Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.  (Read 66243 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: Stacy is fired.
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2014, 03:15:32 pm »

Strike my pick into the wall and hang on tight.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition
« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2014, 03:16:19 pm »

"SCIENCE TIME"
Get out of the APC, walk away from everyone else, though try to keep them or anything else near them in sight. Then press the button on the cuff machine thing I got.
MISSED ME OH GREAT AND MIGHTY GM, GOD OF GAMES AND DEATH (........new character concept get!)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 03:22:54 pm by darkpaladin109 »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2014, 03:30:54 pm »

"Oh, shit!"
Grab the nearest non-flight-capable person and activate rockets, look for a safe place to land down below.  Also try and get a good look around on the way down.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2014, 03:43:12 pm »

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?! Who the hell is that braindead to think that was a good idea?!"

Michael aborts his contemplated trek to go see if there's rope stashed in the APC, then coordinates with the rest of the team to make a safer way down.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 07:25:32 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2014, 03:51:44 pm »

That would be Stacy, the result of giving a very absentminded person a giant laser gun.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2014, 04:11:28 pm »

"....why is he even given anything more dangerous than a pillow then?!"
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2014, 04:12:20 pm »

People seem to forget that he kills large numbers of people when left unattended for some reason.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2014, 04:36:07 pm »

"Fuck!" Jason exclaims as he begins plummeting.

Hope that I am the closest person to Mesk. Failing that, might as well panic and push buttons on the Shackle. Middle and ring finger buttons. I will be Spider-Man. If that fails as well, try to land and roll, or at least not land on my head.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:12:17 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2014, 04:55:05 pm »

"I forget all these details, but I remember this~!" Stacy trills while flying downward and drawing on his previous experience in the elevator shaft in the process.

Make sure to seize my HEP if I haven't yet. If I am not caught by Mesk, prepare self for landing roll. Make sure my legs take the brunt of the fall if it looks like I'm not about to get out of this without heavy damage! Or, for extra points, land on something softer-looking.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 05:12:27 pm by Harry Baldman »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2014, 05:38:14 pm »

Jobasio just... stares through the windshield as half the team suddenly vanishes into the ground.
He blinks once, then twice, then glances around as thought looking for an audience to share a meaningful look with, then looks back again.
"Well then. That... that was... staying with the APC was a rather good judgement call on my part, it seems. Oh dear."
He rubs his temples wearily and mumbles to his gauss rifle.

Stare in bewilderment at the newly-opened hole for a while.
Feel a strange sense of elation and not being the horribly unlucky person, for once.

Then take a look in the back of the APC- is there any sort of climbing equipment packed in here? Any ropes or chains, or anything that might help with extracting my hapless team members from their predicament? Or failing that, a kettle and some tea/hot chocolate.

After having a look around, get back in the driver's seat in case the team's fall into the bowels of the planet disturbs anything.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2014, 07:21:20 pm »

((So, my action was to be in the same general area as the others. So if you want to retcon me/me and the jackhammer thing into falling, feel free.))

If I find myself falling, brace for impact/ready for a landing roll. Otherwise, run to the APC and grab rope/chain to aid in our (hopefully safe) descent. F there is no rope/chain/other assorted helpful stuff, start excavating a stairway down to the object through the ice. Long story short, try to find/make a safer way down than the one Stacy found.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2014, 07:24:01 pm »

((you know, maybe we should coordinate our efforts to get down to help our friends teammates mobile meatshields :P))

Action edited

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2014, 08:45:04 pm »

"Shit! Shit!! SHIT! Not good!" Vincent tries to grab on to whatever he can to stop his fall. If he fails to grab on to anything, he attempts to hit the ground at a roll, or at least attempts to hit the ground with his feet. Whetever happens when he lands he will attempt to protect his face from smashing into anything

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2014, 06:57:55 pm »

...well, I can't say I didn't expect something like this to happen.

Carefully approach the hole and peer down into it. Can I see anything?
Besides a bunch of idiots flailing to save themselves? A big room; what looks like a massive cargo storage room, with lots of metal crates at the bottom in a big, messy pile.

Strike my pick into the wall and hang on tight.
That...actually works. Don't get me wrong, it NEARLY tears your arms off, or at least the pick out of your grip, but you manage to strike in just the right way and with just enough force to wedge it in place and halt your fall.

Good job, I suppose. You Would make legendary miners proud.

"Oh, shit!"
Grab the nearest non-flight-capable person and activate rockets, look for a safe place to land down below.  Also try and get a good look around on the way down.
"Fuck!" Jason exclaims as he begins plummeting.

Hope that I am the closest person to Mesk. Failing that, might as well panic and push buttons on the Shackle. Middle and ring finger buttons. I will be Spider-Man. If that fails as well, try to land and roll, or at least not land on my head.
"Shit! Shit!! SHIT! Not good!" Vincent tries to grab on to whatever he can to stop his fall. If he fails to grab on to anything, he attempts to hit the ground at a roll, or at least attempts to hit the ground with his feet. Whetever happens when he lands he will attempt to protect his face from smashing into anything

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mesk Manages to grab Vincent and Jason. He probably could have grabbed Stacy too. He just chose not to. He holds one under each arm and hovers in place, his engines throwing shaky illumination around the huge cargo bay. The thing must be over 100 meters long, or deep from this perspective, and 50 wide. All old style construction too, with big thick beams and heavy metals rather then newer alloys.

"I forget all these details, but I remember this~!" Stacy trills while flying downward and drawing on his previous experience in the elevator shaft in the process.

Make sure to seize my HEP if I haven't yet. If I am not caught by Mesk, prepare self for landing roll. Make sure my legs take the brunt of the fall if it looks like I'm not about to get out of this without heavy damage! Or, for extra points, land on something softer-looking.

Stacy lands with a heavy "WHUD" and a distinct ringing of metal. After a few seconds a voice echos through the chamber.

"I CAN'T FEEL MY ANYTHING!"

The rest of the team, the ones lucky enough Not to be standing near stacy, head to the APC and grab some cables to feed down into the hole.

"SCIENCE TIME"
Get out of the APC, walk away from everyone else, though try to keep them or anything else near them in sight. Then press the button on the cuff machine thing I got.
MISSED ME OH GREAT AND MIGHTY GM, GOD OF GAMES AND DEATH (........new character concept get!)

You press the button on the cuff. It makes a "DUUUUUN" noise that sounds very negative. Perhaps you should put it on. Maybe even on bare flesh.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2014, 07:19:51 pm »

((Mesk and NAV's character get GreatWyrmGold stars.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33