Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 3: IC Thread  (Read 27266 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 3: IC Thread
« Reply #510 on: June 29, 2014, 04:13:04 pm »

"Alright...I trust your word on this, Dustine." Ayleen said after considering the idea. The cause must in the least be associated with the magic triangle if such was to be inferred.
"But...where is the source?"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 30, 2014, 03:06:46 pm »

Janus did find paper and ink and soon had few sheets with relevant entries copied. In meanwhile, Julian soaked some old, threadbare cloth in oil and stuck it in between the door and frame leading into captain's quarters.

"Dustine can I ask you for a little spark?" He asked, pointing the torch at the woman.

"I think we wasted enough time on this pirates and this cursed vessel. All of you, get back to Rosa Azul."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 30, 2014, 03:12:38 pm »

Dany is somehow already in his bunk and sleeping.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 30, 2014, 03:24:50 pm »

"The amulet is somehow below decks. I don't want to risk getting any closer to it than I need to. It's not worth it."

When Julian asked her for a spark, she grinned. Holding out a hand, she danced a few sparks around her fingers and then gestured towards the torch. They flew at the cloth and hit it, causing a poof of smoke followed by flames.

"There you go boss. I'm in complete agreement here, no need to risk staying here any longer.

With that, she headed back to the ship, hoping that they hadn't been contaminated themselves.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 30, 2014, 03:29:12 pm »

Julian set the cloth stuck at the door on fire. Then he did the same to the torn sails of the pirate ship, and then opened one of the hatches leading inside the ship. Spotting a pile of trash in corner, he threw the torch there.

He then helped get rid of the boarding planks, just as the sails picked up some favorable winds that were pushing Rosa Azul away from the pirate ship which was slowly catching fire.

"Captain Garshlow! Take us out of here."
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 04, 2014, 12:41:54 pm »

"Captain Garshlow! Take us out of here."
"Okay."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 04, 2014, 01:20:33 pm »

And thusly the man of few words aka Captain Garshlow took Rosa Azul to the city of Formos.

The sailing was smooth and there were no pirate ships coming at them. Far on the horizon, the crew spotted a trio of galleys, no doubt Razajab, flying their national flag and steadily albeit slowly sailing from west to east.

And then, City of Formos appeared on the horizon, surrounded by carefully tended farmlands and orchards. Caren was the island of spice and copper, while Formos was city of trade and craftsmen. Cysareans and Ramosians often fought over control of these two cities, and settled on 'equal' share only a decade ago; Formos went into hands of easterners while the island was claimed by Cysareans.

Soon after arriving in the docks, the party could see it was busy with live, moreso than the capital of Renosa. Peddlers were dealing with the citizens, carts and wagons of goods were carried back and forth while numerous people from numerous lands went about their business; the pale northerners, the tanned Cysareans and turban-wearing Razajab people.

It was definitely a busy trade hub.

"If you need me, I will be on the ship."
SigFlags!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 04, 2014, 02:13:28 pm »

"Roger that, boss. Dustine, we're partnering up for the shopping again, right?"
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 05, 2014, 03:34:46 am »

"Well, I do hope they have apples."
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 05, 2014, 03:28:37 pm »

"I'll try to go and see if I can't fence the info I copied about the curse. Don't suppose anyone would care to come along for... backup?"
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 05, 2014, 03:52:50 pm »

With a grin, Dustine nodded.

"Sure, if you want to come along. Lets head that way now then."

Dustine and Esori to the market guy

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 05, 2014, 03:59:23 pm »

@Dustinori:

The market was open and the keeper was elderly man with large belly, bald head, golden earring in left ear and impressive moustache that was braided at entirety of it's length; from lips down to his chest.

"Welcome, welcome. How can I help you?"
SigFlags!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 05, 2014, 04:03:27 pm »

"We're merchants looking to buy and sell goods in bulk. Got a nice little selection of goods with us. Some foodstuff, alcohol, precious gems, that sort of thing. Wouldn't mind seeing some prices, of course."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 05, 2014, 04:42:19 pm »

"Oh, allright then."

"We have lots of oats and olives to sell, some leather and lumber, stingweed and parsley, plus some wool, lilac and orange oil. Oh, and beads. And a ton of iron. You know, local mines have been supplying a lot of it lately, but the industry is already saturated with it! So, unfortunately, I was told to get rid of it at lower price... enjoy your discount. That's it, if you need iron."

"Currently, we have shortages of meat, sugar, beer and cotton, as well as lemon oil. We're also paying extra for oil and coffee, if you were at the southern continent lately." After that, he gave the prices for the goods of Descartes.

Port of Formos:

Sells: (gold per barrel)
Oats: 34 barrels ready, 35 gold each
Olives: 27 barrels ready, 99 gold each
Leather: 8 barrels ready, 240 gold each
Lumber: 20 barrels ready, 270 gold each
Iron: 41 barrels ready, 330 gold each (special discount)
Stingweed: 26 barrels ready, 50 gold each
Parsley: 15 barrels ready, 95 gold each
Wool: 15 barrels ready, 150 gold each
Beads: 14 barrels ready, 375 gold each
Orange Oil: 8 barrels ready, 296 gold each
Lilac: 14 barrels ready, 545 gold each

Buys: (proposed average price per barrel, ! denotes good in demand)
Berries: 92g each
Wine: 256g each
Wheat: 32g each
Garlic: 185g each
Grapes: 148g each
Ornamental Gems: 628g each

Spoiler: Tradegoodex! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 05:25:46 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 08, 2014, 12:18:06 am »

"We'll just take a moment to mull things over, if you don't mind, sir." Esori pulled Dustine to one side and spoke in hushed tones. "We don't really have any way to know if the prices are better in Xios or anywhere else, right? I think we should just sell what we have while we know we're making a profit, and pick up some new stuff. Make more deals during our trip, and all that."
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37