Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

1) How should combat work?  2) How should spawning work?

#1 Realistic (ex. stab in the gut is a stab in the gut)
- 28 (31.1%)
#1 Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage)
- 5 (5.6%)
#1 Comical Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage plus has a 75 appear above your head for a few seconds)
- 18 (20%)
#2 Respawn part is done.
- 9 (10%)
#2 Poll has not been reset so combat can continue.
- 11 (12.2%)
#2 However, drop your second vote down here to be fair to early voters for combat.
- 19 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 67

Author Topic: If Forumites were stuck in an RPG... (Act 1: The Adventure Begins...)  (Read 53951 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

"  Can you go back to dealing with that knight you started the fight with, which is what led me to getting these wounds trying to end it?"

Arcvasti grins.
**I'll deal with that.**
Arcvasti just goes to the Cathedral room and goes about chaining his hands together with a spare length of the stuff.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kyle turns to Arcvasti.
"He's wearing a gorget. They're made to prevent that... A knife could slip into the armor and through the rings of his mail though."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Seeing the only other piece of help leave, Zanzetkuken lets out a sign of disappointment and turns to KJ and says, "Just get it over with, then...  I'm not going to be drinking, though."

(Arcvasti, looking at you're post for the room after the Knight's, I have to ask, are you planning a logic puzzle?  If so, I applaud you for giving the first non-combat room besides the starting.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 11:11:30 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"He's wearing a gorget. They're made to prevent that... A knife could slip into the armor and through the rings of his mail though."

**There's a point.**
Arcvasti walks back over to BlitzDungeoneer and borrows the ritual knife. Then he walks back over to the knight room and shanks the mostly helpless knight experimentally a few times.

**Don't seem to be getting anything vital here. I wonder if I could just... Sort of... Reach over and..**

Arcvasti lifts his visor/stabs through the eye slit.
HRRRGLEBURGH
The armour and man? underneath dissolve into air, leaving a helmet with a knife lodged in it lying on the ground.

**That's better. Now I'd best get this back to BlitzDungeoneer. After all, borrowing things and forgetting to return them is RUDE.**
Spooky Signature

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kyle shrugs and puts the helmet on for the time being.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

When the dagger is in the room, a buzzing returns to the skull of Zanzetkuken, which she had felt upon entering the room but passed the further she got from the door.  When the Knight is killed, the buzzing spiking for a second, which causes her to move her dislocated arm by instinct,  forcing her into a silent scream.  When the pain manages to pass, she looks over to Arcvasti and says, "C-could you keep that knife away from me?  It gives me a bad...headache when it is anywhere close to me, and it grows painful when you kill someone with it."

(Wouldn't affect anyone else.  Headache is a side effect of the mark and the magics of the dagger.)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"C-could you keep that knife away from me?  It gives me a bad...headache when it is anywhere close to me, and it grows painful when you kill someone with it."

**hMMMMM. Interesting. I wonder if this knife would cause you additional damage upon exposure? Anyways, I should go give this back.**
Arcvasti goes over and gives it back to BlitzDungeoneer and then returns.

**Out of curiousity, what WAS that knife used for? I'm not sure what hapened in that last room, so it could be a breadknife for all I know.**
Spooky Signature

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

The doorway behind him had slammed shut with a large, menacing steel gate, despite no indication of it existing prior, which caused the pangs of worry to well up in the back of the Propman's head.

Using the greater limits of his willpower to prevent collapsing (he reckoned was likely going to die from mold in a week now that he's been exposed to this place), Propman glanced at the paper door he had knocked down earlier. It was covered in the restroom's filth, and with no ready source of water to wash his hands with, he did not want to risk himself against disease in a realm where there was likely little knowledgeable users of medicine.

"Paper. I need...paper."

Propman reached into his satchel and grabbed the sole book within it, Esbach. A gift from his father it was, dating from when he went to collage to become an engineer, circa 1975. The book was in fair condition, and he had hoped to make it a heirloom, or at very least keep it intact for until he was finished using the thing. With a heavy heart, Propman searched for all the blank pages in the tome he could find, as well as the pages that he hoped would deem non-essential to his endeavors, and tore them out until he had a 10 page stack of pamphlets. He attached the papers to the end of his spear, and edged it towards the voracious hand.

"Gak. Ere's your bloody paper mate, now...Can you tell me how to get out of here?"

The appendage greedily grabbed onto the papers, smearing them with lord-knows what (and making Propman glad he hadn't handed them to it in person) before swiftly descending back into the depths of the toilet in an unnatural flushing motion that surely should have clogged it.

"Yes..."

With the passing of a split seconds, the gate behind the buccaneer lifted up and made the way he entered through open again, while it became apparent that what at a glance appeared to be a very, very dirty mirror was actually a door itself. Propman moved back into the end of the sake cellar, in order to catch his breath in the face of the rotting stench of the public restroom.

╔═══════════════════════════╗
║ You hear a distant scream.║
╚═══════════════════════════╝

« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 11:26:09 pm by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hey, while you talk to her give me a hand popping her shoulder in. Also, this is going to hurt like a bitch so don't panic."
Kyle says walking over to Zan's dislocated shoulder.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hey, while you talk to her give me a hand popping her shoulder in. Also, this is going to hurt like a bitch so don't panic."
Kyle says walking over to Zan's dislocated shoulder.

**Sure.**
Arcvasti does the shoulder popping in thing, under Kyle's more experienced guidence.
Spooky Signature

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

His job being to make sure it goes right. Kyle's job is pushing it in. It is in fact really painful.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

(For the record, I'd have objected IC to killing him. A gorget does not prevent chains from binding his hands, it prevents you from strangling or getting to his throat.))
((Btw, that helmet is full of knight vomit, just to warn you))

"Hopefully we can find another of those blue potions soon. Check her wrist thing to see if she's got any internal injuries."

HugoLuman looks at the smelly helmet that the drunken Kyle plopped on his head. "Marked one, cursed one, and false one... I wonder which of us he meant with those?"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Marked one, cursed one, and false one... I wonder which of us he meant with those?"

**I'm thinking Kyle would be false one, considering his false duplicates. Not sure about the rest. Not sure about the rest.**
Spooky Signature

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Zanzetkuken lets out a near earsplitting scream as her vision goes red.  I continues for a couple of seconds after KJ and Arcvasti finish getting the bone set, tears welling up and falling down her face.  She curls up into a ball, leaning against the wall, until the moist blood coming from her leg reminds her to stretch it out.  Out of the corner of her eye, she notices she gave Arcvasti a slight nick on the side, barely enough to draw blood, but some still coming, due to the blade having still been extended when the arm was set.  Despite having heard Hugo's question before the resetting of the arm, she doesn't show the mark just yet.  She does unextend the blade, the mark still being hidden by the gauntlet portion she extended out earlier that would normally be used to prevent the blade from injuring the user's hand.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I told you to drink... Well, more for fixing you up."
Kyle pours some sake on one of the makeshift bandages humming as he collects the others. He starts cleaning Zan's wounds, the alcohol stinging slightly as he does so before binding them and giving Zan a pat on the head.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 67