. If they don't know we're here I'd totally switch my vote to building alliances with the local Ministorum first though, and get the skinny on which leaders have been more faithful than others.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Personally I think it's a safer bet to go to those in power first if our presence was heralded, since if we immediately begin snooping when they expect us it'll make them distrustful or tip them off that we don't trust them. If they don't know we're here I'd totally switch my vote to building alliances with the local Ministorum first though, and get the skinny on which leaders have been more faithful than others.
We're an Inquisitor, of course we don't trust them. If I were a legit officer possibly having to deal with a Xenos outbreak and an Inquisitor came in and didn't bother checking up on me, I'd be super worried; what kind of incompetent fool are they? Or worse, they suspect me enough that they covered up their inquiries! Oh God Emperor!
Anyway, the point of leaving the Astartes out of sight and hiding the Rosette was that we wouldn't let people know what we were up to. Presumably there are a lot of people on the station, after all.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

+1

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Taking your Rosette off you place it in your pocket as you speak to Eomann,

"Stay here for now, no need to cause more of a problem than we need to at the moment, if I have need of you I'll vox you or the Captain."

Eomann simply nods before turning around and stalking back into the ready room, by your judgement he'll probably wait there in full combat gear until you return worrying of your safety the entire time. With a slight smile you head out the airlock onto the station beyond to find Rodrick nearby discussing his reasons for docking, his occupation, and such all of which you trusted him to make up on his own since after all the man had once been a smuggler until the Inquisition had discovered his operation and press-ganged him into work for the them.

Ignoring him, and the Navy armsmen with him you head out of the room and into the station proper asking those you pass-by for directions to the command center saying you had dire business with the station's commander. Within a few minutes you find yourself in a room adjoining the Rear-Admiral Helk's offices with his adjutant standing before you slightly angry, and requesting to know what business you were about with the Rear-Admiral lest he call the Armsmen and they shove you out an airlock. Slightly annoyed you reach into your pocket and raise the Rosette in front of the weaselly man's face causing him to grow pale, his one good eye to dilate, and sweat begin to bead on his brow as he tries to stammer out a reply.

Swallowing hard the man bows, apologizes, and then leads you into the Rear-Admiral's office where you find him seated behind a large, worn wooden desk with piles of paper, and dataslates all around him. The walls bear tapestries depicting naval battles fought by the station's battlegroup, antique swords and dueling pistols in display cases, and a rather large aquila covering the wall behind the Rear-Admiral all picked out in gold and masterfully detailed. Seeing you the man smiles, and proclaims,

"Come sit Inquisitor, I'm Rear-Admiral Helk Valkar the humble commander of this station and the Gamma-Proto 45n System, as I understand you're looking for information which I am much obliged to give. Simply ask me, and I will tell you what I know, but let me say my knowledge of the world below is not as great as it used to be a decade or so ago."

Spoiler: Companions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bumping for actions, if there's anything about the setting, the items you guys own, terms used, etc. that you need or want clarified just ask, and I'll explain what they are to the best of my ability.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7