Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLVII: Vampire Coven - GAME OVER! SCUM WIN!  (Read 58864 times)

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr (PARTIALLY NSFW)
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVII: Vampire Coven - Day One
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2014, 08:07:35 pm »

@borno: Wow, no questions to me.  The insult cuts deep.

@Kansa: You do realize jailing the cop means he's basically a Named Town, right?

@RangerCado: The question was "What did you learn from the other game with same setup?"  and the reply was "Was I a bad IC?".  That is the very picture of dodging the question.  I have no idea what PFP exams are so I can't make the call on whether or not its legit, simply assuming it is.

Because it's more relevant to the game than most of the handwave questions being asked currently.

@darkpaladin109: My ideal scumbuddy would be Jack A T or RangerCado.

@Kansa: The Cop, because he can confirm guilty and confirm innocents.  It is a much stronger ability than Jailkeeper when a game runs for a long time, because it can form a gamebreaking strategy.
[21:23:48] <GhostFrog> bdsm is always more fun with a restraining order
[9:00:59 PM] kingdomacesbeta: Actually knowing what you're doing is overrated.

Mafia Dossier: MafiaScum Wiki - tn5421

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2014, 08:08:19 pm »

@Everyone: How do you feel about our chances of finding and lynching a member of the scum team day one?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2014, 08:33:25 pm »

-snip-
DarkPaladin: Tiruin all the way. Shes a player I can get along with quite easily, and shes a player who I know knows how to seem like a Townie ALL the time. Its nice to have a player who can usually earn others trust on a scum team.

Whats your top 3 scum tells you look for during the RVS stage of the game?

@RangerCado: The question was "What did you learn from the other game with same setup?"  and the reply was "Was I a bad IC?".  That is the very picture of dodging the question.  I have no idea what PFP exams are so I can't make the call on whether or not its legit, simply assuming it is.

Because it's more relevant to the game than most of the handwave questions being asked currently.
tn5421: PFP means 'posting from phone'. This usually means that the post was either rushed, not formatted well, or that they don't have time for full post or answer. Exams means she has exams, as is normal during May and June.

@Everyone: How do you feel about our chances of finding and lynching a member of the scum team day one?
This question shows up a lot, and the answer is always relative to the player. Personally? I don't believe its THAT likely, but you never know what will come up. An early slip-up could occur and we could get a scum player out day 1. Its really too early to tell.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2014, 09:17:26 pm »

@RangerCado: I knew I had seen that acronym before. 

I feel our chances are alright (roughly 1/4 for town).

@ the question in your customtext: You're adorable because of how cute your avatar is.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2014, 11:15:13 pm »

tn5421: Not bad.  While Day 1 is not known for scum lynches, we've got a reasonable (for day 1) chance if we are active.  If we fail, well, we've got two survivable mislynches.
Fascinating.  You focus so much on one line of the reply, accusing Tiruin of active question evasion based on it.  What did/do you think about the rest of the reply?  What did Tiruin's first two lines indicate to you?
They certainly indicated confusion about the question to me.
@darkpaladin109: My ideal scumbuddy would be Jack A T or RangerCado.
Why?

Tiruin: I'd love to see you post some content soon.  Thoughts on the game so far?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2014, 09:36:08 am »

Another thing:

Be bold.  When you see something you think is suspicious/scummy, take action.  Question.  Vote, whether to lynch or just to apply pressure.  If you don't know why someone took an action they took, ask.  Ask people lots of questions about their actions.  Don't hold back.  Don't let nervousness prevent you from taking action.

Use your votes.  Use them to apply pressure in your investigations.  Use them to kill off the most suspicious players.  Use them to show your suspicions.

Be active.  When you can contribute, try to contribute.  Low activity kills games, especially BMs.

Players have done stuff today (not much, but still), and there is material to look at.  For that matter, you can look at players who haven't acted, whether through not posting or through not doing anything when they post.

Let's get this game moving a bit.
Everyone (yes, I know I recommended against posing questions like this, but fuck it): Look through the thread.  Does anyone look suspicious?  Who?  Why?
borno: You mentioned in your first (and only) post that you felt you had been a bit too lurky in your last game.  Are you going to do anything about that, or just keep on doing little?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2014, 11:44:43 am »

Be bold.  When you see something you think is suspicious/scummy, take action.  Question.  Vote, whether to lynch or just to apply pressure.  If you don't know why someone took an action they took, ask.  Ask people lots of questions about their actions.  Don't hold back.  Don't let nervousness prevent you from taking action.

Use your votes.  Use them to apply pressure in your investigations.  Use them to kill off the most suspicious players.  Use them to show your suspicions.

Be active.  When you can contribute, try to contribute.  Low activity kills games, especially BMs.

Players have done stuff today (not much, but still), and there is material to look at.  For that matter, you can look at players who haven't acted, whether through not posting or through not doing anything when they post.

Let's get this game moving a bit.
Everyone (yes, I know I recommended against posing questions like this, but fuck it): Look through the thread.  Does anyone look suspicious?  Who?  Why?
borno: You mentioned in your first (and only) post that you felt you had been a bit too lurky in your last game.  Are you going to do anything about that, or just keep on doing little?

Other than me still waiting on an answer from Tiruin, nothing has struck me as too odd.  At least, not yet.  Then again my early game skills aren't the best.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2014, 12:23:31 pm »

tn5421: Okay.  You missed a few questions (look after the second and third quotes).
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2014, 01:07:56 pm »

@Jack A T: My bad, I assumed the rest wasn't addressed to me for some reason.

point 2: The fact of the matter is we are still waiting on an answer from him, and I won't rest until I get it.

point 3: From what I've read from you, I feel that we would make an effective scumteam.  RangerCado seems like he/she can keep calm under pressure, which is a valuable trait in a scumbuddy.

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2014, 01:08:56 pm »

Oh, and on a side note:

@Jack A T: I would be highly suspicious of reply #80 if you weren't an IC.  Being super bold just makes you the primary target for a nightkill.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2014, 01:58:43 pm »

@Jack A T: I would be highly suspicious of reply #80 if you weren't an IC.  Being super bold just makes you the primary target for a nightkill.
tn5421: The "be bold"-type advice is standard IC advice.  The goal is to make an environment that is harmful to scum.

When most of the town is timid, and unwilling to take action, scum blends in most easily by not taking action.  This leads to a game where little evidence is generated, leaving a situation where the scum is pretty safe.

When most of the town is bold, and takes action, scum has to take action to blend in.  That leaves a trail of actions to analyze and to question them about, in a game full of people trying hard to analyze actions and question people.  Positions taken can be questioned, arguments can be examined, and effective scumhunting is easier.

Yes, scum tends to kill bold people.  There's a reason why they do so.

point 2: The fact of the matter is we are still waiting on an answer from him, and I won't rest until I get it.
tn5421 again: I know, but this doesn't answer my questions.

Rereading the rules on prods, I noticed that prod requests can be done after 24 hours of inactivity.  Let's prod.
MyOwnWorstEnemy: Prod borno, Fniff, Kansa, Scripten, and Tiruin, please.  All have hit the 24+ hour inactivity mark.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2014, 01:59:18 pm »

Oh hey, I'm here, don't worry.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2014, 02:01:06 pm »

Fniff: Great!  Would you be so kind as to answer my questions?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2014, 02:04:45 pm »

tn5421: I am not entirely sure what you mean by this, if you mean they would be automatically confirmed town by my actions then that is not the case. I would simply make a judgement with the information in the thread provided and I might be wrong in my assumption. Even if it did though it would still be useful to protect the cop from the mafia

I am not sure we will find someone on the first day, we could possibly but I do not think it is likely.

Jack A T: I am not sure who looks suspicious yet, mostly everyone has been acting ok for me.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2014, 02:10:21 pm »

Fniff: Great!  Would you be so kind as to answer my questions?
Certainly.
Fniff:
On mafia experience in the scumteam: Be aware that ICs, who are experienced, could be scum.  We are not above suspicion.

On the mob behaviour bit: How do you intend to ensure that multiple pieces of evidence accumulate against someone?  Do you intend to question people who have one piece of evidence against them, or is avoiding such questioning part of avoiding anything that lacks more than one piece of evidence?
Are you going to depend on others to start cases with multiple pieces of evidence?
Ah, I was thinking that ICs were more "independent observer" then actual players. My bad. Anyway, I'll keep an eye on you lot.

As for mob behavior, I was thinking that grilling the accusing player would be a good start. If their argument still stands up to multiple questions in various different areas, then I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. If it doesn't, then I won't agree with it and encourage others to follow along. I imagine such questions would entail things such as asking how long they've held the suspicion and if they've had it for long why they only chose to reveal it now, but that is speculation and this would be a case-by-case thing. Multiple questions imply multiple evidence, and while having one strong piece of evidence is great having some other evidence to back it up helps it's case. I wouldn't trust a collection of weak evidence, but I wouldn't feel comfortable basing my vote on just one piece of evidence, however strong it was. Unless it was something obvious like "I'm a cop and *user* is actually mafia", but even then it'd have to have the accompanying evidence that the player claiming is actually a cop.

I think it may be too early in the game to tell. I've give the thread a look through.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26