Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

1) How should combat work?  2) How should spawning work?

#1 Realistic (ex. stab in the gut is a stab in the gut)
- 28 (31.1%)
#1 Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage)
- 5 (5.6%)
#1 Comical Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage plus has a 75 appear above your head for a few seconds)
- 18 (20%)
#2 Respawn part is done.
- 9 (10%)
#2 Poll has not been reset so combat can continue.
- 11 (12.2%)
#2 However, drop your second vote down here to be fair to early voters for combat.
- 19 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 67

Author Topic: If Forumites were stuck in an RPG... (Act 1: The Adventure Begins...)  (Read 53962 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

"Open that door while he's pinned!"

"Icantae eachnevery onufyeh...Wait, no!"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kyle tries to pull off the black knights gauntlet. Should he succeed he starts pitting off fingers.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

**Oh, OK. I wonder if I could just sort of. Walk over and. Just sort of.**
Arcvasti stops sitting on the knight and opens the door he was guarding.

**Not sure what I`m supposed to do with this, since we need to w8 on Sir Just-A-Flesh-Wound to shuffle off this immortal coil before we can go through, but I suppose I could look ahead and see what`s in the next room.**

[[I'll describe the next room in a few minutes.]]
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

(More google docs.  This time, a tracker for Inventory and Current Appearance)

**Oh, OK. I wonder if I could just sort of. Walk over and. Just sort of.**
Arcvasti stops sitting on the knight and opens the door he was guarding.

**Not sure what I`m supposed to do with this, since we need to w8 on Sir Just-A-Flesh-Wound to shuffle off this immortal coil before we can go through, but I suppose I could look ahead and see what`s in the next room.**

"Wait! could yo-" Zanzetkuken begins to say before a major surge of pain from the dislocated shoulder hits, once it is over she continues , "Could you help me out here?"
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The knight hears the door open. "ENOUUUUUUGH!" Managing to plant his palms on the ground, he pushes himself up, dislodging both the hangers on. "Oi! Oh..."

He falls to his knees, and what appears to be vomit comes out from under his helmet. "Fffie... Alright...Jus...gi..." He falls over.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kyle removes the helmet before taking his sword and executing the guy.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The helmet seems strapped on.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kyle doesn't stop trying to remove it. He is somewhat drunk.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(I'm gonna go for a bit, but if you manage to kill him somehow, him and all his armor dissolves but the helmet. Also, that's a bit psycho.)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

"Wait! could yo-" Zanzetkuken begins to say before a major surge of pain from the dislocated shoulder hits, once it is over she continues , "Could you help me out here?"

**Not sure how one would go about fixing a dislocated shoulder. Maybe HugoLuman or Sentient Bowtie are more knowledgeable about these things. I'll just take a peek through the door.**

**Maybe I'll w8 on going through that door for the time being...**

EDIT: [[Does this count as another room for the porpoises of leveling up? I'm going to assume so.]]

MOAR EDITZ:
Arcvasti walks over and retrieves his shillelagh from the ground.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 10:37:11 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

EDIT: [[Does this count as another room for the porpoises of leveling up? I'm going to assume so.]]

(A room counts once it's cleared.  No one is going to level up after this room, though.  Five rooms have been discovered, but I solo'd one by releasing a dragon, so the maximum xp is 4, after this room.)

**Not sure how one would go about fixing a dislocated shoulder. Maybe HugoLuman or Sentient Bowtie are more knowledgeable about these things. I'll just take a peek through the door.**

"It's not-  It's not just a broken shoulder," Zanzetkuken says, using her head to gesture towards the cut on her mid-thigh and the broken skin behind her left shoulder, wincing with each movement, beginning to reach the point of tears from pain.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 10:42:10 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kyle stops his sadistic acts and walks over to Zan and hands her his other bottle of Sake.
"Drink about half of this, the other is going to disinfect."
Kyle takes off his shirt after setting down the bottle and cuts it into vaguely bandage like strips.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Zanzetkuken shuffles back a couple inches, after the wave of pain passes, she says, "I would prefer someone who is completely sober to be bandaging my wounds.  Can you go back to dealing with that knight you started the fight with, which is what led me to getting these wounds trying to end it?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You still need that should popped back into place. And I already ruined my shirt so just do what I said. It's not like I'm to drunk to do simple things like this..."

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

Propman was getting tired of the stench of oni blood. He thought of his current options; move towards the path of open doors that he got a brief glance at, possibly moving him towards a pack of hostile foes that could kill a man over ten times his size, or move through a small paper door he had discovered, possibly leading him into a pack of hostiles that could kill a man his size. He fingered through the bottles and sniffed them; most of them reeked of alcohol, and not the sort of alcohol he'd want to do anything with other then burn as a heat source; After all, only a fool would drink themselves during such a perilous situation, he reasoned. He grabbed one of the bottles nevertheless, and hefted it like he would a grenade.

"Hope you don't mind, mate."

The dead oni lifelessly gazed at him, though one could interpenetrate it as staring at a mad man that would talk to a corpse.

Propman threw the bottle at the door, which caused it to dent and deform. He tossed another, and another, and another, until the door flew off of its frame and revealed the confines from behind it.

Imagine the average public restroom of a gas station, with all the cheerful little graffiti and the sinks that have long since rusted over beyond use. Now, imagine if said public restroom also had zero ventilation, was filthy enough that moss grew on it in spite of the fact that it was potentially hundreds of feet bellow the earth, and had what Propman could only presume to be a corpse stuffed into the commode. What Propman saw was a sight so revolting in both sight and scent, that he nearly fainted on the spot, the smell overpowering even the stench of the dead oni as it caused him to gag and cough as though he had asthma. He tried to get a hold of himself as tears welled and dropped from his eyes as though they were subject to being punched.

Taking the side of his greatcoat and applying it over his mouth and nose, Propman attempted to advance, but was stopped when a sound started to emanate from within the toilet.

"Pa-Pa-Pa-Paper, please!"

A disembodied hand lurched from the outward edges of the disgusting contraption's seat, gripping in the pirate's general direction, as if beckoning him.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 67