Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

1) How should combat work?  2) How should spawning work?

#1 Realistic (ex. stab in the gut is a stab in the gut)
- 28 (31.1%)
#1 Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage)
- 5 (5.6%)
#1 Comical Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage plus has a 75 appear above your head for a few seconds)
- 18 (20%)
#2 Respawn part is done.
- 9 (10%)
#2 Poll has not been reset so combat can continue.
- 11 (12.2%)
#2 However, drop your second vote down here to be fair to early voters for combat.
- 19 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 67

Author Topic: If Forumites were stuck in an RPG... (Act 1: The Adventure Begins...)  (Read 53952 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

((It is still a sword though so it's easy like to slip it on it's side... and he did move the slashing weapon so it's near his armpit... he should be getting some type of fucked up right now.))
((Mail shirt. Bear in mind that armor can't protect from itself, no matter what it can withstand.))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

[[Less grumbling about tankiness of knight, more pummeling. At least he's harder to take down the the oni was, so we're getting better at balancing these things.]]
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

((I thought it was assumed that it was slipped under the mail as well when I said he slipped it under the dudes armor.))

Kyle being pissed about the dude taking his sword starts jumping on him in a drunken rage.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I figured we'd be able to handle an unarmed knight, if we worked together. Realistically at least one or two of us would be fucked if he'd had a weapon, so I figured this would be the most interesting way))

"You cheating bastards!"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"We have numbers and weapons you get near impenetrable armor! NOW TAKE THE BEATING LIKE THE BITCH YOU ARE!!!"
Kyle says jumping harder with every word.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You cheating bastards!"

**If you'd wanted a fair fight, you'd have stripped off that armour first. But you didn't. And we don't have any other choice. Sorry.**
Arcvasti then tries to get his fingers under the helmet so he can wrench it off.
Spooky Signature

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Enough!" The knight manages to roll over, putting HugoLuman under kyle's next jump and almost shaking Arc off. "Oof! ...quick...jump again!"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kyle jumps again before going and kicking the knights helmet to make an awful clanging sound.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

**OOFH! WHY WON"T YOU JUST DIE!**
Arcvasti, having had his shillelagh knocked away from him by the knights thrashing, takes out his ourobouros book and starts bashing the embossed side into the knights helmet, producing a horrible metal on metal clang.
Spooky Signature

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"No motle.. can.. beat..em...me! Not marked one, not cursed one, not false one!...ugh"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I AM NOT A MOTLE YOU BLACK CUNT! i AM GOING TO CUT OFF YOUR HEAD AND IT IT AND THEN USE YOUR MUTILATED BODY AS A URINAL BEFORE TAKING A DUMP ON IT AND SMEARING YOU WITH TI!!"

Kyle continues to drukenly rage.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

"I AM NOT A MOTLE YOU BLACK CUNT! i AM GOING TO CUT OFF YOUR HEAD AND IT IT AND THEN USE YOUR MUTILATED BODY AS A URINAL BEFORE TAKING A DUMP ON IT AND SMEARING YOU WITH TI!!"

(...on another note:

Here's the map, as best as I can figure it out.  I went back through the room introductions to plot it out, though there are some modifications where a some doors were screwed up as leading to two different places.  I'll add in permissions to edit to those who send me a message with their g-mail accounts and something along the lines of 'Add permission to edit the google drive diagram with this email'.

Edit: Added links to the first appearance of the rooms.)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 09:33:11 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Someone get the door!"

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6bm9ev_6og

Propman spent the next ten minutes scouring the starting room. The bridges appeared to be built out of some sort of plywood with a thin veneer of boards placed on top, while the room appeared to be carved of solid stone, in stark contrast to the mostly solid concrete hall ahead. There was a large pool of clear water bellow that flowed in from an unkown source. He poked at the surface with the blunt tip of his spear, and it rippled. He attempted to take a smell at the water, and it reeked of...some sort of chemical. He wasn't exactuly sure if it was safe to drink, but luckily enough, he had a full canteen of water on board so he wouldn't have to test that thought for a while. He looked back at the large platform he had landed on, and then to the object it gave him.

"Please select your class."

"Crikey. I have three different theories as to what this could possibly mean, and only one of them leads to the assumption that this is a dream..."

The young man had talked to himself out loud, partially to keep himself from going any less sane than already needed, and partially to keep himself on focus.

The Propman thought about what his ultimate choice would be. On one hand, there was a chance that such a choice would be ultimately meaningless beyond what would be written on his virtual gravestone in the case he were to... well, in the case that such a thing would be needed, yet on the other there might be a chance where choosing the wrong class would make him lose the ability to run while eating or some other idiotic RPG mechanic that he was increasingly suspecting was playing a role in his current situation.

"I -I guess I'm a Privateer, then?"

He was dressed the part, and damn near everybody referred to him as one anyways, even though his actual profession was that of an Ebay mechanical parts salesman. Pirates shot, stabbed, and generally used anything, so there was likely nothing in the dungeon that he'd be fully locked out of using if it came to such, at least he hoped.

"PROPMAN. Level 1 Privateer (0/5 encounters to next level). Enjoy your adventure. "

A device that had suddenly attached to his arm made a pinging noise, and he shivered, tucking the sleeve of his greatcoat over it so as to not ruin the look of his getup. He adjusted his hat and looked at his reflection in the water to make sure that he had his full 16 points of charisma that the D&D stat giver prescribed him showing, hoping that whatever he was liable to run into could be negotiated with. After a few more minutes of making sure the visible part of his hair was groomed to the standard position, he began marching onward, careful as to not make any loud noises while he browsed the area, discernible as a single hall now that he had a better look of the place. The corridor was a decrepit concrete tube, its walls, ceiling, and floor rather rough and loaded with cracks, while the only sources of light were coming from the room before him and the one ahead.

Stepping in, the smells of fluids that he did not want to smell overcame him, as did the grizzly scene of a bunch of naked children? corpses lying on the floor. They appeared to be terribly misshapen prior to being slewn in the brief glimpse that Propman got of them before gagging, and he quickly darted toward the north (or, from his point of view, east) most door and slammed it shut as soon as possible. In there, he discovered yet another bloody vista; A crimson, horned giant had been sliced apart in an alcohol cellar as if it were some sort of cattle, with the iron scent of its blood filling the room. Though unpleasant, it was far more bearable then the latter scene, and a closer examination had revealed it to have been felled rather recently, the beast still emanating body heat.

A shiver went up Propman's spine as he pondered who could be tough enough to kill someone of such girth and brute strength, and he held his weapon tight to himself. He wiped the sweat from his brows and thought of his next action.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 09:52:20 pm by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Someone get the door!"

[[Not sure what you mean by that.]]
Spooky Signature
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 67