Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.  (Read 66234 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2014, 09:10:15 pm »

"Nice to meet you, Vincent. I'm Denzel. Don't do anything stupid and you might just survive." Denzel then turns to Xan. "I figure that if we don't drain the melted ice, it'll just re-freeze. So maybe you could make a form that's good at moving ice chunks and meltwater?"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2014, 09:12:56 pm »

Xan tapped his helmet with one of his hands.

Hmm. How much water would I need to move at a time?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2014, 09:19:19 pm »

"I have no idea. Maybe about as much as these heat guns can melt in one minute?"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2014, 09:21:07 pm »

"Think like a double sided elephant. Constantly sucking in water from one side and spitting it out the other."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2014, 09:22:47 pm »

"I have no idea. Maybe about as much as these heat guns can melt in one minute?"
Gimme a minute.
Sig! Onol

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2014, 09:23:10 pm »

"Should I fire mine up?"
Vincent takes am at the frozen ground in front (away from allies) of him and flicks on the heat ray

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 09:25:00 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2014, 09:32:30 pm »

"Remember to make it cold insulated as well, don't want our 'pump' to freeze now!"
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2014, 09:35:02 pm »

Thank you for that piece of advice. Otherwise I'd have forgotten to insulate myself from cold while pumping ice water on the polar continent of a colder than usual planet in the middle of a blizzard.
Sig! Onol

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2014, 09:39:45 pm »

"Maybe we don't need a pump. Maybe these heat guns are hot enough to vaporize water, not just melt it."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2014, 09:51:16 pm »

Vincent smirks and then responds
"I guess we'll soon find out!"
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 09:53:49 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2014, 01:14:47 am »

Jobasio hums softly to himself, drumming his fingers on the dash as he watches the others closely.
No gargantuan alien death gods seem to be rearing up out of the ice just yet, which is a good sign, but he's still nowhere near relaxed. Nevertheless, he switches off the engine for now, although he keeps one hand near the ignition at all times.

He casts a brief glance aside at Whig, securely strapped into the passenger seat, then returns his attention to the team outside.

>Turn off the engine to conserve fuel, but be ready to quickly start it back up again if necessary.
Watch the surroundings closely for any sign of threats.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2014, 07:04:37 am »

"Mm. Ha-hah!"

Feel up the standing not-stone. Listen for any interesting sounds and try to sense if there are any vibrations coming from it.

Then, when that bit of divination is done, aim HEP at the ground (at an angle, not straight down) and fire. See how it does with ice melting. How deep of a tunnel can I make?

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2014, 07:18:12 am »

"SCIENCE TIME"
Get out of the APC, walk away from everyone else, though try to keep them or anything else near them in sight. Then press the button on the cuff machine thing I got.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2014, 03:03:10 pm »

"I'll keep watch, and keep an eye on the storm!"

Find a good spot on the ringing ridge of black rocks to settle into(preferably relatively flat, and mostly out of the wind) that still has a good view of the surroundings(and of course the approaching storm). Keep an eye out for both anything moving on the ice plains, and for how close the storm is. If it looks to be about to hit, shout out a warning over the radio and then take shelter in the APC. Also, while I'm up there, do a quick examination of these rock formations.
Sure you want to wander a mile off, into an area with winds hard enough to almost flip the APC? Because the entire area around the stones has those winds.

To: Whole Team: It extends under the ice quite a ways. I have doubts that we'll be able to excavate all of it.

Head out of the APC and switch to X-Ray vision, if I have it. Can I see through it, or does it appear to be solid? Examine it from multiple different angles. Is there anything that looks like an entrance at some point?

Oh, and charge will bonus while doing so if possible.

You already used the full Cam-eye spectrum. You saw what you saw.

"I'll go with you. Xan, can you turn into a pump? I agree that it would be more helpful than a mole."

Grab the pneumatic jack if I can carry it. Whether or not I can carry it by myself, start scouting out possible entryways. If the only way seems to be through the top, find/begin excavating a way up.
Jobasio hums softly to himself, drumming his fingers on the dash as he watches the others closely.
No gargantuan alien death gods seem to be rearing up out of the ice just yet, which is a good sign, but he's still nowhere near relaxed. Nevertheless, he switches off the engine for now, although he keeps one hand near the ignition at all times.

He casts a brief glance aside at Whig, securely strapped into the passenger seat, then returns his attention to the team outside.

>Turn off the engine to conserve fuel, but be ready to quickly start it back up again if necessary.
Watch the surroundings closely for any sign of threats.
You turn off the engine and wait, staring out the windshield at the darkening sky.

"Mm. Ha-hah!"

Feel up the standing not-stone. Listen for any interesting sounds and try to sense if there are any vibrations coming from it.

Then, when that bit of divination is done, aim HEP at the ground (at an angle, not straight down) and fire. See how it does with ice melting. How deep of a tunnel can I make?

[6+1]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ya see these people? They were gonna have this hole dug. They were gonna do it safely and effectively. It would have taken an hour or so, but it would have got done. But Stacy, in his infinite wisdom, decided to "help" by wandering straight over to the center of the hole in the encased object people could see below , planting the tip of his HEP on the ice and firing straight down. This, of course, opened up a great big hole under his feet, and the feet of several other people, and caused the rest of the ice around the hole to collapse inward. So now Stacy, and the rest of the people in that spoiler, are falling head over heels into a great black expanse; the hollow interior of the object frozen in the ice.

HAVE FUN.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: Stacy is fired.
« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2014, 03:06:26 pm »

...well, I can't say I didn't expect something like this to happen.

Carefully approach the hole and peer down into it. Can I see anything?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 03:18:01 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33