Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.  (Read 66225 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2014, 05:28:08 pm »

"Alright, looks like there's a storm rolling in.  Let's get digging, as fast and as long as we can."
Grab the heated shovel thing and start breaking ice away from the surface of the artifact.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2014, 05:28:55 pm »

Dual wield heat guns and melt through the ice fast.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2014, 05:31:50 pm »

(Considering the heat guns are backpack fed, I'm gonna say you probably won't have much luck dual-wielding them.)

"If you're using those heaters make sure you've got a plan for where to channel the liquid, otherwise it'll just freeze back up and you'll have wasted a bunch of time and battery power."

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2014, 05:39:35 pm »

"I'll keep watch, and keep an eye on the storm!"

Find a good spot on the ringing ridge of black rocks to settle into(preferably relatively flat, and mostly out of the wind) that still has a good view of the surroundings(and of course the approaching storm). Keep an eye out for both anything moving on the ice plains, and for how close the storm is. If it looks to be about to hit, shout out a warning over the radio and then take shelter in the APC. Also, while I'm up there, do a quick examination of these rock formations.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2014, 05:49:27 pm »

To: Whole Team: It extends under the ice quite a ways. I have doubts that we'll be able to excavate all of it.

Head out of the APC and switch to X-Ray vision, if I have it. Can I see through it, or does it appear to be solid? Examine it from multiple different angles. Is there anything that looks like an entrance at some point?

Oh, and charge will bonus while doing so if possible.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 07:00:58 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2014, 05:56:54 pm »

To: Whole Team: It extends under the ice quite a ways. I have doubts that we'll be able to excavate all of it.
"LIES!"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2014, 06:00:43 pm »

"LIES!"
If it's a spaceship like I think it is, it would be a bad idea to excavate all of it where it may reactivate.
Sig! Onol

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2014, 06:36:08 pm »

"If it is a spaceship, or any kind of structure really, let's look for a way inside.  Xan, can you see anything that looks like an entrance?  Also, can you shift into, I don't know, a giant ice-resistant mole?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2014, 06:43:09 pm »

I could, but gimme a bit to focus so I don't explode or something. Looking for entrances now, I'll let you know if I see any.
Sig! Onol

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2014, 06:45:46 pm »

"No Xan, turn into a pump. Much more helpful."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2014, 06:46:15 pm »

Stay out of the way. Not like I can use the jackhammer with one hand. although if there is anything I can safely use with one hand, get it and help with excavation.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 08:48:02 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2014, 07:31:50 pm »

Vincent slips on a heater backpack does a quick scan to see if he can see any possible openings close to the surface of the ice
"Anyone want to do a walk around to see if we can find any entrances?"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2014, 07:43:28 pm »

"I'll go with you. Xan, can you turn into a pump? I agree that it would be more helpful than a mole."

Grab the pneumatic jack if I can carry it. Whether or not I can carry it by myself, start scouting out possible entryways. If the only way seems to be through the top, find/begin excavating a way up.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2014, 07:45:22 pm »

A pump? Can you elucidate?
Sig! Onol

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2014, 08:06:47 pm »

"Perfect! Nothing seems to be oustide, but it probably isn't smart to head off somewhere on your own. Man I'm glad I decided to throw that mask on, extra layers is definitely a plus out here. I'm Vincent by the way" Vincent tags along with Doomblade as he scouts around the object

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 08:10:16 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33