Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Bloodied: A Dark Detective Fantasy  (Read 5720 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Bloodied: A Hard Boiled Fantasy
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2014, 01:51:29 pm »

Sneak past the monster only taking a half glance while we do so.
+1 Keep .38 ready and be prepared to plug the bastard.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2014, 04:21:20 pm »

Silently she reached into her bag and drew the .44 magnum, slowly clicking the hammer back. The strange animal failed to hear, violently slamming itself into the now lightly dented opening as it's jaws audibly snapped open and closed. With soft footsteps Alex slowly walked behind the dog, carefully watching it with her finger just outside the trigger guard. It was hard to tell what it was doing beyond hurting itself, but it was large enough that she didn't want to find out. Once she was a good thirty feet away she turned her back, stealing paranoid glances over her shoulder. Thankfully it was too preoccupied to care. As she walked away the smell of burning flesh faded, but so did the blood trail.

The rundown alleyway was nearing an end, meeting the barren and empty street like a T. From what she could see there weren't any patrols nearby at the moment. Going left and onto the main road would be by far the fastest way to Mercer Medical, but it would also be the most open and might draw attention if she didn't find a way inside right away. Going right and down the residential area on the other hand would take longer and would put her at the side of the building. In the far distance she heard the sounds of gunfire bouncing off the buildings, making it impossible to tell where it came from. It was eerily quiet otherwise.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2014, 04:23:53 pm »

Through the residential areas.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2014, 09:59:48 am »

Alex took the road to the right, heading into the residential district. The air in the small lower-end neighborhood felt oppressive. Chains littered the doors with large industrial padlocks sealing them shut. Broken glass was scattered about a few of the lawns and there were a few oddly large scratches along the sides of a couple houses and a few fences were split in two with clean cuts. Alex walked silently onward, tensely moving down the sidewalk past sealed house after sealed house. What were they doing? Barricading an area, sealing off the houses, and possibly shooting people on sight. All of it seemed very Orwellian, especially that it just happened without warning a few days ago. However, that dog that she saw... That wasn't natural. And those split fences... That couldn't be done with gunfire.

She was most of the way down the block when she heard someone talking up ahead. There was a high fence with a heavy overgrowth of creeping vines dividing you from the voices on the other side. They didn't seem to be moving, but that was the road you needed to go down to get to the hospital. Chances are that they're part of the armed patrols and wouldn't take a liking to you being there. Maybe they were talking about what's happening here? If you got close and eavesdropped against the fence there would be no where to hide if they pulled the corner. Just pulling the corner would be a bad idea, but hopping a fence to the back alleys would be noisy. It seemed like there weren't any solid choices.

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2014, 11:10:39 am »

Eavesdrop on the conversation. Gun at the ready.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2014, 11:10:15 pm »

Alex crept along the lawn, drawing her .44 special as she crouch-walked just a foot short of the fence. Her blood was pumping as she heard the words of the man just on the other side of the fence. Through the slats of wood and vine she thought she could see them, but not spectacularly. "...-at do you think is happening at the well? I didn't think it would take this long to seal."

A second voice called back, "Damned if I know." There was a long pause, "Hey, will you help me burn this thing? We can't just leave shit like this around." Alex leaned forward to peek at what they were talking about. The second man, dressed from head to toe in tactical gear dragged a heavily disfigured body to the middle of the street. There was no way that thing they were moving was human. Things about it were all wrong, the arms were long, the hands were spiny and sharp, and it's face was long, but whatever features it had was replaced with bullet holes. They clearly had good aim, or perhaps that thing was just too slow.

The other guy chuckled to himself through his gas mask, "Ah, hell no. You shot it, and I had to drag the last one 'cause your lazy ass didn't want to help." The sound of a bottle cap twisting rustled just past the fence, "Still love to know why the hell these things can get out of a well, but not even our damned radios can..." The loud pulsating buzz within her head started up again, droning out their conversation as Alex's vision get fuzzy for a moment. As her hearing returned she heard the man on the other side, "-the fuck is that anyways? Never felt shit like that near other wells. Think those fuckers actually found one?" The other didn't bother with an answer as the first walked forward, dousing the dead monster with gas from his bottle, sealing it back up before tossing a match at the body. A horrid scent filled the air and Alex fought back a cough, it was horrible. There was a quiet click, "Clean up team two, this is patrol team one. We encountered another 'spawn to the east of the hospital. Subject is burning, resuming patrol."

Their footsteps grew further and further away as Alex's shoulders finally dropped and relaxed. The scent of burning flesh however was picking up and it was making her queasy. On the bright side the patrol moved on, no longer pinning her on the other side of the fence. She was close enough that she could easily make a break for the hospital.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2014, 11:13:54 pm »

Go for it.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2014, 11:39:48 pm »

Mercer Hospital.

Is anyone thinking Alex Mercer here?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2014, 11:45:06 pm »

Mercer is an extremely common name. I've seen it in several books and more than one game. It happens. Notable Example: "Alex Mason" is a main character in Black Ops, and similarly there is "Alec Mason" being the protag of the last two Red Faction games.

EDIT: Ironically the two different Masons are also called Alex, to further illustrate my point that names get reused a lot. :p
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 11:46:39 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2014, 11:52:22 pm »

Still, Mercer in relation to some sort of mutagenic thing is a tad strange.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2014, 12:06:12 am »

I guess, but within the context of this story I doubt it has any meaning at all. It's probably not even a reference. But if it is, well then fuck.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2014, 12:21:42 am »

I guess, but within the context of this story I doubt it has any meaning at all. It's probably not even a reference. But if it is, well then We're fucked.
FTFY.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2014, 01:19:56 am »

Alex pulled the corner holding her hand to her mouth as she struggled not to inhale the toxic fumes of the burning corpse. As she passed it a rough breath got caught in her throat, lightly coughing right into her hand. It was one of the worst things she'd ever smelt, and that includes a week old body during a police collab. Her steps hastened as she fought her cough which was quickly becoming more and more rough til she was hacking. Not wanting to see if the police heard her she ran for it. Up ahead was a small marker with an orange flag, and just beyond that was the hospital. The building looked cold and still, not a thing out of place, but nothing moved. It felt wrong, and the air as she rushed to the side of the building felt oppressive.

The sky darkened with each step as the hospital started to silently shift, expanding, splitting and ultimately becoming something that wasn't anything like the thing it was. She looked back, confused and terrified only to see that the ground was falling away in dry chunks like a wasteland hollowly falling into a pit in the cold blue moonlight. An empty black void followed her where the ground once was behind her, tightening inwards towards the hospital, but it always silently waited for her to move forward, like a lion cornering it's prey.

The stone facade of the building didn't seem to move, rather it grew to an intimidatingly large side, stretching further from side to side than physically possible. The major corners of the building simply didn't seem to exist as the walls extended outwards forever. A moss creeped at the edges at an alarming rate, giving the newly changed structure an ancient look unfitting of a hospital constructed in the mid-70's. The double doors at the side of the hospital remained unchanged, yet somehow just as uninviting as the rest of the building now was. The glass windows were out a good twenty to thirty feet, but they were still there. Alex felt the buzzing again, this time it was stronger. Much stronger. It wasn't so much a buzz... as a rumbling. The pressure on her head was too much and her nose started to slightly bleed. She felt different somehow, but none the less terrified of her surroundings.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notes (New Note) (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2014, 01:22:52 am »

Welp.

Move further into the hospital. Pray head doesn't explode.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2014, 01:24:03 am »

Slowly move closer.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6