Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Eidolon (closed and retired)  (Read 15410 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Eidolon (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2014, 01:52:26 pm »

You don't think we might try to capture him? ... Nah.

How have we dropped these two mechs when they killed 20,000 of us before? Undamaged no less.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2014, 01:57:32 pm »

They had the initial surprise and superior weapons and armor. Now we have the surprise and superior(I think) weapons. Our armor is still bad, though.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2014, 02:30:03 pm »

For some reason, we were not allowed to use any of our advanced weaponry. We're currently using tier 3 and 4 weaponry, while the dntire force fought using tier 2 weapons, which probably didn't even leave dents.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2014, 02:43:09 pm »

Which makes little sense considering this is some kind of last stand.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2014, 02:59:43 pm »

Just to be clear, the entire armory supply of Duke particle cannons was two (2) units, you guys are holding weapons usually mounted on WARSHIPS (as light anti-ship guns, but still), the 'last stand' scenario was supposed to be in orbit, the last stand on the ground would have been on Earth.  Furthermore these guys are literally the most badass pilots the enemy has to throw at you, their grunts are only about as effective as yours, high command was operating on the assumption that the Martian ground forces would be facing a conventional mass landing, not a stealth insertion.  And yes, your armor is really really bad in comparison to Ocarai elites, these guys are pushing 150 armor most locations, with four to six hundred hitpoints.

I'll get the turn up later, probably in the early morning.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2014, 03:00:59 pm »

BTW GM what other games have you made/run? Ive been looking for forum games like here on B12 but haven't found anything nearly as this.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2014, 03:04:39 pm »

I'm a tabletop GM, pencil and paper, this is my first forum game.  I've been running and playing games since I was twelve, so I have 18 years of experience, my methods might not translate well to online tho'.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2014, 10:53:02 pm »

Kill the pilot.
+1 with the sword!
+1.
First blast it with another round of the sonics though. Don't want to get into harms way for no reason.
+1, and a bonus helpful diagram:

>:(                o0o0
Enemy pilot     Sonic blast

>:(         <=====}==0
Enemy pilot     Plasma sword

I was bored.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2014, 09:11:31 am »

A blast of plasma, much weaker than the first, lances in to the spot you just vacated.  Plainly Ocarai are bad in close quarters, you pop out and hammer the mech with the Hurricane again, satisfaction fills you as the plasma cannon shorts and dies.  In two steps you close the gap, the Ocarai tries to fend you off, but in a mech as badly damaged as his, the outcome is forgone.  Stepping clear of the now quiscient frame you begin a detailed scan of the factory, while much of it's limited stocks have been destroyed you do locate some parts for you reaver's right leg, now you just need someone able-bodied enough to replace them.

Mission: Protect civilians in western outer ring hab block, engage enemy as needed.
Reaver:
Main body: armor 30, hp 136/300
left arm: armor 20, hp 108/150
right arm: armor 20, hp 120/150
left leg: armor 25, hp 120/200
right leg: amor 25, hp 44/200
Right hand weapon: Bose Hurricane dual stage focused concussion sonic cannon: 100 AP, 20 damage, unlimited payload (cabled).
Right shoulder weapon: 'Duke' dismounted particle-beam cannon: 100 AP, 500 damage, 1 minute recharge (internal fusion core, particle collection grid).
Left shoulder weapon: 3M Hellstar electro-magnetic linear mass-driver: ignores armor, 200 damage, 10 rounds (clip magazine) 4 additional magazines.
Utility weapon: 'Avatar' plasma sword: 40 AP, 30 damage 119 minutes use (recharges when stowed).
Location: Western industrial block, reaver plant 4.  Labyrinthus Noctis, Mars.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2014, 09:20:38 am »

Take the parts, head to where some civvies are located. See if any of them can repair us.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2014, 09:31:38 am »

I think it's better if we ask central control to find a mechanic for us. If we go to the civilians, we will draw enemy fire towards them.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2014, 09:36:01 am »

I don't think there is a central anymore... at least, not much of one.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2014, 09:37:41 am »

I think it's better if we ask central control to find a mechanic for us. If we go to the civilians, we will draw enemy fire towards them.

+1 worth asking.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2014, 01:27:27 pm »

+1 worth asking.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2014, 01:28:39 pm »

+1 worth asking.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15