Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37

Author Topic: Starlight (TSG)  (Read 34716 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Starlight (TSG)
« Reply #510 on: July 16, 2014, 07:58:38 pm »

(Giving birth to a live fox would require an absurd amount of stem cells, even if you did have the "equipment" for it already. I'm talking "eat a small town" levels of stem cells. So, I'm afraid you may want to keep those thoughts of a trap vomiting up a live fox to your nightmares, Kevak. Or your dreams, depending. Anyway, relationships are still there, I just thought it might be fun letting you guys guess on things more since you are really entertaining when you do that.)

But she was about to say something, and in all honesty, unless it was a several minute speech, it wouldn't do any harm to finish what she was saying really quickly, even if it's just a summary.
Hm. How to word this thought....
"Let's wrap this up, by telling me what you wanted to say!"

Una nods a bit, then says "Yes, I just wanted to say that if you need the help of your personal counselor, look out for an assistance button on any communication devices installed in your place." For some reason, you get the feeling that she wanted to say something else. Wanted, but thought better of it. She nods to you and says goodbye, and to contact her at any time.
((That sounds silly.)) I like the councelor, but I feel like we should stop worrying so much about eating when we have somewhere to be. Go to the Hall, check brochure for directions, also remove stick, we don't need that.
You walk out of the high school, following the brochure and having a brief fantasy about fox friends and learning how to do archery. You toss your stick onto a nearby parkette, where a twenty-something with a shovel and a U2 2033 t-shirt picks it up and puts it a wheelbarrow. The teen then returns to burying something, seeds perhaps. The hall stands tall and thin in front of you. It's built in that big stone hut style that's so popular nowadays. Neotribalism, it's called. There appears to be a lecture on inside at 9:00, which means it is on in three minutes, leaving you to do something short, pointless, and probably incredibly fun.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 16, 2014, 08:00:14 pm »

Impromptu Breakdancing!
Take a closer look at this text!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 16, 2014, 08:11:11 pm »

The early bird gets the worm. Let's get to the lecture and claim a front seat so everybody can see our awesome ears and so we don't accidentally almost end up late.

((So we can create life with stem cells. That is extremely good to know, means in theory we could mimic a manipulator's abilities.))

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 16, 2014, 08:23:11 pm »

((We could probably imitate other powers, with the shifter abilities. We could probably even improve on them more than a natural, say, Adept could since we can alter our mental and physical capabilities.))

Grab a seat in the front row. Bubble to anyone who is there already.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 16, 2014, 08:27:09 pm »

((We could also theoretically make ourselves ageless. And if we keep a reserve of stemcells, we could regen in seconds from a wound. We should probably look into reinforcing our skull, since with that level of regen, the only thing that could kill us is a direct brainshot.))

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 16, 2014, 08:29:29 pm »

((We could also theoretically make ourselves ageless. And if we keep a reserve of stemcells, we could regen in seconds from a wound. We should probably look into reinforcing our skull, since with that level of regen, the only thing that could kill us is a direct brainshot.))
((I think completely crushing most or all of our lower body would also kill us, but that's just me.
I mean, if the amount of stem cells to make a fox is that high, I doubt we're gonna be regrowing the entire lower part of our body - the neck down, I mean.))
Take a closer look at this text!

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 16, 2014, 08:30:42 pm »

((We could probably remove the brain from the picture entirely if we tried - as in the, whatsitsname, [NO_THOUGHT_CENTER] tag or whatever it's called in DF. Basically removing the head doesn't kill the creature so we could have a headless protagonist and be perfectly fine.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 16, 2014, 08:44:00 pm »

Distributed neural network is only a good idea if there are dozens of redundancies.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 16, 2014, 09:59:43 pm »

We should Talk to the farmer man.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 17, 2014, 02:04:59 pm »

Impromptu Breakdancing!
You start b-boying, right on the pavement, which hurts like hell. You try to do a spin on your back but you are literally grinding your ass into stone which is, in retrospect, a shitty idea. However, you look pretty cool to whoever is watching. You stop spinning and stand up, pointing at the gardener who has paused to watch the scene.
Talk to the farmer man.

"You like my styyyyyyyyle, OG? As in Original Gardener"
you say to the gardener who doesn't laugh.

"It might look better with music to it." the gardener shoves his shovel into the ground, pushes it up, and throws the dirt over his shoulder. "Lecture's starting soon. You know. If that's what you're here for."
Grab a seat in the front row. Bubble to anyone who is there already.
You nod, then say goodbye to head into the hall. The place is massive, with sunlight coming from the very top of the dome which creates a natural spotlight on the stage in the center which all the chairs surround. It's filling up pretty rapidly with students, but you see a seat in the front row that no-one has taken. You rush over and sit down in it, turning to your left and opening your mouth to speak... to Kraus, who is fiddling with what appears to be a combat knife. She looks at you and her already stony face seems to turn a little stony.

"What a coincidence." says Kraus, tucking the knife into her boot. "You discover one of the benefits of your little reward?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 17, 2014, 02:19:48 pm »

Early clearance for an apartment?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 17, 2014, 05:03:24 pm »

"Early clearance for an apartment?"
"Give the kid a cigar." says Kraus in a faux-American accent. "You'll love the apartment. Nice and spacious, just one roommate. You pick up on things quick. I'd say with that ingenuity you're a slum diver, except I read your file. Gated community, nice digs... About as good as you can get in Europe. Your parents too poor to afford an apartment in Africa or Asia?"

You bristle a bit at that remark. You couldn't say much for your mother that is in any way positive, but your father has spent his life making sure that you lived well. And when your sister was around, he made sure she was happy too. It wasn't his fault that he had to live in the sort of city where the sound of gunfire and quiet sobbing are like birdsong or car alarms; easily tuned out. It wasn't his fault he had to work for shit pay and constantly go from Chicali to Pyongyang in one day just so he could make sure his kid lived comfortably. It wasn't his fault he left you with your mother.

Kraus chews on a pen. "I saw that look in your eyes in the video of your capture, Akei... And I'm not sure if that's a look I should love or hate."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 05:10:50 pm by Fniff »

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 17, 2014, 05:07:51 pm »

Well, next time you're ripped away from everything you know by a wo/man pointing a stun gun at you, you let me know how you feel.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 17, 2014, 05:09:33 pm »

GM: Fix spelling errors (sur in the last sentence, and loce in Kraus's first statement)

Akei: "You decide." Then turn to the other person and bubble.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 17, 2014, 07:17:19 pm »

Both I think.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37