Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Bloodied: A Dark Detective Fantasy  (Read 5704 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodied: A Hard Boiled Fantasy
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2014, 08:39:13 pm »

Search corpse, check behind curtains.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2014, 08:46:13 pm »

Check the corpse of the scavenger-thing to see if there are any similar markings as the glyphs. Even a something with a theme of three would probably be related.

Also, check the first-aid cabinet for something we can take with us in case we get injured. Gauze, disinfectant, whatever is there and serviceable.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2014, 01:27:30 am »

Alex panted, calming herself as she continued to stare at the heavily beaten corpse. It's sticky blood dripped off the nightstick. She found herself looking closer at it. There on it's belly, partially covered in it's black blood was a small tattoo of sorts, it was the exact same glyph that was scrawled along the hallways.

She looked over at the police officer's corpse. It was hard to tell if she knew guy from the station Sam worked at or not, but part of his face was missing and her stomach was nearing a tipping point as it was. She knelt beside him doing her best to ignore the blood and the missing chunks of meat, digging into his pant pockets for anything at all. Inside his wallet was $40 (which she pocketed), a now rather depressing photo of the man's family, and his credit cards, which she left. The radio clipped to his shirt was drenched in blood and was smoking, odds were that it was broken. His equipment belt had handcuffs and a key, a tactical flashlight, and a .40 S&W with a spare clip. She felt bad for doing it, but she took the belt, fastening it onto herself just in case. She stood up, putting her .44 back into her purse as she drew the .40 from, what was now, her belt.

Curiosity was getting the better of her, despite the now mild terror. She used the end of the nightstick to move a curtain back. Behind it was a crimson slicked monster that she was tempted to call a hooker. The thing was half-buried into a partially eaten body through it's patient smock, too busy to care that she'd moved the curtain. There wasn't even enough left to tell the sex of the person being eaten. Alex fought back the urge to vomit as she walked to the first aid kit, wanting to put some distance between her and this room.

Alex started sifting through the kit, grabbing most of the more practical bandages, hydrogen peroxide, and medical tape. As she put it all into her bag she could have sworn that she heard someone crying on the other side of the wall over the blaring TV screens behind her. She listened closely, concentrating on the sound. A sobbing female voice echoed in her head as a sudden numbness overcame her, "Why? What's happening to me... Why is this happening?... Where are these things coming from? Who were those people I met earlier?" As feeling started drifting back to her she realized that her nose was bleeding again.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2014, 01:52:57 am »

Search the rest of the room and then go to the room on the other side of the wall.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2014, 02:30:18 am »

PTW :D

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2014, 01:43:13 pm »

Alex shook her head, tearing open a gauze from the first aid kit in front of her and plugged her bleeding nose. That can't have been real. There's no way that she could have heard that from the other side of the wall. She turned to search the desk at the front of the room, starting to rustle through the drawers, and check the papers on the desk for anything relevant. On the emergency patient intake list the day the hospital was shut down there were five serious cases, a couple broken ribs, two stabbing victims, gunshot wounds and a Jane Doe that came in naked and covered in blood, cause of bleeding unknown. She took a better look at the badges on the desk. Huh. One of them was Sam's. She took it with her.

As she was about to look in the last drawer something moving in the corner of her eye made her jump. It was one of those hookers (I immediately regret this name choice. XD) crawling down the second row of beds. Above the noise of the screens a shrill cry came from it's circular razor blade mouth. Alex raised the pistol from the holster and leveled it with the thing as she watched it, edging slowly around the counter to head down the row of beds it wasn't in. The thing leaped at her, using it's larger front legs as springs. With two loud booms in quick succession the pistol kicked firmly against her grip. One of the bullets struck true, tossing it limply back against one of the bed curtains. The room filled with the sound of five or six shrieking cries, causing Alex to panic and rush straight for the exit at the end of the room. Curtains were pushed as she sprinted past with the pistol aimed at the ceiling. She hastily opened the door and slammed it shut behind her.

She found herself in a bent hallway. A painting of the hospital unnaturally bent itself around the hooked corner of the hall and the window on the right side showed the insulation of a wall beyond the glass, hinting at the warped nature of the building. There was little sound other than the loud buzz of the TVs behind her, but a light sobbing could be heard beyond the left wall, must be a small room.  Alex opened the door at the end of the curved hall.

She found herself in a wide room lined with stone tile flooring, a glass walled knick-knack shop was in the middle of the hallway, almost taking up the whole aisle. Most of the shelves inside were toppled and one bookshelf broke through a pane of glass, littering shards everywhere. There was a door with a window right before the shop, and security door further down. Past the shop along the east wall was a heavily barricaded door, which seemed passable, but she wasn't sure if she wanted to know why it was being barricaded off. The sound of the sobbing was coming from a ladies bathroom right next to her.

She poked open the door slightly and peeked her head in. The lights flicked dimly in here, fitting place to be depressed in. It was a small double stalled, but the person crying didn't bother closing the stall door. The crying lady was hulking, a good 6'10" if she had to guess, and dressed in an ill-fitting navy shirt and pants that had ripped in a few places and exposed her midsection. She hadn't noticed Alex poke her head in as her hands covered her eyes. Alex could see past her shoulder-length brown hair that she had small tusk-like teeth protruding slightly, but otherwise her mouth seemed fairly normal.

((Need to update my map, but I have to go immediately. If someone has a less amusingly bad name for the hookers, let me know. XD))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2014, 02:11:10 pm »

(Not knowing what they ARE, I can't be sure, but you could call them rakers instead of hooker. Kind of gets the same idea across.)
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2014, 02:16:51 pm »

Razors? Renders?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2014, 02:37:12 pm »

Monsters is what we'll call them! Disney FAT

Also get the HE'LL out of that bathroom. There's a big chance that this girl is not normal and could be one of the monsters (gigle)

Close the door softly and look for an exit or review notes if we're trapped.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2014, 11:20:54 pm »

Anyway, aim your gun towards-but-not-at-her, as a precaution, and call out to her. Don't alarm her, so don't point your gun -right- at her, and try and use a gentle voice. But if she's dangerous, you want to be able to shoot her immediately if necessary.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2014, 11:23:49 pm »

Anyway, aim your gun towards-but-not-at-her, as a precaution, and call out to her. Don't alarm her, so don't point your gun -right- at her, and try and use a gentle voice. But if she's dangerous, you want to be able to shoot her immediately if necessary.
+1 to this.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2014, 11:48:15 pm »

+1 to this.

L4d witch mode activated...

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodied: A Dark Detective Fantasy
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2014, 12:13:22 am »

Alex eased the door open, leveling the .40 S&W just short of the towering lady in the stall with her finger just outside the trigger guard. Her feet crunched the remnants of a broken mirror under her shoes as she took a step into the doorway. She called out to the tusked teeth lady in a soft toned voice, "Are you alright?"

The lady looked up, confused, but not alarmed. She seemed vaguely familiar as she stared at Alex. The lady stood up, pressing a massive hand against the thin painted steel wall to brace herself as she stood up. In a gravelly voice she replied, "Alex?" She paused as Alex clicked the hammer back in surprise before she could continue. "W-what are you doing here?" Alex turned pale as she realized in the dimmed light of the stall that she was wearing a rather tattered police uniform far too small to fit well. She paused as a tear rolled down her cheek, rolling past her protruding teeth and into her mouth. "You don't... recognize me... do you?" She sat back down.

Alex stared ghostly at the obscenely tall lady, "No. No way. What the hell happened to you?" Her pistol lowered as the horrible realization that this person in front of her was Sam, a foot taller and a hell of a lot beefier. "You don't look like your normal self hon. Let's get out of here." The mirror crunched underfoot as her weight shifted.

Sam's tears didn't stop, "Jim's dead and there was fuck all I could do." She swallowed hard and tried to continue, "Something big tore him limb from limb... I used almost all my bullets on it. It... just stared at me for a moment... and now I'm this... fucking thing." She sat down on the toilet seat cover, which groaned under her weight. "...I'm not sure if I can do this anymore. It's too much."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 12:24:52 am by The Fool »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2014, 12:19:47 am »

Try and comfort her, ask her what's been going on, and how she and Jim got into this mess. What those monsters are, what the glyph is, anything she might know. And then... ask her if she's seen anyone else that... looks like her.

Don't tell her this, but we kind of want to figure out whether this is something different than the monsters, or if people... turn into the monsters. Anything more than "Have you seen any body (living or dead, really) that looks like you?" might make her think of that prospect herself, like "Have you seen any monsters that look sort-of-human, or more-so than the rest?" would probably not help. And... I don't think we want to alarm her more than necessary.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2014, 12:47:07 am »

Try and comfort her, ask her what's been going on, and how she and Jim got into this mess. What those monsters are, what the glyph is, anything she might know. And then... ask her if she's seen anyone else that... looks like her.

Don't tell her this, but we kind of want to figure out whether this is something different than the monsters, or if people... turn into the monsters. Anything more than "Have you seen any body (living or dead, really) that looks like you?" might make her think of that prospect herself, like "Have you seen any monsters that look sort-of-human, or more-so than the rest?" would probably not help. And... I don't think we want to alarm her more than necessary.
plusonescan
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6