Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Therian Saga: Browser Based XTREME CRAFTING Simulator  (Read 20612 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Therian Saga: Browser Based XTREME CRAFTING Simulator
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2014, 12:36:19 am »

If you're just producing a lot of spare ingots for no reason, I can use them.  I'll turn about anything into armor plates and produce terrible armor that raises my skill :P

Aranna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2014, 01:12:59 am »

So my metal guy finally got to zinc (The jump from silver to calamine takes too damn long), as well as the ability to mine tin/copper for extended lengths of time. I also now have an excess of Zinc, since it seems to be useless. Is there any use for Zinc or Brass you guys have?
Level 25 Foundrywork is needed to make 5 Zinc Ingots into a Zinc Countertop (I think the recipe's in Mocassin Inn, according to the guide) which is used by a woodworker to make Counters for Inns (mandatory to have one for an Inn).  So if you can make it into Countertops, or can send it to someone who can, then that would be of use. No idea about Brass though, as I'm just a carpenter.

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2014, 05:20:25 am »

I think I've hit a wall; I have a decent income (more than I currently know what to do with but not enough to buy stuff for concessions), but it takes all my character's time and effort, so I'm not progressing very fast. I'm considering setting up an alt account that would grind money making activities, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea for multiple reasons. Which leads me to ask the following questions:
  • How do character transfers work, exactly?
  • Can multiple characters on the same account be played simultaneously?
  • What's a good income to have for someone a little over two weeks into the game?
  • What sort of income growth should I aim for?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2014, 09:43:48 am »

1: I know that for 100 crowns you can make a new character on the same account, with the benefit that you share all the upgrades like companion slots and tool slots.  I don't know the process for moving from one account to another.

2: Yes, quite easily.  Just open a new tab.

3: Whatever you're comfortable with, really.

4: Whatever you're comfortable with, really.

Therian has no set progression rate, there is no 'optimal build' or anything.  If you would like more money, then do things to earn money.  If your skills are faltering, work on that instead.  And we can help you in either of those.  We, as a number of bays, have access to the resources and skills to produce a lot of stuff that can help new players advance rapidly.

If you want stable income?  Metal can make blades, Jewelry can make vials/ampules, Herbalism can produce healing potions, and everyone can go dungeoneering - selling loot to NPCs can make a LOT of profit, and a lot of stuff is useful to players for trade as well.  When you start getting into lanfar dungeons specifically, the loot becomes incredibly valuable, and I will personally support you with weapons and some armor if you can use it to go raid dungeons.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2014, 12:37:47 pm »

So I'm trying out this game. Should I be trying to specialize, or should I be trying to get a bit of every skill? How self-sufficient does the game expect me to be?

Also, if I have multiple characters, does each have his/her own queue?
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2014, 01:01:33 pm »

So I'm trying out this game. Should I be trying to specialize, or should I be trying to get a bit of every skill? How self-sufficient does the game expect me to be?

Also, if I have multiple characters, does each have his/her own queue?
Specializing is much more profitable.  You're not expected to be self-sufficient at all, the entire profession system is to promote working together.

Every character is completely distinct from each other.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2014, 01:59:25 pm »

Specializing is good, but things like Specializing in wood yet having enough metal skill to make blades will save you some money if you decide to go for it; it won't really save you time unless you make a massive quantity of blades at once to woodcut with however.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2014, 02:13:08 pm »

I have 6 maple frames and I am making at least 4 more. How many total do we need?

I'll drop them all in the guild vault when I am done with this batch.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2014, 02:21:11 pm »

I have 6 maple frames and I am making at least 4 more. How many total do we need?

I'll drop them all in the guild vault when I am done with this batch.
It's 20 per mine, so that's mostly the goal.  If we have spare, we can surely produce another mine.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2014, 06:02:01 pm »

So, does Bay12 have a guild in this game?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2014, 06:33:02 pm »

I don't understand the crafting system in this game. Is every item only craftable in one place? It's like I can only smelt in one particular building where I am given a quest to smelt a tin bar at some point, and can only make blades in one other particular building where I had a quest to do that at some point... Also where do I see the recipes I've gotten up till now?
<@Akroma> eh

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2014, 06:40:19 pm »

We've got 3, with one about to be at 25 members, and two other guilds at 10.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2014, 06:43:48 pm »

Multiple, although I believe they're all full. One of them is working towards a mansion which would let it have a few more people.
I don't understand the crafting system in this game. Is every item only craftable in one place? It's like I can only smelt in one particular building where I am given a quest to smelt a tin bar at some point, and can only make blades in one other particular building where I had a quest to do that at some point... Also where do I see the recipes I've gotten up till now?
No, it's just for the starting quests, I'd imagine to make sure you don't get lost in menus. After a bit you'll get sent off to Teasan, which is the metal guy's holy city. I'm not sure if there's a screen that just shows what recipes you have, but again, in Teasan there's a list of tabs and you can flip through them and see every metal recipe you have. My understanding is that there's a place like that for every class, and of course you can build a workshop to make everything in.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2014, 06:45:12 pm »

No, it's just for the starting quests, I'd imagine to make sure you don't get lost in menus. After a bit you'll get sent off to Teasan, which is the metal guy's holy city. I'm not sure if there's a screen that just shows what recipes you have, but again, in Teasan there's a list of tabs and you can flip through them and see every metal recipe you have. My understanding is that there's a place like that for every class, and of course you can build a workshop to make everything in.

Ah, that makes so much more sense. Thanks.
<@Akroma> eh

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2014, 07:00:43 pm »

Multiple, although I believe they're all full. One of them is working towards a mansion which would let it have a few more people.
Well, I'm a level 37 herbalist, so if any guild needs one (and has spots open)- PM me. The name's "Aywanez" (not terribly creative, I know).

Also, I've trained my craftswoman as far as she will go. Where does one go for a better companion?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 07:02:45 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7