Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 84

Author Topic: Hephaestus No Longer Exists: Crater thread.  (Read 188367 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Hephaestus Techland: Big Brother is Watching
« Reply #645 on: October 04, 2014, 12:22:27 pm »

((I'm waiting on Pyro, more or less. I could start writing an essay on the proposed functions of the MACS system, if you really want it.
In the meantime, let's do at least something.))

Anton Chernozorov

Assign a Science crew to the task of creating an automanip-less plasma weapon. The basic design would probably involve using a metallic slug as the plasma source, which would be plasmarized by an array of magnetrons and high-current electric arcs, then contained within a spheroid magnetic field for a short while until its temperature reaches maximum containable levels, and then expelled via a gauss coil, creating a short-lived but very destructive jet of plasma. The jet would be constrained for the first foot or two by magnetoplasmadynamic effects, penetrating armor at a concentrated point, and would then disperse and deal further damage inside the target.

Let the crew try to make it work, then try to make it as small as they can. Something that fits to the arm of a battlesuit would be pretty damn good, but something that'd fit to the arm of an Avatar is acceptable as well.

When you say a foot or two, you mean a foot or two from the barrel or from impact? I'd not sure if this is a shotgun or a rifle. I'm not terribly up on my plasma physics.

((I'm less waiting for Pyro, and more bogged down by... well, I'm not sure what to do.  It's not that I don't have lots and lots of ideas, I just that don't know which I should get on now.  Also, I already went for a long while not having to check or really pay attention to this, so I got out of the groove.  Also, I'm exhausted.))

ACTIONS!

1.SEND THIS TEXT TO THE DOCTOR.  FATHER OF NIGHTMARES BE DAMNED, IF SIMUS OVERRULES ME, JUST SHOOT HER IGNORE HER.  I want it done so much.
Quote from: From Hephaestus Command to The Doctor

Recently, the clone that Xan had stored here was awoken.  His abilities are quite interesting, and you are supposedly the one who gifted him with them.

You were very helpful with building Fleshpits here, and we have already produced a sizeable force of sod soldiers thanks to your efforts.  However, it still takes a long time for a full sod to be grown using them- Do you think it would be possible to improve, supplement, or replace the fleshpits using Xan's abilities?  He is fully capable of producing an entire body in mere minutes, given sufficient materials.

Another question is whether his flesh needs a direct connection to an organic brain to function; could one create a flesh form that changes shape based on the commands of a computer, or a braincase like those that we use in robotic bodies?  And if not, could a sod's brain be modified to control flesh like Xan, or is the process so inherently complex that it requires a fully functional human brain?

If the answer to the previous questions is that a fully flesh brain is needed, do you think we could construct the needed material using a Biochemical Forge?  And would it have any chance of damaging said Forge?

Of course, the most important question is whether any of these ideas are wise.  Xan's abilities could of course be quite dangerous.  We would like you to explain any possible dangers inherent to utilizing Xan's abilities.  Also, do you have any knowledge or ideas about some form of weapon that would be particularly effective against something like him?

2.You said I didn't need to kill ten sods.  I was only doing that in case there was a roll or something, just in case.  If there's no risk of defects or anything, and our sods are all pretty much identical, then yeah, just kill one.  I already marked it down.

3.You said the copying would be done in a couple of days.  If that meant, two, then it's done.  Start churning out them sod brains.

4.A Fleshpit effectively creates five sod brains a day- 50 per batch, a batch every tenth day.  You said the forge would be even faster, so how fast is it exactly?  You have never specified in the past.

5.If it is faster, assign a construction crew to building a new Biochemical Forge.

6.Start the expansion of our newest Fleshpit.  If fleshpits are faster than BC Fs, then assign the construction crew to this instead.

7.If this turn is processed on/after Oct. 3rd, then we have the interplanetary construction ships.  Assign two crews to building the rassum frassum spess magick facility on some distant moon.

----

8.The old shock gloves that I had designed with the Testament- were they hit by the nerfbat too?  Can I do stuff with them, or are they really expensive/really weak now?

9.What are we doing with the sods?  I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be off-Heph, buut... where should I put them on the wiki?  Are they even considered gone yet?

Inaction fluff:
Quote from: From STE Officer Steve Saint to Operative Flint Westwood, and Hephaestus Command
Thank you for your suggestion.  I have reviewed your footage and tests, and I have decided that, while you have an interesting idea, wiring the weapon directly into a ship's power supply is too dangerous to try without further experiments.  It seems like that weapon has some form of intelligence inherent to it, judging by the fact that it interfaced with your Battlesuit so effectively, so we have no idea what it might do to a capital ship.  For all we know, it could wrest control for itself, although that seems unlikely.  Further, it's power draw seems unusually optimized for the amount available to it while attached to the battlesuit--It could draw more when wired into the ship, and that would be very dangerous.

That being said, I think I speak for everyone on Hephaestus when I say we'd be happy if you were to ship that weapon to us.  I can think of a number of interesting experiments to try on it, and we might be able to replicate the device.  I wish Steve had simply left all those misunderstood artifacts with us.  I think he didn't for political reasons--judging by some of the artifacts, I'm fairly certain the scientists who were supposed to examine them would simply decide "Nope, not touching that" and mark it with some symbol that nobody would understand, because nobody would discover their negligence.  Then, when the time came to ship the boxes here, they convinced Steve to not send them, because we're the first people who have posed a risk of uncovering them.  Lazy hacks.

Anyways, yes, please send the device here at your earliest convenience.
You get a rather cryptic reply from the doctor.

Are there any former inmates in your facility that are still human? As in have their original organic bodies?

Killing one!

Assume the forge is churning out 30 a day, and that they are available immediately. It could be modified to go faster, if thats all you want it to do.

They could modify it to go faster, though it would lose strength in other areas to do so.

Expansion ho. Assume it starts now and then we'll retroactively include any days that are taken up by the following question: What do you want the expansion to do? Just give you more sods, right?

Two of three crews now at work on the Space Magic station, placing it on one of the Far moons of a planet away from heph. This is going to take a long while, and need some different work at different stages, but we'll get started on the basic facility construction right now. We well, at some point, need some unmodified, human germ cells, of a fair variety, to get things going.

Electrified gloves? I see nothing too OP about them. Go for it.

I don't know...I assumed a good number of them had been shipped to the Sword for usage by Miya and for leaving behind where we need em.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 04, 2014, 12:37:11 pm »

Anton Chernozorov

When you say a foot or two, you mean a foot or two from the barrel or from impact? I'd not sure if this is a shotgun or a rifle. I'm not terribly up on my plasma physics.

From the barrel. Basically, it's a melee weapon. Like a... well, like an ungodly-powerful blowtorch that can only work for a split second at a time, taped to a big robot's fist and used as a punch dagger.

It's pretty certain that right now we can't recreate the free-floating plasmaball without automanips, we need more research for that, and probably that lab. But we can make a melee-range plasma-based armor penetrator that will work on anything. I call it a Plasma Stake.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 12:39:55 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 04, 2014, 09:01:54 pm »

((Ask him if you can use Grate.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 06, 2014, 04:27:41 pm »

Two of three crews now at work on the Space Magic station, placing it on one of the Far moons of a planet away from heph. This is going to take a long while, and need some different work at different stages, but we'll get started on the basic facility construction right now. We well, at some point, need some unmodified, human germ cells, of a fair variety, to get things going.

((I'd seriously advise you two (aka the two people actively posting here right now) to start planning the later stages so that this thing will be done asap. No spess magic means no real fleet production, nor new exotic weapons/synthflesh. This is a real bottleneck for a lot of potential projects.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 06, 2014, 09:22:17 pm »

Heph stuff:

1.First, uh, did you have your committee of fair people look at those numbers for the Biochemical forge first?  I mean, you nerfed brain fleshpits from five hundred a month to a hundred and fifty a month, and now these make nine hundred a month.  And they cost the same amount of time.

2.Due to that, I'm assuming there's actually something really bad about them.  Ask ARESTEVE what the disadvantage of sod clones is.

3.Ask a research team to think about it.  Just in case ARESTEVE doesn't have the full picture.  When will they finish?

4.Umm, can I have a timeframe on when the work that can be done on the amp facility will be done?  I'd rather not tie up two construction crews for a year because they were waiting for a bunch of germ cells.

5.Yes, I just want another Biochemical forge, identical to the current one.  I'd rather not shut the current one down, so we're just building another.

6.Finally, the answer to the Doctor:

Yes, several.  Assuming you mean that we could convert one of them into something like Xan, would there be a way to remove their individuality, or any ill will towards us, without removing their ability?  Such as through organochemistry overrider psychokinetic amplifiers?

Tinker stuff:

7.Look at Anton's Spectr laser.  Remove the generator, and redesign the grip to take power from my shock gloves.  I'd think that wouldn't increase the cost, because the genner should take a token of the gun's price.  Is that too munchkinny?

8.Same thing with the standard lasrifle, except it doesn't have a gen, so I'd think this one would end up costing an extra token.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: October 07, 2014, 10:32:45 am »

((Good lord, this is going to end up looking like a turn post. Also, LAAAATE - sorry, university is a timesink even with a seemingly large amount of free time.))

Charles sends all the data to his Commanding Officers.
Quote from: C. Leroux > Commanding Officers stationed at Hephaestus
Through investigations of my own, I have determined that it is possible to modify the production lines for robotic bodies as to allow remote control by sod brains through Saint's program within a certain close proximity.

The main advantage of this is that any squad that happens to carry such a brain unit would be able to have any robotic unit act as an efficient conventional weapons user regardless of what their personal specialties are. Of course, the sod brain has no sense of self-preservation, but it is generally preferable to have an effective soldier than a non-combatant, or an incapacitated liability. Although this requires empirical verification, I believe it may also be possible for a psychokinetic amplifier user to continue utilizing their weapon whilst their body is controlled, so provided they are able to protect themselves well enough, they could become rather lethal combatants.

A secondary advantage is that such a system would be compatible with the peripherals of the 'Pawn' Suppressive Fire Entity, the prototype weapon I am currently armed with. This means that such a weapon may be deployed as a turret and remotely operated by the brain unit should such a need arise. Whilst only one such instance of this weapon exists, I have determined that the weapon itself and the peripherals are mostly independent of one another. That is, the peripherals, with little modification and the inclusion of a trigger-pulling system, would be capable of being attached to virtually any infantry portable firearm with recoil that is low enough as to not propel the weapon or turret stand free from its position.

It is thereby with the promise shown by system that I submit my findings and test data in the hopes that they, if not the product they were intended for, prove to be useful to our cause.

Quote from: Simus>Charles
Whilst I appreciate the work, I must question the utility. I doubt many of us in cybernetic bodies would appreciate being controlled like that, if that is what this is about. Also, we have a prisoner who is long been unattended to. Would you please go see to him?

Quote from: Flint Westwood. To: Magister Simus
Dear Simus,

How are things in Hephaestus? I hope everything is going well. We are going to need everything you can give us if we are going to have a chance of winning this war. Thankfully, we have yet to go to any missions against the UWM, so we have yet to see how they have chosen to prepare their troops for facing us. I bet that when we do, it will be an "interesting" experience for all involved parties. Especially if there is spaceship combat involved.

Speaking of which, there was something I wanted to talk to you about. After talking with Steve and searching around in Tinker and on the Internet, I found information pertaining to a Titan Super-carrier. According to Steve, those super-carriers are capable of transporting a Titan as well as many other combat and support troops on the target planet. I would also assume that they have very heavy armour and armaments. Steve said there is only one derelict super-carrier left, although he did not say where it was.

I think it would be a good idea to investigate the derelict. If we repaired it, it would be a great boon to our offensive capabilities, since it would give us the ability to deploy massive numbers of troops and even Titans (if we ever build one) on enemy worlds. Even if it is beyond repair or if it is deemed too expensive to repair, we could always cut it to pieces and transform those into smaller individual ships or just salvage it for the raw materials or to prevent the enemy from doing the same. I was unable to recover more information, mostly due to the fact that most information on the subject is restricted for me. I was hoping that someone in a position of power like you would be able to investigate further, maybe even send a few probes or a small team to investigate.

Anyway, we are in orbit above Kano right now, a small planet which does not have the level of technology or resources to render it important to the war effort. Still, there were a few things Steve deemed important on the surface, so he sent three teams down to investigate. I was not chosen for any of the missions, since they decided it would be better if we kept a low profile. And Gilgamesh is not exactly low profile. Mostly new recruits were chosen, which means they will gain some experience, so that's a plus. I just hope everything goes well.

Enclosed, you will find some plans for a monoatomic drill. It's rather expensive and prone to breaking, but it can drill through things insanely fast. Perhaps it would be useful if we ever wanted to quickly bypass the enemy's defences to reach an underground bunker or the core of some sort of asteroid base.

I also did some research on using the Abyss Sand and Energy Absorbent Hexes from the Wastes of Time as spaceship armour. Nothing important, but you might want to have someone look into that. If we are able to manufacture them cheaply, they would be far better than the armour we have now. Just keep in mind that the sand slowly grows, so over large periods of time, it may require some maintenance (i.e. someone shaving off the excess sand or some sort of automated system that does the same) since it will use any energy it gets to grow. And it would probably be too expensive to isolate the sand from all the radiation you find in space.

Hope to hear good news from you soon.

Best wishes,
Flint Westwood.

Quote from: Simus > Flint
I do not believe that missions like that are within our jurisdiction. That kind of thing is what the Sword, ships like it, and the convicts-turned-soldiers aboard them are for. Our job is to supply them all, and produce new things to supply them with.

As for the drill, it's fairly limited utility but I'll keep it in mind. And I think that that application for the materials recovered from the planetoid were already fairly straightforward - we're planning on further research anyways.

Quote from: Michael Bayson to Simus
Greetings! I am messaging you to send you the designs for a high-powered piece of portable artillery I created. I call it the Jackhammer Railcannon, and it's the final word for when you absolutely need to kill every motherfucker in the room-short of using nukes or amps that is. Testing and prototpying would be appreciated, if you could please. Sincerely, Michael Bayson.

Quote from: Commissary Simulacrus > Michael Bayson
Prototyping is out of the question, and you'll more than likely never see it stocked. It's just too much of a niche weapon - I think you'll notice nobody even uses gauss cannons, much less LESHO rifles and even less what amounts to a fully-automatic LESHO without the guidance package. Especially with the cost, it's just not going to happen.

-MACS MWOGT snip-

Quote from: Simus > Anton
You're talking to an engineer and project lead by former profession, you know? I would ask Steve, he is the one who set the whole token system up in the first place. I would agree with you, though.

Quote from: Milno to Simus
Did that brat manage to get himself killed with that power source already? I told him that thing was dangerous and it'd probably be best off with me so I could talk with it. In case he did find out something useful, I guess that's something though.

Quote from: Simus > Milno
Yes and no. He did manage to find out that attempting to seriously touch it will cause it to kill you, and I quote from the autopsy, "resembles an electrical burn which has rendered most of the important bits quite dead.  Completely unrecoverable.  As you've seen, there's no outward signs of any damage- both his skull and skin are completely pristine." He popped back up about the same time it burned him, with no memory of the incident. Recovered him, haven't heard from him since.

And yes, you can have it back. I've got it locked down in a test chamber, so nobody's messed with it since Grate did, and I'll send it on the next supply run. Do try not to repeat his mistake.

Quote from: From STE Officer Steve Saint to Hephaestus Administrator Simulacrum Ferratum-Inanis
Hello, Simus.  I remember that after we awoke Xan, after I asked him some questions, you suggested that I simply ask the Doctor about the possibility of replicating him, and any dangers.  Thus, I have prepared the attached message to send to him.  I would like you to review it, and sanction it before I send it.  I would hate to send something, and only afterwards find out that it broke some rule.

Please remember, I do not intend to act upon any of this without your permission and extreme caution.  This message is intended to assess if the idea is even feasible, and what risks are involved.

Recently, the clone that Xan had stored here was awoken.  His abilities are quite interesting, and you are supposedly the one who gifted him with them.

You were very helpful with building Fleshpits here, and we have already produced a sizeable force of sod soldiers thanks to your efforts.  However, it still takes a long time for a full sod to be grown using them- Do you think it would be possible to improve, supplement, or replace the fleshpits using Xan's abilities?  He is fully capable of producing an entire body in mere minutes, given sufficient materials.

Another question is whether his flesh needs a direct connection to an organic brain to function; could one create a flesh form that changes shape based on the commands of a computer, or a braincase like those that we use in robotic bodies?  And if not, could a sod's brain be modified to control flesh like Xan, or is the process so inherently complex that it requires a fully functional human brain?

If the answer to the previous questions is that a fully flesh brain is needed, do you think we could construct the needed material using a Biochemical Forge?  And would it have any chance of damaging said Forge?

Of course, the most important question is whether any of these ideas are wise.  Xan's abilities could of course be quite dangerous.  We would like you to explain any possible dangers inherent to utilizing Xan's abilities.  Also, do you have any knowledge or ideas about some form of weapon that would be particularly effective against something like him?

Quote from: Simus > Saint
Yes, that's fine. You don't really need to send messages you want to send to the Doctor, or whomever, to me first. I appreciate you considering that, though.

-HESF BGWOT snip-

I'm curious as to what you want to be needing such a facility for? I can see plenty of use for it, but it's not a top priority. There are other things we need to get built too, like the manipulator facility.

Quote from: From Miyamoto De Bergerac to Overseer Simus

Dear Simus,

I contact you with a request for formally adding something to the armory. The weapon in question is the universal chem thrower, a combination of Pancaek’s namite thrower and my goop thrower.

The weapon itself is a simple thing, just a device for throwing liquid chemicals out at high speeds. The pressure comes from the ammo tanks, though there is a secondary small cannister with pressurized gas to clean out the tubing after a shot. While I might be looking into developing new payloads, right now there are two things available, both of them extensively field-tested and found useful. I might be able to tinker up other chemical mixtures later on, but for now I think this’ll do nicely.

1) Namite, a mixture of a napalm-like substance with a high-temperature thermite. This gives us a liquid that can stick to targets somewhat (in part due to it’s viscosity) and burn at almost irresponsible temperatures. Hot enough to melt buildings and robots.
Here’s a short list of situations the namite thrower displayed it’s usefulness on missions:
-melted a murderbot on M7
-Cleared a whole level of enemies during Hep assault (M11)
-destroyed a pursuing police force on M14

2) Sticky goop, a system where mixing two solutions gives an expanding, sticky goop that traps and immobilises targets non-lethally. Every cannister also comes with a secondary small spray bottle of dissolvant. It saw use on M14 where it:
-temporarily restrained a possesed Faith
-allowed capturing a cultist alive
-restrained a possessed teammate without hurting him

Hoping to hear from you with your opinion on this.

Was signed,

Miyamoto de Bergerac

Quote from: Simus > Miyamoto
Yes, that's good. I'll have Aresteve queue up enough to stock the Sword's armory for a while, along with your two solutions. Good job on that - it's simple, but very multipurpose (and effective, if those reports are anything to go by).

Quote from: Flint
-Rainbow-coloured snip-

Quote from: Comissary Simus > Flint Westwood
No offense, but I agree with Saint - something like that is best attempted back here, especially if we can figure out how to replicate it, or even just parts of it. I understand it's integrated itself into your battlesuit, which is a point of concern for me - what else it might be able to integrate into, but if you were to agree to send it here, I'm sure a temporary replacement battlesuit could be sent to you. As for you coming yourself, I have to decline - coming here is a rather large proposition, especially as even a temporary stay is quite long-term, and just to test one artifact because it's attached itself to your equipment isn't much to alleviate that.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 07, 2014, 10:45:27 am »

((Hey pyro, glad you're not dead in a ditch somewhere! You had us worried for a minute...))
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 07, 2014, 12:20:14 pm »

((Nice to finally see you back, Pyro. :)))

Anton Chernozorov

-MACS MWOGT snip-

You're talking to an engineer and project lead by former profession, you know? I would ask Steve, he is the one who set the whole token system up in the first place. I would agree with you, though.

"Oh, good. I'll start work on the basic system then, and we'll see how well it's received after we send a prototype or two to be tested. I'll be basing the MACS line on your MCP suit, so that the whole thing is more of a direct upgrade like the standard Mk series."

-HESF BGWOT snip-

I'm curious as to what you want to be needing such a facility for? I can see plenty of use for it, but it's not a top priority. There are other things we need to get built too, like the manipulator facility.

"Well, if you'd asked me earlier, I would've said it has priority because we have the manpower to build it and the constructor ships for the heavy orbital construction weren't ready yet. Now, though, that ship has sailed. Both of 'em. Construction of the manipulator facility is underway now, and we've got no free construction crews, and no free construction ships.

As to why it's actually important to me, I have a few ideas for highly complex, yet potentially very dangerous devices. That sort of goes without saying. A lab that has enough equipment to manufacture such devices, enough dedicated power supply to energize them, and enough free space around it to test them, is exactly what I need. VR is useless when you're trying to go beyond known physics.
"

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #653 on: October 07, 2014, 12:28:49 pm »

Anton Chernozorov

From the barrel. Basically, it's a melee weapon. Like a... well, like an ungodly-powerful blowtorch that can only work for a split second at a time, taped to a big robot's fist and used as a punch dagger.

It's pretty certain that right now we can't recreate the free-floating plasmaball without automanips, we need more research for that, and probably that lab. But we can make a melee-range plasma-based armor penetrator that will work on anything. I call it a Plasma Stake.

Sounds fine to me! Battle suit and Avatar only, arm mounted rather then carried and can either be single shot with replaceable "Cartridges" or have an attached battery pack that is bigger and more obvious but allows for 5 shots before reload.

Heph stuff:

1.First, uh, did you have your committee of fair people look at those numbers for the Biochemical forge first?  I mean, you nerfed brain fleshpits from five hundred a month to a hundred and fifty a month, and now these make nine hundred a month.  And they cost the same amount of time.

2.Due to that, I'm assuming there's actually something really bad about them.  Ask ARESTEVE what the disadvantage of sod clones is.

3.Ask a research team to think about it.  Just in case ARESTEVE doesn't have the full picture.  When will they finish?

4.Umm, can I have a timeframe on when the work that can be done on the amp facility will be done?  I'd rather not tie up two construction crews for a year because they were waiting for a bunch of germ cells.

5.Yes, I just want another Biochemical forge, identical to the current one.  I'd rather not shut the current one down, so we're just building another.

6.Finally, the answer to the Doctor:

Yes, several.  Assuming you mean that we could convert one of them into something like Xan, would there be a way to remove their individuality, or any ill will towards us, without removing their ability?  Such as through organochemistry overrider psychokinetic amplifiers?

Tinker stuff:

7.Look at Anton's Spectr laser.  Remove the generator, and redesign the grip to take power from my shock gloves.  I'd think that wouldn't increase the cost, because the genner should take a token of the gun's price.  Is that too munchkinny?

8.Same thing with the standard lasrifle, except it doesn't have a gen, so I'd think this one would end up costing an extra token.

1.Ah, in the end it doesn't really matter. There's a resource cap on this stuff and eventually more sods will mean less other things. So you can produce them quicker but it still "costs" the same and if the other people ever start using resources on their own projects of significant size you're gonna have to slow things down.

2. Nothing much really. Well, nothing you don't already know.

3.The research team points out that right now these sods all have no commander and spend their time standing around.

4. Well, stage one will be done on November 3rd. Then we're gonna have to start manufacturing the containment system, which, I suggest, you get lots of people to work on and lots of quality control. It's very important, after all. You're gonna need to import some manipulators and systems to even create the thing, and also you're gonna need to gather...oh...a few planetary masses worth of raw material for the field. So thats gonna need some gravity tugs or something similar. And an automanip to condense the matter when you bring it in and...oh, well it's very complex. And if there are any mistakes you all die. Fun eh?

5. How many of these build crews are working right now? I feel like there are lots doing lots of things...Anyways, how long did it take to build this first one, with build crews I think?

Get one. One you don't care about.

7. Seems fine to me. I forget the power of your generator, so it might not be quite as quick to fire, but I don't see why I wouldn't work.

8. Also seems fine.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 07, 2014, 05:17:48 pm »

Yeah, that doesn't make sense. Seeing as how a forge is much more versatile, while a fleshpit it more focused for a single thing, it should be the opposite.

PW, would you be willing to change this, or rather just ignore it? Maybe lower forge to 500, and boost pits to 1000? Hep players, what do you think about this?

Yes, that's good. I'll have Aresteve queue up enough to stock the Sword's armory for a while, along with your two solutions. Good job on that - it's simple, but very multipurpose (and effective, if those reports are anything to go by).

Message back:

Thanks. I'll look into getting a description.

((Pan, would you mind looking into that for the moment?))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 07, 2014, 05:52:46 pm »

((Quick, because I can: I think you've got that backwards.  The forge can only copy something you already have.  The flesh pits, on the other hand, seem to be able to make stuff we don't have blueprints for- remember how we could switch them to brain only, despite the UWM not doing that themselves?))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 07, 2014, 06:13:55 pm »

((Quick, because I can: I think you've got that backwards.  The forge can only copy something you already have.  The flesh pits, on the other hand, seem to be able to make stuff we don't have blueprints for- remember how we could switch them to brain only, despite the UWM not doing that themselves?))

((I thought that a fleshpit could only produce one thing at a time, and that switching to another template to grow takes time? Like a factory line that can produce 1 thing fast, but needs to be converted to make something else. And the bioforge can make whatever and change template on the fly as long as you have a blueprint (meaning that, once you have a small library of those, you can produce according to your needs quickly). Like an advanced 3D printer, can do anything (if you have the plans) but not as fast as a dedicated system.

Oh, and if you have fleshpit growing method for a whole sod, don't you also have the method needed for only growing part of a whole sod?))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #657 on: October 08, 2014, 01:17:55 am »

((I think the difference is in training. Fleshpit sods are "blank" and need to be trained. 3D printer sods are produced already trained.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 08, 2014, 01:48:13 am »

Anton Chernozorov

Anton Chernozorov

Sounds fine to me! Battle suit and Avatar only, arm mounted rather then carried and can either be single shot with replaceable "Cartridges" or have an attached battery pack that is bigger and more obvious but allows for 5 shots before reload.
((Perfect, pretty much exactly how I wanted it. Is the science team working on it now (and what's the completion date if it is), or can we just stat it up and test it?))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 08, 2014, 11:58:37 pm »

Answering question:

1.Only three build crews are working on stuff.  Two on the Spess Magick, one on the Biochem Forge.  It took thirty days to build the Forge, originally.

Hephaestus things:

2.Ask ARESTEVE to automate some basic practice/training stuff for the sods, so that they aren't just sitting around.  They can learn, right?

3.Upload that program that records movements to, oh, a hundred robosods.  Ask ARESTEVE to specifically get them to do a lot of varied movements, and shoot a lot of different guns.

4.Although I haven't updated the wiki (Will do either late Thursday, or Friday), two fleshpits finished expansion.  Set them to restart.

Tinker:

5.The shock gloves give exactly 4 TPU, because they were specifically designed with powering laser rifles in mind.  This is why the Testament originally used way more energy than it could reasonably need.

6.I'd like to take Anton's Gungnir Electrolaser idea, and modify it a bit.  Instead of simply attaching a tesla saber, make a simple kit that adds a sparkgap to the front of a laser rifle, and links it to a 16 TPU rechargable battery.  This is a thirtieth the capacity of a normal tesla saber battery.  The kit should also link that 16 TPU battery to the laser's power supply, and to a secondary trigger.

7.When the secondary trigger is pulled along with the main one, the spark gap should start unloading eight TPU into the laser, horribly electrocuting whatever is being shot.  Whenever neither trigger is pulled, the battery should recharge.  This means that you'd have two seconds of electrolaser, with a four second recharge time.

8.Secondary mode: When only the secondary trigger is pulled, 4 TPU from the glove is directed into the sparkgap.  This is effectively a shock bayonet.

9.Since this is just an extremely small battery, a spark gap, and some wiring, would it be possible to sell it at one token per kit?  That would make a full electrolaser 4 tokens (2 laser, +1 gloves, +1 electrolaser kit), one token cheaper than the Spectr which can do a similar thing using it's microwave mode, plus a host of other stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 84