Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Eidolon (closed and retired)  (Read 15440 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Eidolon (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2014, 02:11:39 pm »

I think it's better if we ask central control to find a mechanic for us. If we go to the civilians, we will draw enemy fire towards them.

+1 worth asking.
Might as well.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2014, 05:09:46 pm »

That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2014, 09:47:25 am »

Sorry again, I have small kids, and weekends are hectic

Quick consideration tells you that trying to get help from an HQ group could speed things up, "This is Reaver 5-5, is anyone still on the air?"
static crackles on the line for around a minute, then, finally a familiar voice responds.  "Reaver 5-5, this is tower 3, I can hear you.  We saw heavy weapons fire, are you alright?"
"Tower 3 I am pleased to report two hostile contacts destroyed, but my leg is in really bad shape, any chance you can contact the rescue camp and find a few mechanics?"
Several seconds pass, "Hold on captain, I'm checking."  Another several seconds, then, "Captain, local security forces have found your mechanics, they are on the way."
In less than five minutes two trucks wind through the wreckage, before they even stop, people are climbing out and approaching.  They have no medics available, but the mechanics are already hard at work.  Ten minutes pass, then fifteen, at last a mechanic gives you a thumbs up as he closes an access panel.

Meanwhile, atop the Asimov memorial tower, the Ocarai warmaster frowns, "For Denhir and Cherel to fail our opponent must be capable indeed."
across the roof of the building another mech kneels, "Warmaster, would it not be prudent to act in unison to destroy this human Eidolon?"
"We are Eidolons, we fight alone, you know this."
"I admit to feeling concern, Warmaster, this enemy has displayed exceptional ability.  I know that I am not Denhir's equal, and he was defeated easily."
"Enough, we will seperate and find this human, and when we do we will fight him as honor demandsl."

Mission: Protect civilians in western outer ring hab block, engage enemy as needed.
Reaver:
Main body: armor 50, hp 176/300
left arm: armor 30, hp 110/150
right arm: armor 30, hp 125/150
left leg: armor 35, hp 140/200
right leg: amor 35, hp 82/200
Right hand weapon: Bose Hurricane dual stage focused concussion sonic cannon: 100 AP, 20 damage, unlimited payload (cabled).
Right shoulder weapon: 'Duke' dismounted particle-beam cannon: 100 AP, 500 damage, 1 minute recharge (internal fusion core, particle collection grid).
Left shoulder weapon: 3M Hellstar electro-magnetic linear mass-driver: ignores armor, 200 damage, 10 rounds (clip magazine) 4 additional magazines.
Utility weapon: 'Avatar' plasma sword: 40 AP, 30 damage 120 minutes use (recharges when stowed).
Location: Western industrial block, reaver plant 4.  Labyrinthus Noctis, Mars.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2014, 09:53:08 am »

Find a defensive position, with a good overlook of the surrounding area.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2014, 01:11:56 pm »

Find a defensive position, with a good overlook of the surrounding area.
If they are good at range we should stay low, find a large building or somewhere underground we can draw them to.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2014, 10:12:23 am »

Okay, going to need at least one more vote for an action here, or I will have to do GM things.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2014, 10:24:49 am »

Alright. Large building/underground it is.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2014, 08:02:59 am »

I'm sorry about the long delay, it's been a rough week.

Reasoning that your enemies have the upper hand in ranged combat, you decide to lure your next opponent into close quarters.  Rapidly surveying your computer's map of the city, you locate a nearby entry to the planetary mag-lev tunnel system.  While moving to the station a bright feminine voice fills the cockpit, "Onboard A.I. reboot completed, good afternoon Captain!"

High above the planet Mars, the Ocarai extermination fleet is fighting a desperate battle against the massed fleets of Humankind.  Outnumbered by nearly a thousand to one the humans have nevertheless proven that numbers are irrelevant in the face of superior tactics and technology.  The Ocarai vessels are thin-skinned and lightly armed, being primarily used to jump in system then bombard planets into barren hellscapes.  On the other hand, human ships are massive, have incredibly dense armor, and while their individual weapons are weak, their massed fire carves through ships like wet tissue paper.  In the thousand years of their ascendancy the Ocarai have never fought a space battle against a well equipped opponent, while they are used to fighting hardened ground forces the very thought of engaging a superior fleet has never entered their minds.  Now with less than a tenth of their ships intact, the Ocarai have no choice but to retreat for the first time since they reached the stars.

Mission: Protect civilians in western outer ring hab block, engage enemy as needed.
Reaver:
Main body: armor 50, hp 176/300
left arm: armor 30, hp 110/150
right arm: armor 30, hp 125/150
left leg: armor 35, hp 140/200
right leg: amor 35, hp 82/200
Right hand weapon: Bose Hurricane dual stage focused concussion sonic cannon: 100 AP, 20 damage, unlimited payload (cabled).
Right shoulder weapon: 'Duke' dismounted particle-beam cannon: 100 AP, 500 damage, 1 minute recharge (internal fusion core, particle collection grid).
Left shoulder weapon: 3M Hellstar electro-magnetic linear mass-driver: ignores armor, 200 damage, 10 rounds (clip magazine) 4 additional magazines.
Utility weapon: 'Avatar' plasma sword: 40 AP, 30 damage 120 minutes use (recharges when stowed).
Location: Western hab block, Niven inter-continental rail station.  Labyrinthus Noctis, Mars.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2014, 09:33:36 am »

Explore the tunnels, look for survivors.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2014, 10:03:28 am »

Why did we go underground anyway? I mean, look at our loadout. We have a massive ranged armament, and only a single short range weapon, which really isn't going to defeat them. We easily have the upper hand in ranged combat.

A massive warmech is probably coming for us. Let's place priorities.

Anyway, is the maglev still operational? Since we're here anyway, we might as well us it to our advantage. While neither our mechs nor their are going to be significantly effected by the field, as far as we have seen, they use plasma weaponry. Activating the magnetic fields should seriously disturb their weaponry.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2014, 03:02:11 pm »

Attempt to activate Maglev.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2014, 03:22:24 pm »

@10ebbor10
A blast of plasma, much weaker than the first, lances in to the spot you just vacated.  Plainly Ocarai are bad in close quarters..
Plainly Ocarai are bad in close quarters..
close quarters

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2014, 04:51:20 pm »

+1

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2014, 05:08:02 pm »

If we see any survivors while we're walking around then we'll see what we can do. Otherwise, like ebbor said, we should probably focus on killing the super deadly alien mech right now.

Attempt to activate Maglev.
+1

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2014, 09:02:55 pm »

@10ebbor10
A blast of plasma, much weaker than the first, lances in to the spot you just vacated.  Plainly Ocarai are bad in close quarters..
Plainly Ocarai are bad in close quarters..
close quarters

YES!

Time for some CQC..oh wait wrong universe.

Let's just take out the last 3 dudes and call it in.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15