Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: Roll To Dodge - Worlds Beyond  (Read 27941 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Worlds Beyond
« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2014, 10:00:45 pm »

For what it counts, I approve the use of !!Medicine!!. It could get me off the wait list and into the game quicker.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2014, 10:35:29 pm »

((Is there a railroad main plot, or are we free to spiral off in our own directions?))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2014, 11:15:48 pm »

Oh I'm going to have fun   ;D

I will summon a monster to nullify your healing.
Please do it means. More materials for !!MEDICINE!!
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2014, 07:43:41 am »

Look around the room! What's in it?
Take a closer look at this text!

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2014, 03:17:39 pm »

((Is there a railroad main plot, or are we free to spiral off in our own directions?))

You're surrounded by a forest in which you don't know what lies within.
Have fun exploring.

Briehn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2014, 03:53:15 pm »

Force the book to summon an ice cage and trap Gilean and Dermonster.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2014, 08:53:49 pm »

Turn 010

Double digits!
Someone forgot to post their action...

((How long till I can try out some !!MEDICINE!!))

Cheer Derm on in the fight if he starts losing chuck a rock at the badger
[2] You look at the fight and realize that it's a bit too serious to start cheering your ally on...Gilean might shoot something at you.

Test out how much woodchuck Beaver I can chuck at wood.
[6] You run towards the Beaver and grab it's tail. You fling him around and spin and spin and spin. You get dizzy. You stop and aim at a tree. [Accuracy : 5 - 1 = 4] You focus and shoot! Gilean goes flying towards the tree. [Gilean's Dodge : 4] Gilean uses his tail to rebound off the tree.
Quote from: Gilean
You're going to have to do better than that to try and kill me.

Stand up and tackle Dermonster, then try to get Gilean to calm down.
"For goodness sakes, stop, this fighting isn't helping anyone."
[3] Like Hellhound, you don't want to fight someone else's fight. You go closer to the fight and witness the two forces clashing.

Look around the room! What's in it?
[5] You carefully examine the room and hope the person doesn't hear. [Movement : 6] You silently move around the room. The walls are lined with books...books that have the sides written in another language. You decide to not read them and continue to venture off. CRACK. The human figure turns his head sideways and looks back at the wall.
Lyeos. Please, make yourself at home.
The person snaps his fingers and a chair appears in front of your eyes. Not wanting to get him mad, you decide to sit.
The world of animals that can speak...how intriguing. With all the beast roaming, they never managed to find my stream. No one ever wanted to take a sip or even look at my graceful waters. Until you came a long.
He turns and faces you. His face is masked by the shadows. You can tell he's a tall man, you see a suit around his body.
Let me introduce myself. I am Azrael, the Titan of Transfiguration.
He stands and looks at his chair. With another flick of his fingers, the chair changes to a golden throne. Nothing like the one in the old forest...this throne radiates with energy. He sits and begins to talk.
I've been trapped in these waters for who knows how long. I waited for a special someone to come and use my powers. You, Lyeos, have decided to take it upon yourself and do so. With that, I grant you my loyal service. But, it comes with a price. You may summon my power and let me transfigure whatever your needs may be, but I'll have to take some of your life essence for me to control your inner magic. Luckily, this will stop eventually. You'll have to learn how, I can't teach you. With that, my lord, I bid you goodbye.
He snaps his fingers and you wake up from your slumber.

Force the book to summon an ice cage and trap Gilean and Dermonster.
[5] You open your book and close your eyes. Hoping to open them and see the words of magic. You focus and focus. You open your eyes. [Luck : 6] Words begin to show throughout the pages of the books. Countless synonyms of all the same word. Ice. You read the first page.
Glacime.
The word flies out of the page and goes mid air before separating into two parts. They sky blue letters float to their designated targets. Gilean turns and looks at the words and runs! [Gilean's Dodge : 1] He's too slow! The words catch up to him and sink into his fur. He tries to run but he slams right into the cold bars of a cage.
You little pest!
He retaliates by throwing another ball of liquid at the bars. [Damage : 2] It leaves an acid mark, but doesn't break it. He's trapped for good.
[Dermonster's Dodge : 6] Dermonster manages to outrun the words as they fade away after a while. [Life Drain : 6] You don't feel your body ache at all.

[Skill : 2] You don't learn anything new from what just happened.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
[2] Go run up to the human and slap it.
[2] You look up to the human and look back. He looks a bit too scary to be messing with.

Quote from: Gilean
Burn through the cage with Bane of Agony.
[6] Gilean launches the liquid at the bars of the cage. [Damage : 6] It burns through the bars, but the liquid isn't done yet. It begins to flow through the whole cage and surround Gilean as it draws closer to him. He begins to panic and stands still. [Damage : 1] The acid burns through his fur! He yells in pain, managing to shriek a curse of some sort. Everyone hears his last shriek as his voice dies down. He's now on the floor. Passed out.

Background : [1] Everyone is too busy observing the fight.

Statuses :
Spoiler: "Lerman" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Dermonster" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Lyeos" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Briehn" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Hellhound" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Idaros" (click to show/hide)

NPC's :
Spoiler: "Gilean"" (click to show/hide)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2014, 09:04:31 pm »

((you snuck an update in there, I totally missed it  :o))

Examine my surroundings. Try and talk to the weird man.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2014, 09:11:16 pm »

"Who's a master in what now, sucker!? Enjoy burning in your own acid!"

Poke my markings and try to get them do to something. Otherwise, head off to the east, I guess.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 14, 2014, 09:11:31 pm »

hunt around the area for weapons preferably ranged
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2014, 07:46:48 am »

Sing a loud song so the others can find me!

Briehn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2014, 03:39:17 pm »

Try to understand the book.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 15, 2014, 05:00:44 pm »

Turn 011

My mistake, Lyeos and Lerman. I switched your situations. However, Lyeos still owns the same abilities as do you Lerman.

((you snuck an update in there, I totally missed it  :o))

Examine my surroundings. Try and talk to the weird man.
[4] You look around the room and realize that the walls are pitch black. It seems as though there are no walls! You decide to not test that out and walk towards the person. An elegant voice fills the room...
Sit.
You recognize the voice to be female and look around. No chair. You look back at the person and then back behind you. In front of your eyes is a chair made out of water. You sit down and feel as the water solidifies into ice. The lady stands up and looks at you. Her facial expressions change! Her face is now of a mans.
Hello, Lerman. Welcome to my humble home. I am Azel, the Titan of Trickery.
He looks at the walls. You look at them also, and you begin to realize that the walls are no longer black. They look like the sky...then you realize you're in the sky! You begin to panic but Azel begins to speak,
Quote from: Azel
No need to fear, my home will not be going anywhere. Now, let's talk business. If you haven't noticed, we are now binded magically. Check your right arm.
You look at you right arm and see something on your wrist. It's a mask.
Quote from: Azel
You are now able to use my abilities to fool your enemies. But my magic comes with a price, I will have to consume some life essence to allow my magic to flow through me and out from you. Now good luck out there, Lerman.
He snaps his fingers and you manage to see his face become a lady again.

"Who's a master in what now, sucker!? Enjoy burning in your own acid!"

Poke my markings and try to get them do to something. Otherwise, head off to the east, I guess.
[4] You examine your markings once more. You decide to poke a spot that lies on your wrist. It looks as though it's a symbol of thunder. Your finger reaches it. [Reaction : 5] You see the skies darken! The trees around you begin to melt into the ground. You soon realize your body is surging with thunder. [Control : 5] Your body seems to be handling the surprise quite well. You begin to test out your new abilities. [Luck : 6] You aim your arm towards the sky and let it go. Lightning sparks fly out of your palms as you feel your body fill with adrenaline. You turn and face Gilean. Filled with rage, you aim your palm at him. You release another round of lightning! It almost reaches his face when you see a shield engulf the lightning. Behind the shield is a Lion. The lion's eyes are filled with fire as it puts the shield down.
What in the Order are you doing? Do you realize summoning the power of a Titan is never to be used?
[Life Drain : 6] You manage to stand up straight and feel no fatigue. But as you try to stretch you notice that your runes are gone. What's left is a mark that seems to be thunder.
Stupid human... No idea why Ioa said you were important. Let me introduce myself, I am Amber. The huntress of the forest. My history is not important to you. Now, what have you done with Gilean?
You explain how he had stepped in his own poison.
Quote from: Amber
What an idiot...I'll have him healed later, I want him to understand his stupidity. As for you humans, I want you all to meet here soon.

[Skill : 5] You're head is now filled with the knowledge of Thunder Magic and Amadriel.

hunt around the area for weapons preferably ranged
[2] You manage to find nothing in this vast forest. Maybe because they don't use weapons?

Quickly grab Gilean and get him out of the now acidic cage, regardless if I'd get injured.
[6] (Gilean is already going to be healed by a medic, but now he won't be.)
You run towards Gilean and try to think of a way to pick him up and out. Amber looks at you,
Quote from: Amber
What are you trying to do? Pick him up? Gilean ways more than you'd expect. If you want to, go ahead.
[Strength : 6] You life up Gilean with incredible strength and step out of the acid. [Dodge : 2, Damage : 5] You step in a puddle of acid! You feel your feet getting burned, yet you feel no pain. You decide to step out and toss Gilean to the ground near Amber as she looks at you with astonishment. [Gilean's Damage : 4] Gilean just flops onto the ground.

Sing a loud song so the others can find me!
[6] You decide to test out your vocal abilities. You scream the lyrics of "Pokerface" to the forest. [Reaction : 1] You manage to get everyone angry. Briehn looks at you in anger and opens his book. [Briehn's Luck : 5] He manages to find something that'll shut you up. You suddenly see a word coming towards you. It's hard to read because of it's bold color. It's in visual range as you notice it to be the word "Cage". You run away from the word! [Dodge : 1] You trip over a rock! The word seeps into your skin. You try to run nowhere but you're met with a metal door! [Damage : 5] You rub the pain away. You're now in a metal cage, there are holes for oxygen at least. [Briehn's Life Drain : 6] Briehn feels nothing after his accomplishment.

Try to understand the book.
[5] You continue reading the book after encasing Lyeos in a cage. [Luck : 6] You've managed to make the book write words that you've never seen before! [Insight : 5] You've managed to learn everything about the book. You question whether or not you should try it now. You decide to try it out. You focus on the book to make it say "Melt". [Luck : 4] The word emerges from the pages. You look towards the cage and blow the word towards it. It flies off the page and hit the cage. The cage melts as you see Lyeos sitting.

Background : [1] The sky is blue.

Statuses :
Spoiler: "Lerman" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Dermonster" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Lyeos" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Briehn" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Hellhound" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Idaros" (click to show/hide)

NPC's :
Spoiler: "Gilean"" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Amber"" (click to show/hide)

I have decided to remove NPC actions due to the fact that nothing important will happen. The NPC statuses will still stay here.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 11:04:24 am by Ethereal »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 15, 2014, 05:05:44 pm »

Sing a better song, like, you know, Beat It.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 15, 2014, 05:15:50 pm »

Sing a better song, like, you know, Beat It.

What is up with you and songs.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20