Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLVII: Vampire Coven - GAME OVER! SCUM WIN!  (Read 58935 times)

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVII: Vampire Coven - Day One
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2014, 11:08:45 pm »

To Scripten: Who do you believe would be the greatest threat if they were scum?

Almost certainly the ICs. They have more experience with the game and would not necessarily be as intimidated by other ICs. I feel like the power roles would be at more risk of night kills, since we're all just as likely to have them, but ICs are at more risk to non-IC scum.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2014, 03:52:13 am »

tn5421:
Reread the thread, and tn5421 seems to be getting scummier by the second.
tn5421: Imagine you're a cop.  What would you consider to be your goal in your night inspects: finding scum or finding town?

I would investigate someone I couldn't get a strong read on one way or another.

Everybody: Since this is a beginner's game, it's more likely that well-used scumtells will be less effective. What strategies do you think would be best in a situation like this, where players may not know what actions to avoid and which ones to look out for?

I'm going to play normally.  I will take note of people not fully answering questions.

someone from MafiaScum is probably more knowledgeable than someone from EpicMafia

Thanks for the laugh.

Tn5421 and darkpaladin109: Since you both were in the last beginner's mafia game, which was a sprint, how do you expect this game will differ? How will you be changing your playstyles to adapt to those differences?

I expect it to take longer and be more of a thinking game than a go-with-your-gut game.
First off, his first post. He doesn't ask any questions, as per normal first post on these forums. He follows it up with a vote against Tiruin for dodging the question, despite how she PFP'd. I guess I can understand not knowing the abbreviations and such as this is a whole new forum, but if there was an abbreviation I didn't understand there would be no reason not to check the first post-which has a whole spoiler about it. I guess the not asking game-related questions thing is fine too, as they don't really do that at mafia scum either. Moving on.
Oh, and on a side note:

@Jack A T: I would be highly suspicious of reply #80 if you weren't an IC.  Being super bold just makes you the primary target for a nightkill.
(Which was in regards to this post)
Another thing:

Be bold.  When you see something you think is suspicious/scummy, take action.  Question.  Vote, whether to lynch or just to apply pressure.  If you don't know why someone took an action they took, ask.  Ask people lots of questions about their actions.  Don't hold back.  Don't let nervousness prevent you from taking action.

Use your votes.  Use them to apply pressure in your investigations.  Use them to kill off the most suspicious players.  Use them to show your suspicions.

Be active.  When you can contribute, try to contribute.  Low activity kills games, especially BMs.

Players have done stuff today (not much, but still), and there is material to look at.  For that matter, you can look at players who haven't acted, whether through not posting or through not doing anything when they post.
He says that he would be suspicious of this post if it were not made by an IC, yet there is no reason for this suspicion. Being active & bold is the best thing to do in mafia, and saying that you should be those things is not scummy at all. This is because if he was scum, then telling people to do something that would make him want to kill him and waste a NK just doesn't make sense. Oh well, this doesn't seem to be anything to warrant a vote by itself though.
@Jack A T, #85: That's why I included the qualifier "If you weren't an IC".
The question about how his experiences with the setup shape his views on how this game will play out has not been answered and I will not let go until it is.

@Kansa, #88: I'm not sure what this is a reply to, assuming you mean 'is anyone suspicious' but parts of your reply don't fit that line.

@Fniff, #89: The Scum IC is the independant observer, the other ICs are actual players.

@RangerCado, #90: What is the significance of Blue-Bolding my name?  I am awaiting a reply from Tiruin in regards to reply #53 [http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138613.msg5294398#msg5294398].  Reply #54 does not adequately explain anything except for Tiruin being busy IRL.  People have commented on my tendency to take my time with things.  I don't really understand that, but I don't dive in head first unless I'm fairly sure I can do something productive, as I'm an easy mislynch when I get aggressive.

@Kansa, #91: ALL OF MY FoS FOR POST EDIT[/rvs]

@Jack A T, #92: Does blue bold indicate a FoS?

@RangerCado, #94: Except I don't feel pressured, at all.  I'm not doing anything wrong, you are suspecting me based on my playstyle only.

@Tiruin, #96: I don't mind waiting but I still want my question answered when RL isn't eating your time.

@borno, #98: No.  No.  We are NOT in lylo.  There are 2 scum / 7 town as per the setup.  I do not like this post at all.

Vote: borno

But please tell us how we are in LYLO on day one.
However, this, in conjunction with the other random needlessly aggressive posts he has been making is. He votes me for asking a hypothetical question. I honestly am bamboozled, and he seems to make no effort in explaining it whatsoever when it is pointed out by Jack A T, instead making a pathetic 'Yeah, lynch me, I don't really care, nor will I make any defense whatsoever. I won't try to stay alive when I can just prove you wrong when I'm dead!', which no good townie would. So far, almost all of his posts have just been random, completely unfounded aggressive outbursts which serve to do nothing other than stir up suspicions between townies, and for that he gets my vote.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2014, 09:40:56 am »

@RangerCado, #90: What is the significance of Blue-Bolding my name?  I am awaiting a reply from Tiruin in regards to reply #53 [http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138613.msg5294398#msg5294398].  Reply #54 does not adequately explain anything except for Tiruin being busy IRL.  People have commented on my tendency to take my time with things.  I don't really understand that, but I don't dive in head first unless I'm fairly sure I can do something productive, as I'm an easy mislynch when I get aggressive.

@RangerCado, #94: Except I don't feel pressured, at all.  I'm not doing anything wrong, you are suspecting me based on my playstyle only.
tn5421: Blue text means Finger of Suspicion. This implies that you are acting suspicious, but I either don't think its worth a vote yet, or that I wanted to keep my vote where it was.

And its more that your giving me a bad vibe with how your phrasing your posts. Your playstyle doesn't help much though as it appears to be a lot more towards playing cautiously, which isn't that good of a style. Your not helping the town, and voted Borno with no questions or good reasons I can find.

@Jack A T: Because getting nightkilled or mislynched day 1 gets boring really fast when it happens to you multiple times.

"I think she is busy IRL" answers both questions.

Because its right there in the rules, free for everyone to read, maybe?

You go right ahead and lynch me day one, it doesn't make a bit of difference to me.
...REALLY!? Town shouldn't try to hard to keep themselves, but this is just... WHY!? Vote tn5421.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2014, 02:00:20 pm »

Scripten: It is nice to see you pop up.  It is not nearly as nice to see you sit back and do nothing.  Is there anyone you suspect of being scum?  Why?  Why are you doing nothing to catch scum?
Fniff: So, how's that readthrough going?
And its more that your giving me a bad vibe with how your phrasing your posts.
RangerCado: Can you describe this in more detail?  What is it about the phrasing that gives you a bad vibe?
Spoiler: tn5421 stuff (click to show/hide)

Borno: When quoting, try to cut the posts down to the parts you care about.  This enhances readability quite a bit.  For instance, that last quote could have been cut down to just the part about you.  Also, regarding your PFP point, people often forget/don't notice the abbreviation spoiler.  It happens.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2014, 02:01:55 pm »

Oh, and Kansa: Any thoughts now?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2014, 02:11:06 pm »

Well tn5421 is seeming a bit more suspicious to me now, I don't really think his lack of defence is necessarily a point in favour of him being mafia as there are other explanations for this. His accusations of others however is suspicious in my eyes, as none of the evidence he has used to do this points to those people actually being mafia.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2014, 02:18:01 pm »

Kansa: Alright.  How about his attackers?  Any thoughts on us?  On other players?  Is there anything you want more information from him on?  From anyone else?  Are you willing to vote for your suspect?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2014, 02:32:59 pm »

To tn4521: The main thing I would like to know is why a mistake in the current situation of the game such as LYLO makes someone scummy? We all know the current set up of the game as it was detailed in the first post, it is a mistake anyone could have made not just a mafia member.

To Jack A T:I would like to give him one last chance to defend himself before I vote for him, just to see if he can give one rather than just not trying.

It's hard to read everyone else at the moment really, I don't think anyone else has let anything slip. The only thing I could say as doubt is that people were quick to go on tn4521 but I would be guilty of that myself as well and all the arguments against him seem fair in my eyes.

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr (PARTIALLY NSFW)
« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2014, 03:30:12 pm »

@borno, #106: One long big pseudo-justification for your omgus.  You must be so proud.

@RangerCado: But can you deny that stuff is getting done?

@All: You bitch about me playing cautiously, then immediately jump on my wagon when I start to make aggressive posts.
Fuck.  You.

@Kansa: He was attempting to panic the townsfolk, which is an action that primarily advances the scum wincon.  I don't see the need to defend myself at this point in the game, as the people that are voting me are doing so for mainly nonsensical reasons.  Except for RangerCado, I think.

The reality is that if you're stupid enough to lynch me, you deserve to lose my support anyway.

That is a perfectly acceptable situation for me anyway, because it means I can avoid a wall-war with people that are just going to throw the game anyway.
[21:23:48] <GhostFrog> bdsm is always more fun with a restraining order
[9:00:59 PM] kingdomacesbeta: Actually knowing what you're doing is overrated.

Mafia Dossier: MafiaScum Wiki - tn5421

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2014, 03:38:11 pm »

To tn5421: That makes more sense to me now, thank you for the answer.

To borno: Why did you claim it was lylo?

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2014, 03:53:02 pm »

To Borno: Scratch that last question, on rereading it I realise that it was just a question about what tn5421 would do if it was LYLO. You never actually claimed it was LYLO in that post in the first place.

To tn5421: This means that suspicion of borno is completely out of place in the first place, it was not a scare tactic simply a question about what you would do if we were in that situation

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2014, 04:23:21 pm »

tn5421: There's a reason why I asked you the questions I did in the spoiler: to gain evidence.  Not specifically evidence against you, but evidence in general.  I can see quite a bit of potential exculpatory evidence coming out of some of those questions, just as I can see potential incriminating evidence coming out of them.

Refusing to answer them in favour of spewing venom at your attackers will not help you.  So, even if only for your own sake, would you be so kind as to answer the questions directed to you?

@All: You bitch about me playing cautiously, then immediately jump on my wagon when I start to make aggressive posts.
Fuck.  You.
This is likely to be because your case on borno, while aggressive, is shit.  And, instead of accepting what everyone else has pointed out (that borno's question was a hypothetical question), you're flailing at those who attack you.

Advice: Relax a bit.  Have a cup of tea or coffee or whatever drink you like when relaxing.  Then, come back and reevaluate what's been going on.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2014, 04:28:56 pm »

Jack A T:
Borno: When quoting, try to cut the posts down to the parts you care about.  This enhances readability quite a bit.  For instance, that last quote could have been cut down to just the part about you.  Also, regarding your PFP point, people often forget/don't notice the abbreviation spoiler.  It happens.
Right, I'll keep that in mind next time. And in regards to the PFP thing, I guess that is right. However, I still have two strong points telling me that he is scum.
tn5421:
Where to even begin on your post.
@borno, #106: One long big pseudo-justification for your omgus.  You must be so proud.
For one, having any sort of justification for a vote makes it not an OMGUS. An OMGUS is when you vote someone for the sole reason that they voted you, which you would realise if you properly read my post. You claim that it is merely a pseudo-justification, yet you do nothing at all to back up your claim? Are you even trying anymore? Make a real post against me!
Fuck.  You.
For one, it is not a wagon if there's only three people voting you currently. And I'm sorry, you're not playing aggressively. You're just trying to stir up as much trouble between the townies that you can.
@Kansa: He was attempting to panic the townsfolk, which is an action that primarily advances the scum wincon.  I don't see the need to defend myself at this point in the game, as the people that are voting me are doing so for mainly nonsensical reasons.  Except for RangerCado, I think.
What? I was never trying to panic the townsfolk; it was a hypothetical question! Really, I do see a need to defend yourself. You are acting incredibly scummy, and every post you refuse to make a defense just makes you even more. Please state why Jack A T and I have nonsensical questions, whereas RangerCado does when he just restates one of the points I made. Honestly, when you flip scum RangerCado's going to need some investigating.
The reality is that if you're stupid enough to lynch me, you deserve to lose my support anyway.

That is a perfectly acceptable situation for me anyway, because it means I can avoid a wall-war with people that are just going to throw the game anyway.
...I have nothing to say. You realise that you are the one who is throwing the game when you refuse to defend yourself? Honestly, I don't know who you're trying to persuade by calling the people voting for you dumb instead of actually making some points. I honestly just don't understand your logic.

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2014, 07:03:05 pm »

@Jack A T: Please show where I have refused to answer a question, and I'll show you how to buy seafront property in Kansas.

@borno: pseudo = false, but thanks for trying

tn5421:
@borno: Wow, no questions to me.  The insult cuts deep.
Sorry, friend.
It is lylo, and the votes are tied.
One player is slightly scummy and lurks and the other is more scummy but is active. Who do you choose to lynch?

Please tell me ALL ABOUT how its a question.  I will redirect you to the seafront property in Kansas.

We both know I'm conftown, since your role pm told you who your scumbuddy was, I don't understand why you think you can keep this pretence of legitimacy up.

Nice twisting my words, by the way.  I firmly stated my desire to not play with idiots, because it's not fun in the slightest.

As to why I don't need to defend myself; all you're going to do is twist anything I could possibly say until its barely recognizable anymore, so why should I feed the troll?

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2014, 07:03:58 pm »

Summary: I've caught you in a lie.  Please lie more to cover up your initial lie.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26