Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!  (Read 85773 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A question to those people on the waitlist, I've been contemplating running some side stuff over IRC (internet relay chat, probably on the darkmyst IRC server) for those on the waitlist willing to risk killing off their characters and getting themselves shunted to the bottom of the waitlist (assumign they'd still want to play). Anyway the general idea of it would be that you waitlisters would agree to become unavailable for a minimum of two missions, and during that time you'd be working for the Kingdom's army out in the Red Wastes fighting demons and such.

Working as part of the Kingdom's army for a two session duration would be more lethal than the normal game, but would have better rewards as a result meaning you'd get to earn something from it instead of risking your character for nothing. These sessions would take place at a set time that I, and the interested party(ies) could agree on though there would need to be a minimum of three waitlisters willing to form a group for it.

Aside from that I also want to check, and see if anyone would be interested in the idea of opening an IRC channel for this just for general questions about the game, and an easier method of slapping me until I actually do an update (if that is your preferred method). :P
If this wasn't on IRC, I'd do it.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Why would you work on waitlisted people when you can work on the actual game?

seems like a doubling of the workload for little reason...
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why would you work on waitlisted people when you can work on the actual game?

seems like a doubling of the workload for little reason...
This wouldn't be working on them when I could work on the actual game, those sessions at most would take an hour out of my time, and is just an offer to waitlisters who might be interested. Either way from how its going so far its unlikely anyone will take the offer, but I was just putting it out there.

It wouldn't slow down updates either way as the reason they've been slow recently is one hundred percent due to me slacking off, and playing video games instead :v

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

Keep watch, make sure goblins arent sneaking up on us from behind.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So, erm, why exactly are we going in there? I do hope we're being paid handsomely for this."
Shandrem waits nervously around as the creepy ghost-thing goes in. Resist attempts at forcing me to follow it.
Suggest the other newbie(s?) go in instead, as I'm hardly a warrior.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will most likely be updating tomorrow, but for now enjoy this brand new map.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 38: Wight One Down, I Repeat Wight One Down
« Reply #726 on: July 21, 2015, 01:55:19 am »

Chronus
You order your wight to go forward, and enter the cave which it does immediately without giving notice to Jase trying to prod the newbies in afterwards, or the newbies themselves resisting while trying not to get poked with a spear. Soon after it enters the caves you sense it get riddled with arrows before dissipating after is sustains too much damage.

Elric
You continue to keep an eye out for any goblins approaching your group, but everything is quiet and you see no sign of them near you.

Jase Bladeheart
Despite your best attempts to prod the newbies into action they stand perfectly still refusing to move forward, and instead letting the wight go into the cave all alone. You hope this doesn't come back to bite you all in the ass ...

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zein, Sarrak (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elric, Unholy_Pariah (click to show/hide)

GM Note: If Sarrak does not post by the next update I do I will be replacing him with the next available person from the waitlist, and shove them into the mission with you guys since I've learned from Alerd's Tomb that you guys need all the help you can get to note die horribly. Aside from that I've created a room on darkmyst's server with the room being #rtbah for anyone from this game who wants to come on, and ask me questions relating to the game. Since there was a great deal of people wanting me to not fiddle with IRC games I won't be touching those, and the chat is simply there as a more convenient way to drill me with all your questions assuming you want to ask them in the first place.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 07:35:32 pm by adwarf »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I probably should have specified that I was completely okay with actually poking them a little bit to get my point across.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile

((I probably should have specified that I was completely okay with actually poking them a little bit to get my point across.))
(You know alienating your allies will make them not want to help you.)

"Look I'll go first if you give me the shield that you cant even use Bladeheart, but I'm not going in without the rest of the group."Mark offers holding out his hand for the kite shield.

If everyone is willing to get this show on the road then head inside using the shield for cover and peeking around corners before going around them
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

Follow mark into the cave insofar as i can keep jase infront of me.

cover the group with my bow.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'm aware of that, khh, but IC Jase doesn't see you as allies. He sees you as unproven possible liabilities that might only be useful as a sheath for the enemy's blade until you show him otherwise. The people he considered allies were all killed in Alerd's Tomb except for Chronus. That tomb may have broken something in him. OOC, I'd rather we all go in there before adwarf starts rolling random encounters because we've been our here too long.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((OOC, I'd rather we all go in there before adwarf starts rolling random encounters because we've been our here too long.))
He would be right in this aspect, if you guys keep just standing there looking for goblins eventually I'll start rolling for extra goblins.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, that was a waste of four mana. You could have sent a newbie in there instead, and he or she would have achieved the same purpose without wasting the resources of our veterans.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 04:53:56 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile

((How bout everyone charges in with shields up))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Well, that was a waste of four mana. You could have sent a newbie in there instead, and he or she would have achieved the same purpose without wasting the resources of our veterans.

I thought everyone would follow it in!

Speaking of which, Being a squishy wizard, bring up the second to last position and enter cave. Ready molotolv.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:01:36 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 55