Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: You are an Ankylosaurus Deity [Dead!]  (Read 4610 times)

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are an Ankylosaurus Deity [Ready to go! Get Posting!]
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2014, 05:00:27 am »

If Lizardfolk are plentiful, there should be more villages around, right?  And seeing as we seem to be the only one stepping up after Unknown took off, There's a vacancy in every one of them, right?

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile

Alright! I just got back from my road-trip! I'm gonna go pass out somewhere, you can expect this to be updated tomorrow though! Err. Today. Later on. After sleep. v.v

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 12:05:35 am »

Anyway, actions:

Create a well within the village. Less expensive than rerouting the river, and still usefull.
Finish the construction of the Idol

+1

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 04:27:49 am »

Anyway, actions:

Create a well within the village. Less expensive than rerouting the river, and still usefull.
Finish the construction of the Idol

+1
Another +1 and bump for a good measure.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: You are an Ankylosaurus Deity [Updated 5/30/2014~]
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 07:13:48 pm »

[So, I feel like a idiot. I've actually had this update done for several days, I just forgot entirely about posting it. Aren't I such a genius?]

As you observe your growing village, your thoughts flicker back and forth across your mind as you consider your next moves. Your 'eyes' run across the outskirts of your camp. After a moment, you focus and you decide on several things. First, you need to construct a well, as the nearest river with drinkable water is quite a bit away. You pause for a moment and brush a tendril of your mind against S'jamnd's, leaving him in charge of gathering the villagers to construct a simple idol in your name. With that issue solved, you look 'downwards' pressing your form deep beneath the earth. Your 'body' sailing and gliding through the layers of murky, moist dirt till your about roughly four dozen feet beneath your camp. You can sense a significant body of water beneath it. You focus on the surface, shifting as you extend 'tendrils' of your presence into the soil. You pour your power into the surrounding areas, hardening and leaching the residual water from the stone. In takes only minutes till you've constructed a well leading into the reservoir of underground water. Thankfully, the ground was soft and didn't require much power to shift around the soil and harden it.

-2 power

With that issue resolved, you shift your mind back onto the surface. Several of the tribesmen stand around the new well, peering down into it. After a moment's notice they begin to set up the rope and bucket that would be used. Several of the ancient, thick trees in the surrounding areas have been cut down. The clearing looks to be a little bigger now. The rough beginnings and outlines of several buildings are taking shape in the center of the camp.

A stray thought crosses your mind regarding the tribe, if the Sud'kar were once part of a large empire like S'jamnd claimed, then surely more than this smattering of lizard-folk had survived. With that thought in mind you 'rise' above the swamp. Sending out small, weak pulses of your power. Your senses are suddenly struck with the feeling of thousands upon thousands of 'souls'. You find yourself briefly overwhelmed before you narrow down your search. In moments the feeling of the 'souls' wink out one by one as you look for the rather familiar feel of the lizard-folk. Unfortunately, you cannot find the presence of any more of the Sud'kar in your section of the swamp. You could always extend the search further, but that would require you expending more of your power. You are also aware that there are several hundred lizard-folk living in the Triumvirate's city. You could try to send a envoy or a shaman perhaps to gather a few more followers? Although, there is no telling how the other gods may react if you steal their followers away.

You find your attention drawn to S'jamnd, the old shaman leaving heavily on his staff. His claws sinking into the rough bark of the staff as he leans forward. Standing in front of him is a rather rough 'statue'. It appears to be carved from the tree trunk of one of the ancient swamp oaks that were cut down. It is a likeness of yourself, or rather, a likeness of your avatar. Ancient and gnarled oak wood forms the majority of the body, it was covered in vines that were dyed in smattering of brown and red liquids. Despite the medium's for the idol, it does bare a striking similarity to your body.

With your work done for the day, you allow your thoughts to turn inwards. The situation has improved greatly since you had first become the 'guardian' of the tribe. The Sud'kar went from being ill and poorly fed to having been healed and moved to a safer location. You have even managed to acquire a few of the warriors. However, You are well aware that things are far from over. You remember the bewildering vastness of the chaos corrupted lands, the overwhelming since of power that Twisterious possesses. You are from being done.

What are your actions? At this point, consider one turn to be about a week in game.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Heroic Units (click to show/hide)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are an Ankylosaurus Deity [Updated 5/30/12014~]
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2014, 09:27:26 pm »

It would be nice to have an envoy in the city. Possibly attempt to establish a permanent embassy, but for now it would be really nice to know if there are people in the city who are seeking a more lizardy way of doing things and would appreciate our presence and appreciate a setting more attuned to their culture... Knowing the disposition of the potential worshippers in the city would aid greatly in discerning the righteous course of action...
 It may be prudent to shield the well from external violation. look into establishing wards  of some sort to protect the spiritual integrity of out lands.
 Lets take our new idol for a test-drive. Inhabit it and perform some blessings or something...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2014, 09:41:01 pm »

PTW

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2014, 01:10:31 am »

It would be nice to have an envoy in the city. Possibly attempt to establish a permanent embassy, but for now it would be really nice to know if there are people in the city who are seeking a more lizardy way of doing things and would appreciate our presence and appreciate a setting more attuned to their culture... Knowing the disposition of the potential worshippers in the city would aid greatly in discerning the righteous course of action...
 It may be prudent to shield the well from external violation. look into establishing wards  of some sort to protect the spiritual integrity of out lands.
 Lets take our new idol for a test-drive. Inhabit it and perform some blessings or something...

+1 also send our military adviser with 10 warriors to find lizards in the swamps that are not part of the city. More people is always good.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2014, 04:43:00 am »

As there's no lizardfolk in the swamp nearby, sending out a squad into the swamp would be too risky (as that's 1/5 of our followers).

I do agree we should send an envoy to the city, but to inform of our presence rather than actively try and gain followers. No need to piss off an established group of gods. However, we should ask their permission first.

I also don't see the need to inhabit the idol.... It just gives a power income boost, and we already have an avatar.

So:
-1 to sending out search squads for other lizardfolk
+1 to envoy - but seek permission first
+1 to experimenting with wards, particularly to protect the well
-1 to inhabitting the idol
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2014, 11:19:17 am »

Send out an envoy to the city for dual purposes.  To start discussion with the rest of the gods and to potentially start converting more followers, if the current gods aren't hostile.  Start developing the village more.  Make/improve walls, etc.  Also, mayhaps developing higher quality tools and weapons would be a good idea?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2014, 11:58:54 am »

Place our Idol into the center of the settlement
Make it a Life Node.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2014, 03:30:39 pm »

Send out an envoy to the city for dual purposes.  To start discussion with the rest of the gods and to potentially start converting more followers, if the current gods aren't hostile.  Start developing the village more.  Make/improve walls, etc.  Also, mayhaps developing higher quality tools and weapons would be a good idea?
+1

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2014, 04:59:30 pm »

I would be happy to just have the envoy ask check on the current conditions and attitudes of the city's lizard population. Actual conversion efforts can wait until we have a better understanding of the situation...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2014, 04:10:11 pm »

Yaaaaaaaay this is alive again ;D

So:
-1 to sending out search squads for other lizardfolk
+1 to envoy - but seek permission first
+1 to experimenting with wards, particularly to protect the well