Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 77

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Shattered Hope IC: Chapter Two: Allies and Enemies  (Read 53722 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"Out of...all the soldiers in the army?"
It took merely a second of silence but a league of thought to ponder on what that meant. A quick question would follow it up, as the young archer still didn't understand.

"But she ordered the soldiers to take care of the civilians. I...am unsure what to be proud of, really. I didn't fight well, if at all. I also took more toll on our healer due to my...antics. I didn't notice a nearby bandit and he got the worse of Elvira before she got healed...

"So I really think a soldier would've done far better than I ever did there. I'm just a...peasant."

She hated that word. It had a lot of luggage around it that most would rather see it as a label than as something describing a person.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

"Hey, now, what do ya think I am, some trumped-up noble?  I'm nothing but a common peasant myself, daughter of a couple of pig-farmers out near the border with Skelos.  If I act like a soldier now, it's 'cause I worked hard at it and learned from the best, and if you were part of the Princess's guard, you're right up there, too.  Ya say 'peasant', I say someone who knows what work really means.  Those old rich nobles who can get armor or rank just by throwing money or privilege around," this, she said with a general wave back towards the capital, "don't really get that.  It's people like our Princess over there, who goes riding out to see to the brigands herself, and people like you fighting alongside her that we look up to, whether it's us in the guard or my family back home."

"'Sides, now that you know what you did wrong, you aren't going to make that mistake twice, right?  I'm here to keep between the bandits and people like you and the Princess now, too, so if yer healer complains, it's going to be 'bout me instead of you."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

The young archer really wanted to give Sandra a hug because of that.

"...I've no idea what to say but thanks and that made my day," she said with the best smile she could muster, which wasn't that much given that she wasn't used to smiling...a lot.
"Agreed on that one. I'm surely going to make up for when I face armored foes. With very long javelins. And...know when an enemy is nearby when I move. In truth...I really like Elvira. Just like people like you. Um, if that made sense anyway."

She wondered what plans Sandra had for the day given everyone else was busy and she didn't like being alone (though she was used to it), probably evident by her glancing around the room--though not indicative of anything to the less astute.
"So once we're done shopping here, its back to the road right? Do you have any idea where we'll be looking for the Fire Emblem? It could...be anywhere, right?" she asked, coming upon her fear of what may come.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

"I'd reckon so.  I haven't got a clue, but the Princess seems to know where we're heading, and I'd imagine that if the pieces are as powerful as she says, they'll stir up a bit of a fuss wherever they landed.  Makes 'em easier to spot, that way; just look for trouble.  Plus, there's those other goons that broke the thing in the first place.  Some of them got away, so they'll probably be collecting the pieces, too."

"Well, you beat 'em once.  If they do collect a few pieces, we can just beat 'em again and take back what they stole.  Plus, I really want a rematch with those bushsnakes."  In spite of her confident air, there was still a hint of unease in her tone. 

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

"I see."

Noel rubbed his chin thoughtfully as Daethwin outlined his reasons for travel. They were pretty good reasons, he supposed, though he didn't have such troubles himself.

"It seems like it would be difficult to adjust to new customs, attitudes, people. I've been having a difficult enough time of it myself, but I suppose that could be just the vast difference in culture between Veros and Denoss. Elvira is certainly a lot friendlier to her servants than the nobles I knew ever were."

"Hmm... well, I'll certainly get a taste of the traveling lifestyle while we hunt down these shards. Maybe I'll get used to it."

"I hope you can put up with me!"

"I'll probably end up saying something that will offend you. Again. I, eh, I don't mean anything bad by it... usually... It's more that I'm not good with people... or tact, for that matter."

"I do look forward to traveling with you, though, and perhaps hearing some of your stories."

Daethwin, to his chagrin, found himself blushing. Again.

"Y-yeah, me too..."

"And I'll try to keep your social skills in mind when taking your comments, then."

"Traveling's great though! You'll see!"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"I suppose I will, at that."

The bard seemed to be blushing a lot. Noel decided to let it pass without comment for now... mostly. Instead, he pointed at Daethwin's bangs - particularly the silvery one.

"That's certainly an interesting style. Is that natural, or...?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Daethwin's good humor faded almost instantly. One hand went up to touch the lock of hair, subconsciously trying to hide it from view.

"Ah...not exactly...no."

"I told you I travelled a lot, yes? Well...I also, sorta...went spelunking. Cave-exploring, tomb-checking, that sort-of thing, I'malittlebitofascholar but, ah, well..."

The bard had seemed very hesitant to mention the fact that he was a scholar, and had glossed over it rather quickly, as if he were ashamed. He was also avoiding meeting Noel's eyes for some reason, and fiddling with the lock of hair. He smiled nervously, finally looking at the dark mage; he was nervous for a reason, since it had to do with dark magic, and, well...

"So, you know how a lot of really old tombs and such are cursed, and the like?....yeah...well....ehhh..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Oh, I see. Hmm. Interesting."

Noel rubbed at his chin with his thumb and index finger.

"I've never been to such places. It might be fun to check out some day."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Eh, I wouldn't be so sure, Mr. Blood-is-too-good-for-funtimes; leaving aside the life-draining curses and demonic creatures, there's more traditional traps: pitfalls just wide enough to jump across if you have a rope, spikes that jut out from the walls at specific time intervals once they've been activated, rolling boulders that only drop if you step on the wrong pressure plate, all that junk."

Daethwin looks Noel up and down with a mock-appraising eye, one hand still covering the discolored hair.

"Yeahhhh, I'm just not so sure you're cut out for that sort of stuff, mister. Much better to stick where you can stay high and dry, away from dusty old tombs that might sully your robes."

The words themselves might have sounded harsh, but the tone they were said in made it clear it was a jest; the bard would likely tease Noel for his 'blood' comment for days, from the sounds of it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Noel scratched the back of his head.

"Well, actually the curses and creatures sound right up my alley. The traps, not so much."

Noel was in good enough shape, but probably not enough to circumvent the obstacles Daethwin mentioned.

"Sully my robes? I'll have you know I've been on stable-cleaning duty before; a little dirt is nothing. You're the pretty one here, no matter what Kosko says about my hair. Frankly I'm having a hard time imagining you with a torch in hand, poking around in dank ruins."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Dimitri turned to reply to Garran.
:"Actually, the only real town like this I've been to is my hometown, and maybe one or two neighboring ones. I'm not actually that well traveled.
I only was at the capital because the church wanted to send me there, anyway, for whatever reason.
"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

"I heard my na-ame~♪" Kosko, back in the inn, moved up to Noel and Daethwin.

"You need me for something, Adorablehair?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Runa is again unsure of who to talk to, everyone seeming to be in their own conversations. I was kinda lonely.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Elvira sighed as she heard Violet's news.

"I knew that there were troop movements for both countries, but I thought it was all just bluster. I didn't think that they would actually invade Licha... I hope that we've done the right thing, coming here. Violet, warn anyone you run into that we might find trouble once we hit Licha please."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Violet nodded and walked away, worried. The people who were talking (Noel, Daethwin, Josephine, the new girl Violet didn't know, Kosko, Dimitri, Garran, Sarah, and Barthus) were easy enough to find and warn, but the rest...

: "Where is Runa? And Jake, I must speak to him as well."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 77