Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: You are an Ankylosaurus Deity [Dead!]  (Read 4617 times)

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
You are an Ankylosaurus Deity [Dead!]
« on: May 16, 2014, 04:27:23 pm »

You are Seklus, Guardian of the Swamps and Life-Bringer. Your chosen Avatar to walk the mortal planes with is the mighty Ankylosaurus. You are nearly thrice the height of one of the lizard-folk. You thought your design for the avatar had been rather impressive, It was a towering, lithe beast of dirt and moss. Thin slates of rock acting as scales, dirt layered underneath the rocks providing the mass and general structure of your form. Intertwined with the dirt is hundreds upon hundreds of thick swamp vines, acting as the tendons and muscles of your body.

You are the chosen deity of the Sud'kar Tribe. A once proud and prosperous empire driven into ruin and destruction by their foes, known as the Twisted. The Twisted [Formerly known as the Udonii.] are a collection of animals, creatures, unearthly beings and humanoids that came into contact with a strong source of chaotic-life energy. It has twisted and turned their bodies into misshapen mindless beasts.

The Sud'kar Tribe is compromised entirely of lizard-folk. The Sud'kar are your followers. They were once strong, however the ravages of time and the unrelenting advance of the Twisted have nearly annihilated their numbers. Only a small handful remain of them. They had one diety previously before. You know very little about this Unknown God beyond the fact that he disappeared or fled on the day of the greatest battle in the Sud'kar History.

The remainders of your people are set up in the vast, southern swamps. The tribe is settled into a small within the swamp. It's settled down on the small patch of elevated ground. There is a single, ancient slumbering willow tree in the center of the village. It has the beginnings of a hidden watchtower built among it's branches. At the base of the tree is a large, communal circular tent.  It's currently serving as the sleeping quarters for the tribefolk. Directly to the left and right of the communal circular tent lay a single medium sized tent on either side. Food supplies are mixed between the two tents along with various other belongings.

Surrounding the clearing are very densely packed trees and swamp vines meshed together. It's very well hidden from the outside. Anyone not used to dwelling within the swamps would likely have issues trying to navigate the dense mess. All the land around the camp, excluding the elevated land lays beneath three feet of murky water, though it doesn't affect the lizardfolk who are used to moving and living in such conditions. The surrounding swamps are abundant with plant and animal life. Your people have enough food to last for about a week.

What do you do? All actions in bold please.

Spoiler: GM's note. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Heroic Units (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 03:49:37 am by Xardalas »

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Game Mechanics! (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 07:40:08 pm by Xardalas »

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile

A Just-incase reserve!

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: You are an Ankylosaurus Deity [Ready to go! Get Posting!]
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 02:47:35 am »

Are we continuing from where we left off at the RP sequence?

Also, what happened with Sek'larsa (I think his name was) and his contract? Or are contracts gone now?
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 03:08:52 am »

Anyway, actions:

Create a well within the village. Less expensive than rerouting the river, and still usefull.
Finish the construction of the Idol

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 03:24:31 am »

((Yay this is back!  :D ))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 04:16:22 am »

Are we continuing from where we left off at the RP sequence?

Also, what happened with Sek'larsa (I think his name was) and his contract? Or are contracts gone now?

Here I was thinking I had everything down and posted. Naturally, I just had to miss something. >.< Yeah. I removed them. I don't think they added that much to the game and they were essentially another stat for me to keep track of. Which is namely the reason I reworked so much stuff.

Although, if that many people actually enjoyed them, I could give it a bit more thought and rework it back into the game.

As for the RP sequence, consider it ended for now. Yeah, we are pretty much continuing right where we had left off and I went on my loonnnnggg Hiatus.

Also, on that note. I will be leaving for a trip to Texas today. Depending on how I feel, I might not drive straight through to it from where I'm at. So the update might take a few days to get here. Don't worry, I won't (hopefully!) be dropping this again for quite a while.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 07:04:47 am »

My ankylosaurus is back! :3
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 02:01:00 pm »

Would it be worth collecting the chaos node and seeing if we can use it/drain it?
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 02:03:21 pm »

Would it be worth collecting the chaos node and seeing if we can use it/drain it?
Chaos is bad. Like really bad. It's what killed the previous gods, corrupted many, destroyed much of our current civilization and I don't think we can control it.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 02:17:30 pm »

Aye, we'd have to be very careful to keep it nullified. However, it wouldn't hurt to have a backup plan in case the Triumvirate change their minds.

though that was just a vague, floating suggestion for later. Nothing urgent.

So, +1 for Well and idol

Sigtext

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 02:34:19 pm »

You don't control chaos. No matter how you try to temper it, it will eventually spiral out of control. Chaos Theory!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 02:48:59 pm »

Control. Nah, you'd just peel the mushrooms off and leg it :P

Sigtext

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 02:50:40 pm »

We could always embrace the madness. That's sure to have good results when we accept the fact that nothing is real and real is nothing.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 03:04:57 am »

Or try to convert chaos energy into something more palatable, which is probably what the mushrooms are doing.

P.S.
 You should add a post linking ot this thread in the old thread for people who use the "Show new replies" button.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: [1] 2 3