Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37

Author Topic: Starlight (TSG)  (Read 34723 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Starlight (TSG)
« Reply #495 on: July 15, 2014, 01:58:14 pm »

I am strongly against mentioning Deerman or the supershifting. I am veeery iffy on the abduction of that kid bit, depends on what everybody wants with that.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 15, 2014, 02:06:42 pm »

I agree with not mentioning Deerman, and maybe hold off mentioning super shifting until we actually know if we can trust the school system, mentioning the kids who have some weird relationship with security and sense of power is really iffy to me, because it seems trivial and awkward, but may not be, anything about the security seems important. So I'd go for that at bare minimum, the way they talked about us, and the abduction I mean.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 15, 2014, 05:10:18 pm »

"Needs more free, all-you-can-eat buffets. Also petting zoos. Petting zoos would be fantastic, you know, 'cuz all the animals, especially the sheep, are all so adorable! The pigs are my favorite part, though the whole petting zoo thing can get a bit smelly. I suppose then you'd have to hire someone to clean that up, huh? What d'you think?"

Una starts typing rapidly, then pauses when you go on your petting zoo spiel. She snorts a bit then says "Well, it seems like we have everything around here except a petting zoo. Then again, with the amount of money we get thrown at us, I imagine financing a petting zoo wouldn't be out of the question."

You start totting up a list of questions in your head, crossing out a few relating to the deerman and your unique abilities. You would like to tell someone about those things, but you have to find the right person first. "Can I get a place of my own? The dorms are a little weird. Is the water supply secured against manipulators? Anything interesting and slash or fun to do around here? What do you think of the situation? Are my ears cute? Do we get holidays? How does school work anyway, speaking of? What is the best thing to do to pass time? Is this place about as safe as my old home? More? Less? Can we pick classes? What kind of classes?"

She pauses for a second, then gives a little smile. "You know, you remind me of my son. Okay." She starts typing. "Sorry, but your security level says you have to stay... or not, actually, you're cleared for an apartment. Funny you getting assigned one so early. The water supply is specifically doused with anti-manipulator chemicals on weekly intervals by a group of personnel who are switched out for another one each month. There's a lot of fun activities around here, along with some out-of-school activities such as archery, workworking, drama, and suchlike. Your ears are lovely..." Una stops, and her expression turns to slight frustration. Just before she's about to speak,

*do-do-ding* "Can we please request that all counseling sessions be wrapped up. All students head to the Hall for the official introduction. Have a nice day!"

Una scratches her nose. "Yes, that's about right. It was really nice talking to you, Akei."
Spoiler: Situation (click to show/hide)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 15, 2014, 05:13:17 pm »

But she was about to say something, and in all honesty, unless it was a several minute speech, it wouldn't do any harm to finish what she was saying really quickly, even if it's just a summary.
Hm. How to word this thought....
Take a closer look at this text!

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 15, 2014, 05:22:58 pm »

Archery. We must do it.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 15, 2014, 05:55:08 pm »

Archery, also note to self when we get an excess of stem cells: Give birth to sapient fox.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 15, 2014, 05:58:50 pm »

Archery, also note to self when we get an excess of stem cells: Give birth to sapient fox.
Is it bad that the first thing I thought when I read this was that I really need to slap someone?  :P
Can we... Use them for something useful before we start getting into ridiculous nonsense?  :-\

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 15, 2014, 06:02:55 pm »

Is it bad that the first thing I thought when I read this was that I really need to slap someone?  :P
Can we... Use them for something useful before we start getting into ridiculous nonsense?  :-\
I'm all for doing something useful with our stem cells.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 15, 2014, 06:03:34 pm »

Well I am assuming by the point that we do this that we have an absurd number and have gotten a bunch of useful stuff already.

(Although a self aware fox that is technically a genetic clone of Akei could be super useful. Since it would probably have the same shapeshifting abilities.)

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 15, 2014, 06:23:04 pm »

((That sounds silly.)) I like the councelor, but I feel like we should stop worrying so much about eating when we have somewhere to be. Go to the Hall, check brochure for directions, also remove stick, we don't need that.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 15, 2014, 06:26:13 pm »

What stick?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 15, 2014, 06:27:55 pm »

What stick?
The one in our inventory.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 15, 2014, 06:30:17 pm »

Wait, didn't they say "wrapped up?" Couldn't we in theory drag the convo out a minute or two more?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 15, 2014, 06:31:00 pm »

Wait, didn't they say "wrapped up?" Couldn't we in theory drag the convo out a minute or two more?
Yeeees, which is what I wanted, so she could finish what she was about to say.
I'll shush now.
 :-X

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 15, 2014, 06:32:27 pm »

Remember the deerman fiasco? Its been bugging me forever, and now we can finally be relieved of it. I think its like finish what you were saying and say goodbye and waddle off to the Hall. And Fniff what happened to that relationship dynamic you brought in?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37