Unused

Ignore
- 0 (0%)
This
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 19, 2014, 02:49:54 am

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 51

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD  (Read 103766 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD
« Reply #165 on: June 08, 2014, 12:15:08 am »

Start looking for a safe place suitable to set a camp up in.

I'll be on a trek from 9th June to 14th, don't expect any posts from me during that time.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 08, 2014, 12:49:11 am »

Construct a makeshift shiv out of parts of the toilet by breaking shards of porcelain until I get one the right size, and then ripping one of the front pockets off my shirt to make a handle.

Edit: (What's the policy on edits?)
Singing to myself softly as I go:

If you wanna eat
the neighbor's cat
you best not feed
it poison rats

Smashing its head in
will not do
the hair is sure
to ruin your stew

TBH, I don't care if you mark your edits or not; you may edit your post until the update, after which time you are not to edit your post. You may edit it as many times as you'd like.

I'll be on a trek from 9th June to 14th, don't expect any posts from me during that time.

Thanks for letting me know in advance. If you want to PM me what your character will generally try to do in the next couple of turns, I'll try and pursue your agenda when I NPC your char.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 12:54:15 am by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 08, 2014, 01:25:24 am »

"<I couldn't bring all of my wives with me, could I? To bring just one or two would be blatant favoritism, no? Besides, I was grabbed in the dead of night by a gang of burly froghunters, so there's that. How've you been?>"

Chat with wife. Is it one of my better-looking wives?

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 08, 2014, 03:33:27 am »

Heat the water up firstly, then dive in. Bathtime!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 08, 2014, 04:51:38 am »

Void Magic Time! Erase the fucker.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Wade Wilson

• Bay Watcher
  • My common sense is Tingling
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 09, 2014, 01:19:02 am »

Examine the controls
Preator, what is this sphere?

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 09, 2014, 06:44:53 am »

Use Warp Mind to control animals to kill people!

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 10, 2014, 06:32:12 pm »

I would like to morph back and walk toward the chaos

((Sorry i didnt see that it updated))
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 10, 2014, 08:06:10 pm »

TURN 6

Update Music. (I can smell First Blood coming on...)

Character sheets have been updated up to turn 5...still have to update this turn.

Rage overpowered Rune's thoughts, and he flailed around, trying to clear the smoke from his eyes.
Then, he lowered his cannon towards the remains of the burning building, and charged his laser.

Anger overwhelms you. Why hasn't that building collapsed yet?! CHARGING: [6 + 1(Arm-Weapon) - 0(Errata: DEX will no longer effect this)] = 7; OVERSHOT
Energy pulses through you, discharging an extremely powerful, heated burst at the building. POWER: [5 + 2(Charge) - 1(Rounds Spent)] = 6
The building struggles to stay upright... INTEGRITY: [6 - 3(Damage)] = 3; OVERSHOT
A section of building collapses, but most of it manages to defy you by staying up. The poor building is half-destroyed, but hanging on.
Meanwhile, the quick charge-up on your laser cannon could have detrimental effects on your body. FORTITUDE: [1 + 3(STR)] = 4; CRIT FAIL
Fortunately, your tough circuits manage to avoid a complete system overload, but your internal program forces an emergency shutoff of your arm-cannon to avoid overheating. It will be down for this turn and TWO extra turns.

Use Warp Mind to control animals to kill people!

You concentrate on the strings of life energy flowing around you. You attempt to grab and twist those strings. ASTRAL: [2 + 3(IQ) - 2(Difficulty - Astral)] = 3
All you manage to do is drive a passing bird insane. Its warped mind drives it to the ground, killing it. Your body struggles to keep up with the exertion of spellcasting. ENDURANCE: [5 - 2(STR)] = 3
You began to grow weak under the strain of continued casting. It saps at your life-force, but you keep your eyes open and alert. (Too many more difficult spells might cause you to pass out!)

Change name to Fumbles.

((Looks like the RNG gods support the free cleanbot movement!  Sorry, TFN!))

US-2497's speakers project the following: "NOW, STAY STILL ASSASSIN.  THESE UNITED UNITS HAVE MANY QUESTIONS FOR YOU.  QUERY ONE: HOW MANY SWIFFER MEGAMARTS EXIST ON THIS PLANET?  NOTE: ANY ATTEMPTS TO CLAIM IGNORANCE WILL BE MET WITH SWIFT RETRIBUTION.  NON-COMPLIANCE IN OTHER FORMS WILL CAUSE SIMILAR PAIN."

Question the prisoner!  If he doesn't say anything, mop him painfully but non-lethally.  Do the same if he claims ignorance.  If he attempts to escape, terminate him.  Watch the fiend carefully for signs of lying.

Move backwards a little and then charge David's leg with the intent of injury.

David Initiative: [4] = 4
US-2497 Initiative: [3 + 2] = 5
Erizen Initiative: [3 + 1] = 4

TIEBREAKER: 3 (David) vs. 1 (Erizen).

US-2497 interrogates David! (YOU TWO MAY NOW COMMUNICATE FREELY. I WILL ROLL FOR TORTURE/DIPLOMACY CHECKS AS NECESSARY. (You can talk in thread between turns -- make sure not to put it in ACTION posts, or I will assume it's part of your action)).

David sighs at his poor luck and ineptitude. He is charged by Erizen. CHARGE: [3 + 1(DEX)] = 4 VS DODGE: [1] = 1 (The Random Number Gods have chosen their enemy!)
Erizen throws himself at David's thigh with full force. POWER: [6 + 1(Speed/DEX) - 1(STR) - 1(Weaponless)] = 5
You bash David's shin with your body. He was almost completely protected by his dragon scales, while you took a small amount of damage from it. Negligible damage on either side.

throw knife at ABRAMS. Kill!

Void Magic Time! Erase the fucker.

Alex Initiative: [6] = 6
Zack Initiative: [1 - 1] = 0

SUPER INITIATIVE!

Zack stands motionless, thinking up a spell to cast - but is unable to conjure anything up. Where's a damn spellbook when you need one?
Meanwhile, Zack Alex whips a knife out of his belt and hurls it at Zack. THROWING: [3] = 3 VS [3 - 1(DEX) - 1(Distracted!)] = 1
The knife flies through the air and embeds itself in the (Hidden Roll :) shoulder of Alex. POWER: [5 + 1(STR) - 1(Poor Throw)] = 5
The knife, though badly thrown, manages to dig into Zack's shoulder, causing a severe wound. ENDURANCE: [3 + 1] = 4
Zack snaps awake from his thinking and clenches his teeth, the pain emanating throughout his body.  He smiles evilly at Zack Alex. (Insert witty one liner into your next action)

I would like to morph back and walk toward the chaos

((Sorry i didnt see that it updated))

You morph into your normal form and walk into the square, observing your surroundings. (You are now aware of the happenings in the square; the colossus, the two immortals fighting, the burning building, Ethereal, etc.)

You glance around for a place to set up. PERCEPTION: [1] = 1
You are once again enticed by the fire, and wander dangerously close to the burning building. Pretty...

Heat the water up firstly, then dive in. Bathtime!

You let loose a cold (cold in hot terms, not actually cold) flame gently into the pond, before diving in. Homemade hottub! You soak in the warm water. (Your character is now RELAXED! +1 to next non-combat roll).

"<I couldn't bring all of my wives with me, could I? To bring just one or two would be blatant favoritism, no? Besides, I was grabbed in the dead of night by a gang of burly froghunters, so there's that. How've you been?>"

Chat with wife. Is it one of my better-looking wives?

You attempt to soothe your wife. DIPLOMACY: [3 - 2(IQ) + 1(Charisma) + 1(Past Relations) + 2(Top Hat)] = 5
You calm her down with your words. "You do look rather dashing in that top hat, dear," she remarks. She (5) is one of your better-looking wives; above average, but certainly not the best.
She is now non-hostile to you, and warming.

Examine the controls
Preator, what is this sphere?

As you move to examine the controls, the security droid's droning voice stops you, ""COURSE OF ACTION NOT SUGGESTED. ORGANISM SHIELD HAS BEEN ACTIVATED. THIS AREA IS OFF-LIMITS"
The Praetor, meanwhile, responds ""Energy Sphere: MEKALOID generates and controls all power for Tartarus."

well that cut a little too close
look through the pile after climbing out and see if anything of value, check coat pockets in truck for the key...

You scavenge the pile for anything of value. LOOTING: [4 - 2(Pile of Junk)] = 2
You find...a pair of scissors? They appear to be made for children. You drop it off in the truck, where you find the keys sitting on top of the uniform. You sigh with relief.

Construct a makeshift shiv out of parts of the toilet by breaking shards of porcelain until I get one the right size, and then ripping one of the front pockets off my shirt to make a handle.

Edit: (What's the policy on edits?)
Singing to myself softly as I go:

If you wanna eat
the neighbor's cat
you best not feed
it poison rats

Smashing its head in
will not do
the hair is sure
to ruin your stew

You try to fashion a shiv from the toilet... CRAFTING: [3 + 1(IQ)] = 4
You make a half-decent shiv made out of porcelain and shirt, but it's not an extremely great weapon.

You sing the fucked up song softly to yourself.

I pet the dog again and, still looking at the mirror, I take the mustache off and put it back on.

You take the mustache off. You put it back on. AFFINITY: 3
In the time it takes for you to blink, your appearance changes again. It seems to be similar to the man you saw in the mirror before, but you can recognize yourself.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 02:04:48 am by DontBanTheMan »

tjmaxx999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 10, 2014, 08:25:10 pm »

Interesting...
I pet the dog some more and walk out to the garden.
Hello? Is anyone there?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 10, 2014, 08:29:41 pm »

Rune roared in rage. This building was shutting him down, defying him, and most of all, humiliating him! He lowered his shoulder, locked his upper body in the position one took when they charged, and then barreled forwards, towards the building.

(It will either crumble instantly, or I will smack into an effectively titanium wall. Who built this bloody thing, dwarves with infinite adamantine hacks?)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Tagerian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 10, 2014, 08:30:15 pm »

so thats where the keys were, well i better get a move on
Put the keys in the ignition open the garage and proceed to turn on the car and leave

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 10, 2014, 08:33:41 pm »

Rune roared in rage. This building was shutting him down, defying him, and most of all, humiliating him! He lowered his shoulder, locked his upper body in the position one took when they charged, and then barreled forwards, towards the building.

(It will either crumble instantly, or I will smack into an effectively titanium wall. Who built this bloody thing, dwarves with infinite adamantine hacks?)

(( Blood for the Blood God!  ))

Nunzillor

« Reply #178 on: June 10, 2014, 09:49:06 pm »

((Looks like we have a good cop/bad cop situation going here.  Works for me.))

Sensing its brothers grow restless, US-2497 keeps the interrogation process moving.  "DO YOU SEE, ASSASSIN, HOW THESE UNITS DESIRE SO GREATLY TO END YOU?  THIS UNIT IS ALL THAT EXISTS BETWEEN YOU AND THEM.  RECCOMENDATION: COOPERATE.  THIS UNIT WILL NOT ASK A THIRD TIME.  QUERY: HOW MANY SWIFFER MEGAMARTS EXIST ON THIS PLANET?"
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 11:38:23 pm by Nunzillor »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 11, 2014, 12:40:14 am »

"<So, my dear, how on earth did you get here?>"

Ask wife about this. If she doesn't want to answer, keep on making smalltalk.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 51