Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLVII: Vampire Coven - GAME OVER! SCUM WIN!  (Read 58912 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVII: Vampire Coven - Day One
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2014, 02:14:29 pm »

Oh, and on a side note:

@Jack A T: I would be highly suspicious of reply #80 if you weren't an IC.  Being super bold just makes you the primary target for a nightkill.
tn5421: So what? Unless your the Jailer or the Cop, theres literally no reason to not be bold and risk your neck to dig for information. A lot of players, myself included depending on the game, get very attached to trying to keep themselves alive by not trying to be bold, or not taking some courses of action.

You also seem to be taking a very relaxed approach right now, answering questions and waiting on someone, but not spending your time on other targets. Do you have someone you'd like to question? Or just give questions to your questioners.

Oh hey, I'm here, don't worry.
Fniff: ...Yes, now why don't you go answer the questions posed to you, as well as do a bit of your own hunting? Saying your here but doing nothing else is just being lazy, or active-lurking.

Jack A T: I am not sure who looks suspicious yet, mostly everyone has been acting ok for me.
Kansa: In this situation, why not pick a couple people and start questioning them instead of sitting on the side lines? Even when you have nothing to work with, its never a good idea to sit there not hunting. You also said mostly. So there is someone your slightly suspicious of? If so, press them!

Fniff: No questions? Even if your going on a dig through the thread, you should still try to question someone for more information today.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2014, 02:49:04 pm »

To Rangercado: I'm not really sure of the best questions to ask, I'll give it a try though. I don't have any suspicions though, the mostly was just my style of typing.

To Scripten: Who do you believe would be the greatest threat if they were scum?

To borno: Would you ever claim you were a cop if you weren't if you thought it would help catch the scum?

« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 02:52:58 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2014, 03:29:14 pm »

DO NOT EDIT IN MAFIA

To Rangercado: I'm not really sure of the best questions to ask, I'll give it a try though.
Kansa: A good idea, when you see behaviour you find suspicious or want more information on, is to ask whoever did it for their reasons for doing it.  Try to come up with other questions as well when scumhunting, but the basic "why?" is usually helpful.
To borno: Would you ever claim you were a cop if you weren't if you thought it would help catch the scum?
I'm just going to interrupt this question right now, for ICing reasons.  Don't.  Just don't.

RangerCado: You have indicated that you suspect tn5421, yet you keep your vote on darkpaladin.  Said vote was an RVS vote, and you have not indicated that you suspect darkpaladin.

Would you be so kind as to tell us why you are so hesitant to vote for your suspect, especially when we're about 26 hours away from the end of the day (if there is no extension)?  Why do you prefer keeping an old, reasonless vote?

Speaking of the end of the day, extend.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2014, 03:30:45 pm »

Jack A T: Ok sorry

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2014, 03:43:01 pm »

Jack: I'm hoping the vote will motivate darkpaladin to post a little more before normal day end. tn5421 hasn't done enough for me to believe it would help more then what I'm hoping my vote currently is doing. Do not mistake this for hesitation. A vote holds pressure, just as an FOS brings something to attention. Everything in this game takes time, and I plan to work through things to obtain the most information possible. I haven't played a game with most of these players, yourself included, so I have to 'test the waters' so to speak on most things I attempt.

EXTEND
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2014, 03:48:39 pm »

RangerCado: Acceptable.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2014, 04:02:54 pm »

extend

sorry rl happened

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2014, 04:12:03 pm »

RangerCado: Fair enough. I don't really have anything to say, beyond answering some questions, though.
@Everyone: How do you feel about our chances of finding and lynching a member of the scum team day one?
I suppose our chances are slim, though I could be wrong.
Everyone (yes, I know I recommended against posing questions like this, but fuck it): Look through the thread.  Does anyone look suspicious?  Who?  Why?
Borno could look suspicious due to not posting much, but he did give a semblance of reason. Don't have any reads right now, I'l reread the thread tommorow.
Extend, if there are any more necesarry for it to suceed.

Gonna have to go to bed now.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2014, 04:37:43 pm »

tn5421:
@borno: Wow, no questions to me.  The insult cuts deep.
Sorry, friend.
It is lylo, and the votes are tied. One player is slightly scummy and lurks and the other is more scummy but is active. Who do you choose to lynch?
@Everyone: How do you feel about our chances of finding and lynching a member of the scum team day one?
I don't think that it is awfully likely, due to d1 lynches being more about information, but it may well happen.
Jack A T:
Everyone (yes, I know I recommended against posing questions like this, but fuck it): Look through the thread.  Does anyone look suspicious?  Who?  Why?
borno: You mentioned in your first (and only) post that you felt you had been a bit too lurky in your last game.  Are you going to do anything about that, or just keep on doing little?
I'll look through the thread once I get home from school in about nine hours. On your second question, I do hope to be more active in this game, but due to seemingly being in a different time zone to everyone else it's hard to have a proper conversation  :(

Extend, will post more when I get home at the aforementioned time.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2014, 04:43:50 pm »

Edit: Just realised I'm coming home late today  ::) Make that 10 hours.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVII: Vampire Coven - One Spot Left!!
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2014, 04:45:17 pm »

Votecount:
  • darkpaladin109: RangerCado (1)
  • borno:
  • Fniff: Jack A T (1)
  • Scripten:
  • tn5421:
  • RangerCado:
  • Kansa:
  • Jack A T:
  • Tiruin: tn5421 (1)

Votes to Extend: [0/3]
Votes to Shorten: [0/5]

Day has been Extended! Day ends Monday at 7 pm EST

Kansa: Editing is prohibited. This is your only warning. The next time you edit a post, you will be modkilled.

borno has been prodded and has ninja'd me. :P
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr (PARTIALLY NSFW)
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2014, 05:18:38 pm »

@Jack A T, #85: That's why I included the qualifier "If you weren't an IC".
The question about how his experiences with the setup shape his views on how this game will play out has not been answered and I will not let go until it is.

@Kansa, #88: I'm not sure what this is a reply to, assuming you mean 'is anyone suspicious' but parts of your reply don't fit that line.

@Fniff, #89: The Scum IC is the independant observer, the other ICs are actual players.

@RangerCado, #90: What is the significance of Blue-Bolding my name?  I am awaiting a reply from Tiruin in regards to reply #53 [http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138613.msg5294398#msg5294398].  Reply #54 does not adequately explain anything except for Tiruin being busy IRL.  People have commented on my tendency to take my time with things.  I don't really understand that, but I don't dive in head first unless I'm fairly sure I can do something productive, as I'm an easy mislynch when I get aggressive.

@Kansa, #91: ALL OF MY FoS FOR POST EDIT[/rvs]

@Jack A T, #92: Does blue bold indicate a FoS?

@RangerCado, #94: Except I don't feel pressured, at all.  I'm not doing anything wrong, you are suspecting me based on my playstyle only.

@Tiruin, #96: I don't mind waiting but I still want my question answered when RL isn't eating your time.

@borno, #98: No.  No.  We are NOT in lylo.  There are 2 scum / 7 town as per the setup.  I do not like this post at all.

Vote: borno

But please tell us how we are in LYLO on day one.
[21:23:48] <GhostFrog> bdsm is always more fun with a restraining order
[9:00:59 PM] kingdomacesbeta: Actually knowing what you're doing is overrated.

Mafia Dossier: MafiaScum Wiki - tn5421

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2014, 05:48:55 pm »

I'm sorry for the edit, I was simply trying to make one of my questions more clear and I forgot about the rule. My bad.

To tn5421: I'm sorry for not making it more clear, my first paragraph was about you saying. You do realize jailing the cop means he's basically a Named Town, right?

The second paragraph was referring to the suspicion thing

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2014, 05:50:50 pm »

@Jack A T: I would be highly suspicious of reply #80 if you weren't an IC.  Being super bold just makes you the primary target for a nightkill.
Unvote, vote tn5421.  The more I think about this post, the more off-putting I find it.  You claim that advice to be bold would be suspicious if I weren't an IC because bold players tend to be the targets of nightkills.  That is to say, because scum tends to dislike bold players enough to want to get rid of them.

Why prioritize the scum's feelings about townies over the town's investigation of scum?

The question about how his experiences with the setup shape his views on how this game will play out has not been answered and I will not let go until it is.
First, Tiruin is still female.
Second, this is still not an answer to either of my questions.  You accused Tiruin of dodging a question.  When questioned about your vote, you responded by focusing on one line of Tiruin's post.  I asked two questions:
What did/do you think about the rest of the reply?  What did Tiruin's first two lines indicate to you?
Not very complicated questions.  These two are focused on the context of the line you justified your initial accusation with.

Twice now you have responded to these questions about context by saying you really, really want to see an answer from Tiruin, as if that answers these questions.

So.  Please answer the questions I asked, preferably with something that actually answers my questions.  Thank you. 

@borno, #98: No.  No.  We are NOT in lylo.  There are 2 scum / 7 town as per the setup.  I do not like this post at all.
Vote: borno
But please tell us how we are in LYLO on day one.
... that's a hypothetical question.  Even if it was not, how exactly would confusion about LYLO in day 1, especially in a Beginner's Mafia, be scummy?

Blue text is generally used to indicate a FoS, yes.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr (PARTIALLY NSFW)
« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2014, 07:22:07 pm »

@Jack A T: Because getting nightkilled or mislynched day 1 gets boring really fast when it happens to you multiple times.

"I think she is busy IRL" answers both questions.

Because its right there in the rules, free for everyone to read, maybe?

You go right ahead and lynch me day one, it doesn't make a bit of difference to me.
[21:23:48] <GhostFrog> bdsm is always more fun with a restraining order
[9:00:59 PM] kingdomacesbeta: Actually knowing what you're doing is overrated.

Mafia Dossier: MafiaScum Wiki - tn5421
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26