Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!  (Read 85746 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 38: Wight One Down, I Repeat Wight One Down
« Reply #750 on: August 22, 2015, 10:19:55 pm »

I feel like I killed this....  Sorry?
You didn't :)

Due to a lot of trouble I've had in real life recently (mostly caused by myself) all of my games except You are Dungeon shall be going on a possibly permanent hiatus for awhile until I get myself situated.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Rite of Winter a Christmas Event
« Reply #751 on: December 04, 2015, 02:13:51 am »

Roll to Become a Hero: The Rite of Winter

All throughout the Realms of Eldast a number of people suddenly hear a clear chime, and then the world seems to halt for them as everything turns into varying shades of black and white. Before any of these people can react the world shatters before their eyes revealing a vast stone arena that is surrounded by a never-ending black void wherein lie moving points of green, red, and gold light. The arena itself is decorated with streamers the same colors, floating ornaments of snowmen and reindeer whose figures are twisted in some cruel mockery of their true form. However, before any of you can take in anything else a loud bang goes off as a figure appears in the center of the arena with red gas dissipating through the air at his arrival.

The figure turns out to be a thin man dressed a crimson red suit with a golden tie, and a well trimmed pure white goatee. On top of the man's head is a red hat with a fussy white ball on the end that makes him look utterly ridiculous in your opinions, but all of you get an intense feeling of danger from the man despite his absurd appearance. The man smiles for a moment before finally breaking the silence,

"Welcome Mortals to the playground of me, the God of Winter and Sacrifice. Of course let us all be honest, that's a rather long title so let's just call me Kringle. I'll be straightforward with you all, I've brought you here for my amusement to play in some games of life and death where even death isn't the end! It sounds exciting right!?

Anyway, before any of you get upset about your future severe dismemberment and death, it is not like you're doing all of this for free. I shall give you a series of challenges, exciting battles and tasks for you all to complete involving such favorites as immolation, decapitation, and more! All of you will be rewarded in one method or another for amusing me, but among you those who survive these challenges will receive the greatest rewards. Even among those who survive there are some who will receive even greater rewards for in each challenge I will give awards for achieving goals, or there will be something at stake at the end that only the last man standing will receive.

So let's get started, I can't wait to see how many of you slaughter each other! Eight of you step forward to undertake the challenge, the first ones up will get to partake, and then the rest will be rotated in as the previous challengers are slaughtered! Ah, its been centuries since I last did this, I've almost forgotten how much fun the anticipation was!"

Anyone from the waitlist or current players can join. The first eight of you to post In! (or an equivalent) get to step up to be slaughtered.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 02:16:27 am by adwarf »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: December 04, 2015, 02:14:42 am »

Yo.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 04, 2015, 02:19:36 am »

Inn
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: December 04, 2015, 02:22:49 am »

Hello!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 04, 2015, 02:31:35 am »

IN, YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD!
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: December 04, 2015, 04:22:40 am »

Iyun.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 04, 2015, 04:29:56 am »

Heh. In?
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 04, 2015, 04:47:42 am »

In.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: December 04, 2015, 07:24:44 am »

I'm here in please
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!
« Reply #760 on: December 04, 2015, 11:58:23 am »

Roll to Become a Hero: The Rite of Winter, Challenge One!

"Perfect! Such a willing bunch, the last time I did this I had to kill the contestants a few times out of annoyance before they started volunteering for the fun. Now that we have our first eight victims it is time for the Wheel of Violent Deaths, the trademark is pending but please don't steal the name, or else I'll have to erase your soul from existence."

With that Kringle takes a step back before snapping his finger which causes the area in front of him to explode in red, and green lights that quickly take the form of a massive wheel that's divided into sections. Each section is outlined in what looks like a border of solid gold while red stakes are placed on the outside corners where the sections intersect with a giant needle hovering in the air beside it. Kringle grins as he snaps his fingers again causing all of the people who hadn't stepped forward to teleport into the stands where satyrs appear to serve them any food, or drinks they desire.

"Now that there are no more non-contestants in the arena let me explain a bit about the process. At the start of every round I shall spin the Wheel of Violent Deaths to determine what type of challenge you will all face and the current grand options of slaughter are; Survival, Team Deathmatch, Siege, Free For All, Champion Battle, and Treasure Hunt. Well then, let us see how you'll all die."

With that Kringle reaches out and flicks the wheel with his finger causing it to start spinning faster, and faster until you can actually see the air starting to spin in time with the wheel. Before the wheel can go any faster the floating needle moves forward and you can hear a ding as the wheel suddenly stops, the result is ...

"Siege! The perfect method to start this off, I'll be going up to my viewing platform now, but before I go some explanation is in order. You goal is to protect a crystal from destruction for as long as possible, or until you manage to destroy the four things that are spawning the monsters. Good luck!"

With that Kringle disappears in another flash of light along with the Wheel of Violent Deaths, in their place a giant silvery crystal appears that is looks to be the size of a small house. As the crystal appears the eight of you begin to feel the ground beneath you shift followed by sections of the arena rising up to form a circular wall around the crystal with six entrances. A string of words hover in the air seemingly made from flames,

One turn until first wave spawns. Spawners invincible for three turns.

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zein, Sarrak (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jenny Abigail, Ochita (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ???, SaberToothTiger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stenner Board, NAV (click to show/hide)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!
« Reply #761 on: December 04, 2015, 12:07:44 pm »

IN!

Have I posted a character yet? I can't remember.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 04, 2015, 12:12:32 pm »

Derm, may my character study under you?

Possible terms for the apprenticeship:
We get to read each other's spell books and can share spells with each other.
I am allied with you in every match.
If we are the last two players remaining in a match, I will allow you to execute me.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: December 04, 2015, 12:19:14 pm »

Guard one of the entrances.

"Seems like we need to hold the enemies here!"
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: December 04, 2015, 12:21:36 pm »

Oh hell. SUMMON SPIRIT! Please be a high roll.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 55